What's The Best Deal You Have Made on a Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Able Dog

Re: What's The Best Deal You Have Made on a Spydie?

Post by Able Dog »

Trading a few knives I never EDC'd for a LNIB Chinook 1 CPM-440v and a CC Gunting.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
BTG

Post by BTG »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
BTG wrote:Still feel guilty, hands down a free blue Nishijin Stretch...double shipped somehow...charged once.
You didn't send it back?

Probably my best deal was two brand new green g10 UKPK's with S30V steel for $50 Canadian each. At the time I think the exchange rate meant they were $30 or so in American dollars.
Actually thought about it, weird circumstances....then I thought I didn't want to get the guy in shipping in trouble...you know...so I took it on the chin and kept it.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

BTG wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
BTG wrote:Still feel guilty, hands down a free blue Nishijin Stretch...double shipped somehow...charged once.
You didn't send it back?

Probably my best deal was two brand new green g10 UKPK's with S30V steel for $50 Canadian each. At the time I think the exchange rate meant they were $30 or so in American dollars.
Actually thought about it, weird circumstances....then I thought I didn't want to get the guy in shipping in trouble...you know...so I took it on the chin and kept it.
Solid reasoning, brother!!!
Nate

Post by Nate »

I'd say the best deals I got were aquiring my sb Caly's:

I paid $175 for the 3.5 bnib off the bladeforums exchange, where a seller had two which had sat with no offers for over a week :confused: and then amazingly found the 3 at a dealer for $150 when they put a few on sale at a closeout price after they sat on the shelf for a loooong time.

I know these aren't great deals purely on price for those who were around when they were initially offered, but I came onto the scene at least two years late and was thrilled to pick them up for what I did.
:spyder:
awa54

Post by awa54 »

not a steal by most standards, but I got my ZDP D'fly in like new condition off Ebay for $45 shipped.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

BattleStation $112.50
G10 sprint Jester $30
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Lefty original Terzuola for 60 and PE tuffram civi for 100. Both new, and from the same guy, about 12 years ago
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

The recent Massdrop deal on the Memory is right up there. Was about $140 shipped.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

clovisc wrote:The recent Massdrop deal on the Memory is right up there. Was about $140 shipped.
I like that Memory.

What is Massdrop?
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Scored for $85 at the big auction site last month...

And this one for $55 CAD (don0t know the equivalent in USD... :confused: ) some time ago

both used byut in perfect condition! :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Cogito wrote:
clovisc wrote:The recent Massdrop deal on the Memory is right up there. Was about $140 shipped.
I like that Memory.

What is Massdrop?
Massdrop is a group buying vendor, better pricing through volume. The more people who commit to purchasing a certain item the lower the final price is.

https://www.massdrop.com/my-communities
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Thank you, farnorthdan
BTG

Post by BTG »

Hard to beat the 2nds sale...besides seconds they had a couple of tables of regular NIB merchandise on sale also...got a
GITD EDC M2 XL...can't remember if it was 100 or 110, either way I should have gotten a few instead of just one, kicking
Myself now, LOVE that knife ,hope we get a seconds sale this year...there'll always be new deals..
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Brand new Sage4 showed up on my Amazon price watch for $99 about a year ago. I ordered it hastily guessing it was too good to be true, but it arrived as described. NOS I suppose, guy didn't know what he had.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

abbazaba wrote:Brand new Sage4 showed up on my Amazon price watch for $99 about a year ago. I ordered it hastily guessing it was too good to be true, but it arrived as described. NOS I suppose, guy didn't know what he had.
Now that's a deal IMO!!

I've been fortunate enough to get some great deals over on the Exchange and have even bought a couple from Massdrop now. Just need to keep your eyes peeled, do your research, and not put yourself in a position to get taken advantage of.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TomH

Post by TomH »

G10 Smallfly and trainer both new in box for around US$110 total. One of the major online dealers was clearing them out.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

New SpyDK for $ 19,95 :) Unitedoutdoors on eBay
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Just snagged my first Military off of the Sig pistol forum for $70.00 to my door, should get it in a few days!
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

This has turned out real informative for me.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

My best deals made...

1. Never used new CF Stretch ZDP189 for 125$ 3 months ago
2. Caly3 CF ZDP189 traded for 2 wenger ranger pocket knives
3. Large Lum chinese traded for Caly3 g10 bought for 30$
4. Orange CTS-XHP Para2 from CS bought for 117$
5. Dark green CTS-204p Para2 from KW bought for 137$
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear