"I would buy a new Yojimbo 2 Sprint with....???"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

"I would buy a new Yojimbo 2 Sprint with....???"

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I've been watching Michael Janich's video's on youtube. Man, that guy really knows his way around a blade, if you're at all interested in knives for self defense check him out. In one video in particular he talked about the evolution of the yojimbo 2. He talked about how the original came in two colors; black and blue. He said he hoped the blue would be a Denim color that would serve as an Urban Camouflage but that the G10 colors that were available at the time didn't quite live up to his vision....

....So 2 things occurred to me.
1.) I desperately need a Yojimbo 2. (even though i own like 30 knives)
2.) I got a taste for the fancy, it's not that s30v is a bad steel, I just happen to like an 'ever so slightly' higher end than that.
i want a Yojimbo 2 Sprint Run with a steel like say 52100 with a blue camo pattern or denim color like Michael Janich had originally intended.

That's my dream, my question to you is:
What kind of Yojimbo 2 Sprint would you like to see Spyderco make?
(That you would actually purchace if they made it.)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SG89

Re: "I would buy a new Yojimbo 2 Sprint with....???"

Post by SG89 »

Blurple g10 s110v
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

I think something tough like 3V, Cruwear, or M4 would be a good choice to help reinforce the pointy tip and hollow grind
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Blurple g10 s110v
This please. Funny, this seems to keep coming up on the forums every few days. Hint hint Spyderco ;)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Jade G10 and M4? :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Cruwear/tan G10 to go with the Manix2 and Military, then all we need is a Cruwear PM2 :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
This please. Funny, this seems to keep coming up on the forums every few days. Hint hint Spyderco ;)
Just get Jazz to ask for it and it will surely get made ;)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

I cant understand why people like that blurple color so much. But Cruwear/Gray would look amazing on the Yo2.

Sal: I would buy two of these!!!
Last edited by Cogito on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
First Yojimbo arrived today, don't know why I waited sooo long, really like it, shown it off to a couple friends....both said, wicked sick, intimidating...anyway..I was thinking Blurple s110v also, but as a standard production model.....Cruwear in the Gray G10 would work nicely as a sprint.
timlara

Post by timlara »

Like seemingly everybody else, I would be more than happy with a regular production Blurple/110v Yo2.... :D

That said, how about RWL34 or 204P and Olive Drab or Foliage Green G10 for a sprint?
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

S90v, S110V, 204P, 10V, ... I don't care really. I just want a sprint run of this knife.... :(
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Where were all of you when the S90V/CF exclusive sat on shelves for 6 months not selling? That's why we don't see more sprints in knives like this. When they risk not selling them, it doesn't make them too keen on doing another run.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
swigert

Post by swigert »

Evil D wrote:Where were all of you when the S90V/CF exclusive sat on shelves for 6 months not selling? That's why we don't see more sprints in knives like this. When they risk not selling them, it doesn't make them too keen on doing another run.

This.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I love 52100 but not on this sort of knife (sort of a specialty knife that CAN be EDC but often times will sit in a collection). M4, 3V, Cruwear, AEB-L @ 62RC, or Nitrobe 77.
Holland

Post by Holland »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Jade G10 and M4? :)
I don't have a yojimbo yet, but I will definitely buy an M4 sprint. But at the same time, I'll probably buy any sprint in M4 :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:Where were all of you when the S90V/CF exclusive sat on shelves for 6 months not selling? That's why we don't see more sprints in knives like this. When they risk not selling them, it doesn't make them too keen on doing another run.
I know i kick myself for missing it. Although now there are none to be found so, in the end they sell. I'd be down for blurple s110v (i like my pm2 in the same). But Any sprint run of the Yojimbo would be cool. surprised no one else liked my 52100 suggestion.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Jade G10 and M4? :)
i love the way my cpm m4 PM2 with the jade/natural handles looks. It's an impressive looking knife.
I would really like to see the demin camo though.
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

+1 very good point David, it was remarkable how long these sat around, I was even tempted to buy a 3rd. Seemed like the longest time you couldn't even find a G10 production model.

I do think the S110V's will sell well though, but doubt we'll see a sprint any time soon.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
PaleMoon

Post by PaleMoon »

Cujobob wrote:I love 52100 but not on this sort of knife (sort of a specialty knife that CAN be EDC but often times will sit in a collection). M4, 3V, Cruwear, AEB-L @ 62RC, or Nitrobe 77.
With the hollow grind on the Yo2, AEB-L sound like it could be interesting. But I don't know enough about steel properties to know if it would fit the rest of the blade shape

I would love a Yo2 in jade g10. Any steel really.. Maybe RWL34 or CPM 154?
The problem of a coherent civilization is the problem of living with ignorance and not being frustrated by it.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

farnorthdan wrote: Seemed like the longest time you couldn't even find a G10 production model.
I seem to remember Janich saying they halted production while he was working for BlackHawk. Now that he is back with the Spyderco Team Yojimbo's are easier to come by.

*edit* the above info is incorrect, Mr. Janich was kind enough to correct me in his post on the next page *edit*
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.