Little help please: Delica4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Monocrom

Little help please: Delica4

Post by Monocrom »

Okay, could have sworn there was a G10 handled version out there of the Delica4, but can't find them for sale. Am I wrong? Also, would it be possible to swap out the blade on a Kahr Arms Delica onto a G10 Delica handle? Not sure which blade I'd prefer on a G10 handle version. Will likely get one of each. I think the Delica4 might just be the ideal EDC knife for me. I love the one I've had for longer than I can remember. Would love a G10 handle version of it.
farnorthdan

Re: Little help please: Delica4

Post by farnorthdan »

There was but it was disco'd years ago, you still see them on the secondary market from time to time, as a matter of fact theres one on the bay right now for $135. As far as a blade swap, i dont think it would be a problem. You could also buy some G10 scales from another vendor, say Cuscadi or Sungi.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The last G10 Delica that had FFG was a Foliage Green version that was the same color as the current G10 Dragonfly. I have kicked myself for tarrying too long to buy one. In any case, they come up for sale, but not often. Too bad, as that is one great looking knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
harronek

Post by harronek »

The Kahr shaped blade is a very underestimated and misunderstood blade that is extremely useful as a EDC knife .
The only fly in the ointment is the Saber grind in my opinion , I modified a FFG VG10 Delica into a Kahr and it out performs the Saber grind in slicing and general everyday tasks .
You must understand that the original concept of the Kahr was as a self defense knife where laws don't allow blades over 2.5 inches
, so its understandable that they used a thicker Saber grind on it .

G10 scales and a FFG Kahr blade shape is a real beauty of a combination and one I've been using for a few weeks now .
I snapped the tip off my G10 scaled Hap40 Delica and was forced to grind it into a Kahr , I only removed as much metal as absolutely required and the result is a Kahr that fits in between the standard Kahr and the standard Delica blade lengths .
So i now have two FFG Kahr's and a Saber grind , the FFG's are my preferred option everytime .

Ken
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

In my perfect dream world, it would be possible to swap an Endura blade into a Delica handle, then I would bob the tip down to have that wharnie tip but it wouldn't lose any edge length in the process.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Evil D wrote:In my perfect dream world, it would be possible to swap an Endura blade into a Delica handle, then I would bob the tip down to have that wharnie tip but it wouldn't lose any edge length in the process.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
harronek

Post by harronek »

Evil D wrote:In my perfect dream world, it would be possible to swap an Endura blade into a Delica handle, then I would bob the tip down to have that wharnie tip but it wouldn't lose any edge length in the process.

I also lay awake at night dreaming of this scenario .

Ken
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Probably the only way to get close to that would be to have someone like Boomer52 over on BladeForums cut an Endura handle down to as close to Delica size as possible and have someone cut the blade down to match.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Some great responses, and an excellent pic.

Thanks guys. :)

Will likely go with the aftermarket G10 scales option as it seems the easiest.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

We have been bugging Sal for a while now for a sprint run with blue g10. It seems to have stalled out but I am not giving up hope. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?