"I would buy a new Yojimbo 2 Sprint with....???"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: "I would buy a new Yojimbo 2 Sprint with....???"

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The more i think about it, the more i want the Yojimbo 2 to have the new MAXAMET steel. You put that steel on there, i don't care what color the g-10 is, i'll buy 2.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

ZrowsN1s wrote:The more i think about it, the more i want the Yojimbo 2 to have the new MAXAMET steel. You put that steel on there, i don't care what color the g-10 is, i'll buy 2.
That would sort of defeat the purpose of the knife. It's a SD knife that can be used as an EDC knife, if you focus on the edge retention portion at the cost of toughness, that would make it a pretty bad choice I would think (for the self defense aspect).
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Cujobob wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:The more i think about it, the more i want the Yojimbo 2 to have the new MAXAMET steel. You put that steel on there, i don't care what color the g-10 is, i'll buy 2.
That would sort of defeat the purpose of the knife. It's a SD knife that can be used as an EDC knife, if you focus on the edge retention portion at the cost of toughness, that would make it a pretty bad choice I would think (for the self defense aspect).

Wouldn't really explain the choice for S90V...
But I do agree.
Going back to Caly.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Cujobob wrote:

Wouldn't really explain the choice for S90V...
But I do agree.
I keep reading that Maxamet has good toughness but not really seeing what that is comparing it to. If the mule weren't so pricey, I'd beat on it and find out for myself, but man I don't want to sharpen out a chip on that, for sure.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Honestly I'd like one in ZDP-189 or a solid slab of hap 40. But I don't see much chance of those steels being used in Golden.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

I am eagerly awaiting word on burple and s110v and will get one if produced. A cruwear/grey g10 sprint would also be fantastic.
10just

Post by 10just »

love the idea of a black DLC on the Yo2..

it is easily one of my favorite knives.. the ergos are UNRIVALED
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Hi I'm just here to say I'd love an s110v or DLC Yo2 I may have already chimed in but oh well!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Comedie

Post by Comedie »

Spydergirl88 wrote: Since they currently make a UKPK drop point and leaf style blade shape... Do you think they will make both in S110V or just the leaf shape? I'm guessing the leaf shape is the better seller?
Hopefully a drop point for me. I have both, and find the drop point more useful to me. One of my favorite travel knives now
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Comedie wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote: Since they currently make a UKPK drop point and leaf style blade shape... Do you think they will make both in S110V or just the leaf shape? I'm guessing the leaf shape is the better seller?
Hopefully a drop point for me. I have both, and find the drop point more useful to me. One of my favorite travel knives now
wrong thread?

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Comedie wrote:
wrong thread?

....or, since we may soon see a Delica with a Wharnie, how about the opposite; a Sprint Yojimbo with a drop point blade in Cruwear! Get a little belly in those ergos! :)
Going back to Caly.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

I'd be fine with a Yo2 Sprint in about any configuration.

Perhaps the new S90V/CPM-154 composite would make a good blade material for a Sprint.

Cruwear and grey G10 is something I'd still like to see spread to new models.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
MCM

Post by MCM »

Michael mentioned to me about the time the Blueridge CF S90v came out that he would rather it had been blacked out with the production blade steel. Makes sense in this type of knife. But I do like the CF model quite a bit. :D

Added standard Yo2 / all black. That's what I would do too.
Last edited by MCM on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I'll take almost anything as long as it isn't peel ply CF again. :rolleyes:
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I'll take almost anything as long as it isn't peel ply CF again. :rolleyes:
I'd rank my preference 1st G-10, 2nd FRN, 3rd Carbon Fiber

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MCM wrote:Michael mentioned to me about the time the Blueridge CF S90v came out that he would rather it had been blacked out with the production blade steel. Makes sense in this type of knife. But I do like the CF model quite a bit. :D

Added standard Yo2 / all black. That's what I would do too.

This is the complete opposite of what I heard Mike's opinion was of black blades. I've been begging for a DLC Yo 2 since the first time the prototype was shown.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I'll take almost anything as long as it isn't peel ply CF again. :rolleyes:
ZrowsN1s wrote:
I'd rank my preference 1st G-10, 2nd FRN, 3rd Carbon Fiber

I don't get the dislike of peel ply. It's functional and looks awesome. I guess if G10 were to significantly drop the price I would go that route. I don't mind FRN for some models but I'd almost always pick peel ply over anything else if I had the choice.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

g10 just feels better in the hand to me, gives me a lot of confidence in my grip, a personal preference. I've heard others complain about CF wearing poorly but never personally had a problem with it. And G10 comes in better colors. FRN gets 2nd with me because light weight/low cost and the widest color range.

Boar-gen

Post by Boar-gen »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:Coarse blurple G10 s110v production
Coarse black g10 DLC s30v production
Coarse tan g10 m4 sprint
Yes, please- I will take all three!

Boar-gen
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Boar-gen wrote:
SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote: Coarse black g10 DLC s30v production
Coarse tan g10 m4 sprint
Yes, please- I will take all three!

Boar-gen
Oooh- I never thought of tan....Yeah, that'd look really smart. I'd dig it being M4 but wouldn't mind whichever way it went.

But it's definitely crying out for a fully DLC version, coarse G10 or no
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/