Knifecenter s35vn orange g10 Positron exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Knifecenter s35vn orange g10 Positron exclusive

Post by Sharp Guy »

kingston73 wrote:I haven’t gotten it yet but I’m wondering are there any pictures or threads about modifying the scale to make the lock easier to access?
See the thread linked below. I would recommend waiting awhile before you attempt any mods. When I first got mind I was convinced that I'd need to mod mine to make it more user friendly. After owning it for a short while I figured out that I can use the corner/side of my thumbnail to push the lock bar over. It's not ideal but it works fine and I no longer feel that it's necessary to mod the knife.

Congrats on the new knife! I think $89 is a great deal for this one. I hope you're as happy with yours as I am mine.

viewtopic.php?p=1187338#p1187338
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

I went ahead and ordered one. If the lock is no more difficult than the GB1 I'll be ok because I don't mind recessed locks. I'm hoping there isn't a hot spot with the clip but if there is I'll probably just pocket carry it without the clip.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

fanglekai wrote:I went ahead and ordered one. If the lock is no more difficult than the GB1 I'll be ok because I don't mind recessed locks. I'm hoping there isn't a hot spot with the clip but if there is I'll probably just pocket carry it without the clip.
I actually found the lock is more difficult than the GB1 but (I think) only because of the teeth on the lock bar of the Positron. I've read where people have said that it was easier to work the lock on their CF Positron vs. their KC orange one. Not sure what the difference could be.

As far as ergos, I found the clip wasn't too bad but the length made it a little uncomfortable. I took the clip off and the knife felt great. I don't like carrying knives loose in my pocket so the short Dragonfly clip was a good compromise for me.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JDennis

Post by JDennis »

I bought one a month or two ago because the price is hard to pass on and have been very pleased with it. The lock is tough to get to but I have big meaty fingers, and it doesn't bother me since its not a race to be able to close the knife. The polished orange g10 is awesome to look at and the size is perfect for office edc. The s35vn steel is just a bonus since it is one of my favorite steels.
kwselke

Post by kwselke »

JDennis wrote:I bought one a month or two ago because the price is hard to pass on and have been very pleased with it. The lock is tough to get to but I have big meaty fingers, and it doesn't bother me since its not a race to be able to close the knife. The polished orange g10 is awesome to look at and the size is perfect for office edc. The s35vn steel is just a bonus since it is one of my favorite steels.
I bought both a black carbon fiber and orange G-10 Positron from Knife Center when the price dropped last year. Both are wonderful knives, but I do prefer the lighter weight and simple beauty of the carbon fiber model. I have a half dozen Delicas which are losing pocket time because of two Positrons. Use your index finger to reach around and unlock the knife. The last I saw KC still had the orange S35VN Positrons available for $90. That is the best $90 knife on the market today, in my opinion.
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

So mine arrived today and the F&F are good. The action isn't ultra smooth yet but the detent ball has to wear its track before that tends to happen. The lock is easy to disengaged left-handed, which is great since I'm a lefty. It came decently sharp but I gave it a few passes on the Sharpmaker. Overall this is a nice knife that seems like a good size for office carry.