2017 Forum Calendar Contest - WINNERS

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
i am travvy

Re: 2017 Forum Calendar Contest - WINNERS

Post by i am travvy »

Me too!
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

I received my tracking number today as well! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Mantra next week. :D
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Got my tracking details to the UK earlier also - with details of replacement UK legal prize! All I'm going to say at the moment is Spyderco Rock!!!! :)
MadmanR1

Post by MadmanR1 »

Congrats to all the winners! Huge thanks to the crew at Spyderco for doing this. This is the first time I've ever taken a photo and shared it with the internet outside of trying to photograph something I'm selling. You've encouraged me to do something creative for the joy of it, and that is awesome for an analytical guy like me. Hope we can do it again next year, look forward to the calendar!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Awesome guys! Can't wait to see pics!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Congrats to all the winners- I definitely need to try harder next year :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Okay, this is the last time I'll be looking at this thread until I get my package. Don't want to ruin any little surprises that may or may not be in there. I'll be back in a couple of days with pictures!!
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

It's here!!! Usps said it would be delivered tomorrow but here it is!

Unfortunately no little extra surprises in the box this year (bug cutouts last year) but I am 100% Okay with that. This knife is absolutely amazing. My first spyderco flipper and first flipper without an assist. One word. Smooth. Very smooth. I was also surprised to the cutting edge to handle ratio. The blade looks huge! Especially compared to the pm2 I just got. The mantra looks to have just a hair more edge to a half inch or so shorter handle. I love it. I also really love the hardware. Not your typical torx screws, these are beefy. Everything about this knife I love so far. To the spydie crew, thank you so much!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

GAH! Mine says "out for delivery" but I don't think it's going to be here before I have to leave for work. Stupid adult responsibilities :rolleyes:
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

I received my Mantra today! Thanks again to the entire Spyderco Crew!

Here it is:

Mantra with Techno:

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Got mine today. I am extremely impressed with this knife. As much as I love the Manix 2 this might be Eric's best design yet. And, shockingly, the finger grooves actually fit my sausage fingers, which is a load off my mind because I was expected to have to mod this handle to fit my hand. If the handle on the Delica were designed with this same finger spacing I would own several of them. I especially love the full blade edge length. I like 50/50 choils but I think this design can do without it. I think this one also came sharper than any factory edge I've ever felt...the folks at Taichung have seriously got some skill.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I got mine yesterday, and I am just floored by this. I couldn't have been more lucky than to win this contest this year, because this is the knife for me. I recall answering a thread about pocketability, and describing the features that make a knife as pleasurable and easy as possible to carry and use. As soon as I was done writing it, it realized I was describing the Mantra. Since then I just had to have one, and now I do. And I absolutely love it. Again, I can't thank you enough Spyderco for this contest, and for picking me!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Thank You very much Spyderco Team ;)

Spyderco Mantra C202TIP has landed...
What a fantastic knife!

My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Very cool! Congrats everyone. The mantra is a wonderful knife.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Sooooooooooo......

Forced patina is next.
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

i am travvy wrote:Sooooooooooo......

Forced patina is next.
Those scales look great! That blue is beautiful. Are those flame anodized?
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Thank you! I love how it came out. Yes I flame anodized it. Used Mapp gas so it only tooked about 30 seconds per scale. In the middle of forcing a patina on it now.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

NICE travvy! Absolutely love it! I scored a cheap power supply off sleazebay that claims it hits 250V, but I don't know what I'm gonna get out of it cuz it's poorly regulated, if at all. I love that blue!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Very chuffed, as I'm in the UK Spyderco very kindly obliged by sending me a UK legal slip joint.

The middle one in the pic below is my latest UK friendly slip joint, a Spyderco Pingo Tiitanium!!

Please excuse hastily taken phone pic!!!
Just wanted to say Thanks Sal and all the crew at Spyderco, especially Christy :)