What's The Best Deal You Have Made on a Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dammyippon

Re: What's The Best Deal You Have Made on a Spydie?

Post by dammyippon »

SE para 3 for 88$ of amazon
A new native 5 in blurple g10 for 100$
A new jumpmaster 2 for 120$
Fine bench stone for 30$
Adam Brands Þórarinsson
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Best deal? That’s easy Vivi out of the kindness of his :spyder: heart sold me an excellent Polce 3.

I love this knife. A big part of the reason has to do with the niceness of the person helping satisfy a desire.

Authentic Police 3’s are hard to come by now and he even turned me on to where I could buy albeit at a high price a fully Serrated one and I did.

Thanks Vivi.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

It's been a few years back but I still remember when I was going through some Ebay auctions back around 2009 or thereabout>> a guy had a "like new" 440V, PE Rhino Horn Lil TEMPERANCE with a $25 "buy it now" sign on it. My head was spinning so hard I literally couldn't believe my eyes. Oh yes I clicked it and it arrived as listed and it was hard to tell that it had been carried.

About 2 months after that another guy had a 440V GUNTING with a "buy it now" sign on it for $55 >> but it was a strange Ebay auction in that the GUNTING didn't have a picture of it. However the description was spot on so I went ahead and got it>> oh and it was NIB ( new in the box). I believe the auction not having a pic is why no one pulled the trigger before I did. Yeah and those two happened within about 2 months of each other. Those were my "bargains of the decade" to be sure.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

I've been looking for a new/slightly used Proficient as a go to outdoor knife. Found some here and there but they were well used or with broken tips from improper use. Found one on eBay at the first of the year with bidding starting at $99. Now granted it was originally from the seconds sale at the outlet and came with no sheath but that didn't matter. I was one of 2 bidders. Slapped a $140 bid at last second a snapped that Grail knife! Yes it was a adrenaline rush and I'm still proud. Waiting for my sheath maker to get time to make me a custom sheath. Right now it's still sitting in my safe waiting for some nice leather.
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D
Nice marmot

Post by Nice marmot »

About ten years ago I picked up a NIB SE C54 Calypso for sixty bucks on clearance at my local spyderco dealer. It had been in the case a while and they were trying to get rid of it. love that knife.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Junction fixed blade for $139 Bargain
Which totalled my KnifeCenter points to $50 off the green Delica I just bought so double Bargain
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Impossible to say, but gotta be one of the Taichung spydies I snatched during discontinued season. Basically all of them had been way out of reach at regular MAP prices. Then suddenly..... ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

THIS ...pictures do it no justice.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_19.jpeg
Joey

Post by Joey »

I scored a Native 5 salt for $40, and this was back in early January. It hadn’t been available for more than a month! This month I picked up a Dice and a Brouwer, but didn’t spend more than $200. Both were used, but in fantastic shape.
Deals are out there! Locally, I’ve gotten some amazing finds as well.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Nice marmot wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:22 am
About ten years ago I picked up a NIB SE C54 Calypso for sixty bucks on clearance at my local spyderco dealer. It had been in the case a while and they were trying to get rid of it. love that knife.
This is amazing and yet painful to read
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*