Centofante III

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jsd

Centofante III

Post by Jsd »

My Centofante III is broken in and it has turned into one of my favorites. It is smooth, light and slender in the pocket. It is also a good looking knife. The blade shape took me some time to warm up to but now I really like it, it's very functional. Great knife guys!

Evil D

Re: Centofante III

Post by Evil D »

One of my favorite Spyderco designs, I actually LOVE that blade shape. I really wish it were more popular and could get a sprint steel. I'm also a huge fan of the Centofante 4.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Evil D wrote:One of my favorite Spyderco designs, I actually LOVE that blade shape. I really wish it were more popular and could get a sprint steel. I'm also a huge fan of the Centofante 4.
I really like my Cento 3 too. I agree that a sprint of the cento 4 in a special steel would be cool. I think it would be a decent seller too since the cento 4 has been out of production for awhile.
Ncmiked

Post by Ncmiked »

I bought my friend one for Christmas and then gave him a Delica in Zdp189 to try out, still prefers the cento 3. He loves it, first Spyderco he has ever owned. :cool:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

IMHO Centofante is most underapriciated Spyderco.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:IMHO Centofante is most underapriciated Spyderco.
+1

The Centofante 3 is my wife's preferred EDC of choice. It is a fantastic design indeed. Of course, I would love to see a Centofante 3 or 4 Sprint, but I'd also really LOVE to see a Vesuvius Sprint too.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jstrange

Post by jstrange »

Hello all,

New to this forum, but not Spyderco. I saw this thread and had to chime in as I just picked up a Centofante 3 as well. Very thin slicing machine. Just wanted to ask anyone that has had one for awhile how these hold up. I have not had a reivited Spydie before and am a tad worried about it.
:spyder: jstrange
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

My first spyderco. Love it. Would love to pick up a vesuvius someday.
PaleMoon

Post by PaleMoon »

I love the looks of the Cento. Really wish it came in the regular FRN pattern.
The problem of a coherent civilization is the problem of living with ignorance and not being frustrated by it.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

jstrange wrote:Hello all,

New to this forum, but not Spyderco. I saw this thread and had to chime in as I just picked up a Centofante 3 as well. Very thin slicing machine. Just wanted to ask anyone that has had one for awhile how these hold up. I have not had a reivited Spydie before and am a tad worried about it.
While I haven't used my Cento3 a whole ton, I can attest that riveted Spyderco knives hold up great. I had a riveted Delica 3 that was the only knife I carried and used (I used it a ton!) for about 7 years. I'm sure that if I carried it exclusively, it would serve me just fine for another 7 years and then probably another 7 after that. The only reason I don't really carry it any more is that I got bit by the bug and ended up buying a ton of other Spyderco knives that I also carry and use, so that one gets to rest most of the time now.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Hi Jstrange,

Nice to see you here. My friend got a Cento 3 as well and it indeed is small & light! Very nice!
My only complaint is that my forefinger will get stuck trying to close it with the usual finger pull down motion. It's caused by the short pivot-hole distance.

Other than that, I enjoy fondling the knife. :)
Chris :spyder:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

It is a great knife and a super value. It is classy enough to be a gents folder for a very reasonable price. The palladium bug is a really nice accent. I love mine and will second the idea of a sprint run in either one of these knives.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I might get the 3 eventually but the 4 is a must get if I ever see one in the wild lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I just discovered the planned wharny Delica so I no longer think the Cento 4 is a necessity.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

True. I forgot about the Jazz Delica.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
jstrange

Post by jstrange »

anagarika wrote:

Hi Jstrange,

Nice to see you here. My friend got a Cento 3 as well and it indeed is small & light! Very nice!
My only complaint is that my forefinger will get stuck trying to close it with the usual finger pull down motion. It's caused by the short pivot-hole distance.

Other than that, I enjoy fondling the knife. :)
Thanks! I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join up since I seem to be in to Spydercos right now. As far as closing it, I have been practicing with it and as long as I hold my index finger right at the top of the handle I have no problems. There is just enough of a unsharpened portion to catch my finger and allow me to close it one handed. Not nearly as fast as a Delica, but it works.
:spyder: jstrange
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ABX2011 wrote:I just discovered the planned wharny Delica so I no longer think the Cento 4 is a necessity.
Blasphemy! It's a lot more than just a wharnie blade, it's far classier and IMO the ergonomics are 100% better. It also has a thinner blade and is a better slicer (based off my experience with any 2.5+ FFG blade vs. the Centofante's 2mm hollow grind). Even if all things were equal there's no way the "Jazz" is going to look as good as a Centofante 4.
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Spydergirl88 wrote:I might get the 3 eventually but the 4 is a must get if I ever see one in the wild lol
I originally didn't know anything about the 4 but I always loved the 3. It's been years ago but when I found out there was a wharnie version it was when the discontinued list was posted and I had a moment of panic, called my local knife shop and they had one in stock. I gave him my credit card number over the phone so he would stay there after closing time for me to pick it up lol. Lets just say a few laws were broken on my drive there lol.
~David
gastonian

Post by gastonian »

Nice to see the Cento 3 getting some well deserved love.

For anyone that likes cutting with their knives (which to me is why i have a knife). I don't think you can get a better slicer from any manufacturer than the Cento 3.

We really need a sprint run with an upgraded steel!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

IMHO Centofante 3 and 4 are long overdue for sprint runs.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian