What's The Best Deal You Have Made on a Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cogito

What's The Best Deal You Have Made on a Spydie?

Post by Cogito »

Just curious. I was able to snag a like-new Manix 2 G10 off of craigslist for $60 . I'm still pretty happy about that.

What say you?
Studey

Re: What's The Best Deal You Have Made on a Spydie?

Post by Studey »

Probably the M4 Knifeworks Military I got for $115. :cool:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I got a ZDP Delica for something like $40-50 once, I think a few of us here on the forum got in on that deal.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

How do you guys find these deals? What is the best online dealer to monitor? I'm still new at this.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Cogito wrote:How do you guys find these deals? What is the best online dealer to monitor? I'm still new at this.
Well welcome to a great place to hang out and learn a lot about blade steels, handle materials and lots of other fun stuff! :D

There's lots of great dealers of Spyderco. Start off by trying New Graham Pharmacy, Knife Works, and BladeHQ. Jim Howe who owns Howe's Knife Shop is closing out his inventory and you may be able to find some clearance deals there. Jim & Barb have been great to me and I've had the pleasure of buying some wonderful Spyderco's from them over the years.

Some of your best "deals" however, will be found on the secondary markets. BladeForums is my favorite hangout. There are some really quality guys and gals over there. There is a fee if you want to sell, but it's free to make offers if you're just buying...you just have to register and make a profile/account.

eBay can be a goldmine or a minefield...caveat emptor. Some good deals, but quite a few clones.

With the secondary markets persistence and diligence checking the sales threads is the key. Many hotly coveted models sell in seconds after being listed-- no kidding! Choose sellers with 100% positive feedback and you'll be on your way.

I'll post up some pics of a couple of my most favorite deals tomorrow if I can carve out a minute or two.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Paladin, this is very helpful! Thanks
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

I got the 52100 Military for $159
f.older

Post by f.older »

Here in Germany I got a Native 5 G10 for 100 EUR (125 USD) and Native 5 FRN Lightweight for 85 EUR (105 USD). It's a pretty good price for import article. Love this fabulous EDC pair! :-)
BTG

Post by BTG »

Still feel guilty, hands down a free blue Nishijin Stretch...double shipped somehow...charged once.
Croix

Post by Croix »

I recently scored a LNIB cruwear military for a well used digi cam DLC PM2 + 100 cash. Not exactly a smoking deal but it seemed fair to me.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Centofante4 at a pawn shop for $40 long after they were discontinued.

Paramilitary1 in CPM-D2 for $20 at the seconds sale. :eek:

Ladybug hawkbill from a retailer for $22 after signing up for their email.

I scored both the 52100 and M4 mules BNIB off of craigslist for $100 for the pair. Oh yeah !!!

I got a BNIB Carbon Fiber Balance on Ebay for $40.

I have scored quite a few more good deals but these represent many different sources of good deals and certainly some of my better deals. Be very cautious with ebay and pawn shops though. You really need to know what you are looking at.
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Cogito wrote:How do you guys find these deals? What is the best online dealer to monitor? I'm still new at this.
Seems like there used to be a thread here where people posted deals they found, but I haven't seen it in a while. The Delica deal was posted by someone here on the forum and a bunch of us swarmed it. They quickly changed the price but a few of us scored one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The best deal was 2013 Forum Native5 - $150. This knife brought me more pleasure than any other knife.
In addition to that during my Spyderco addiction time I was able to find CF Dragonfly for $30, Blue Dodo PE for $62, SS ATR PE for under $70, original Shabaria for $118, CF Kopa for $75, Giraffe bone Kopa for $100. I was bargain hunter back than. Also in old time there were a many options, some of great deals came from dealers, who were not restricted by MAP :rolleyes:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Well my best deal is still my fluted ti native.
I got it in a little store i found by accident.
The store owner just got a big box from spyderco and was opening it just when i arrived.
The man let me play with all the new spydies and at the end asked if i was interested in one of them so i named 3.
He said if you wait here a minut i will look up the prices. So i did.
When he returned he told me the fluted ti was 190 euro.
Trying not to start smiling like i won the euromillions i said ill take it.
The man clearly found the price of a normal g10 native 5 because the lowest price here for a fluted ti one is around 500 euro. So i walked out with the native and i still smile thinking about it. :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

BTG wrote:Still feel guilty, hands down a free blue Nishijin Stretch...double shipped somehow...charged once.
You didn't send it back?

Probably my best deal was two brand new green g10 UKPK's with S30V steel for $50 Canadian each. At the time I think the exchange rate meant they were $30 or so in American dollars.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Orange Dodo, at the B&M no box and $50 out the door. I sold it but often wish I had not
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Oh and I got the PM2 S90V/154CM CF for about $160 at the B&M. I was afraid to even open it because of the rarity. I sold it on USN and no regrets, I would have never used it
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I've never really tried to find a "deal" on a Spyderco because I always want them right away and I've resigned myself to paying for it. BUT...there are 2 Spydercos in particular that, once I had them in hand, have made me feel like they were a truly great deal. My new PM2 with M4 blade and my Gayle Bradley 2 with M4 blade are such nice knives for the price that while they were not a deal in the way Cogito meant they were deals by my standards.
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Centofante4 at a pawn shop for $40 long after they were discontinued.

Paramilitary1 in CPM-D2 for $20 at the seconds sale. :eek:

Ladybug hawkbill from a retailer for $22 after signing up for their email.

I scored both the 52100 and M4 mules BNIB off of craigslist for $100 for the pair. Oh yeah !!!

I got a BNIB Carbon Fiber Balance on Ebay for $40.

I have scored quite a few more good deals but these represent many different sources of good deals and certainly some of my better deals. Be very cautious with ebay and pawn shops though. You really need to know what you are looking at.
Wow!
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I saw a add for a "Spyderco Bug Delica" on USN. I clicked on it and it was a 25th Anniversary Delica. I think the seller wanted $300 but I offered $250 IIRC could have been less, and I bought it and it was in my hands 3 days later. The knife is number 308.

I was happy with that one.
Attachments
P1011559.jpg