Warranty Experiences

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
12DJ4

Re: Warranty Experiences

Post by 12DJ4 »

sal wrote:Hi 12DJ4,

Thanx for your comments. I can say that I have worked with Charlynn for many years and she has always been very professional. Hard to believe that she would intentionally talk down to you. It's not her style. I spoke with here about your comments and she said that the only thing she can think of that you might have taken that way was when she asked yo to wait while she spoke to her manager about your request for replacement, which wasn't normal. I trust you are satisfied with your replacement?

I am truly sorry for your negative experience. We always extend our best effort to serve our customers. Sometimes we need to try harder. I hope the replacement works well for you. I also hope that you continue to visit our forum, with more pleasurable comments. :) I think you will find that we have a great group here.

sal
Thank you Sal and I am ready to move forward and look forward to trying Spyderco again. Actually I have the Bradley Advocate on preorder and I have another Bradley 2 on preorder. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my comments and I appreciate the dialogue and appreciate your passion as the owner of a premier production knife company. Best wishes,
Andrew
12DJ4

Post by 12DJ4 »

Archimedes wrote:200 HUNDRED SPYDERCOS!!! That is awesome, so please post a picture! I would love to see a collection of 200 Spydies.

Pic or it did not happen!!! :D
Why would I need to prove to you anything. Sal has the knife. He knows the issue, Dude! And as far as taking a pic to prove that I have that many Spydies? Give me a break!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

12DJ4 wrote:
Archimedes wrote:200 HUNDRED SPYDERCOS!!! That is awesome, so please post a picture! I would love to see a collection of 200 Spydies.

Why would I need to prove to you anything. Sal has the knife. He knows the issue, Dude! And as far as taking a pic to prove that I have that many Spydies? Give me a break!
Your taking that the wrong way.....he was genuinely interested in seeing your collection. As well as myself and many other members I would imagine.
The phrase pics or it didnt happen is said all the time. Its said in fun. Thats all.
That being said, please feel free to post up pics of your collection. I really believe you'll be glad you did, if you decide to. Seriously, your welcome here if you wanna stay.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sorry double tap
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

MacLaren wrote:
12DJ4 wrote:

Your taking that the wrong way.....he was genuinely interested in seeing your collection. As well as myself and many other members I would imagine.
The phrase pics or it didnt happen is said all the time. Its said in fun. Thats all.
That being said, please feel free to post up pics of your collection. I really believe you'll be glad you did, if you decide to. Seriously, your welcome here if you wanna stay.

This, very much this.
WCC

Post by WCC »

12DJ4 wrote:

Man, you seem very touchy and high strung. Perhaps just relax a little. ;)
We would all love to see your collection. If I had 200 spidies I would be posting pics all over this forum. :D Being defensive about it just seems like perhaps you don't have 200.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I had interaction with Charlynn as well, and for a economy product such as Cara Cara she took care about it, responded to questions and eventually sent me some screws because the clip screw head stripped off and my location is overseas. I never felt being talked down.

It's hard to believe she did that to a customer who has issues with Bradley. Having said that I concede that feeling is personal and interpretation of an interaction, gestures, tone, etc. is always individual. I'm not judging the OP, just sharing my experience as OP sharing his.

Welcome to the forum, and hope you'll have better experience next time.

Edit to asd:
Didn't know it's 3 pages now. Hope you're staying and sharing with us. I only have few, so I'm also interested to see the collection! Must be :cool:
Chris :spyder:
12DJ4

Post by 12DJ4 »

WCC wrote:
12DJ4 wrote:

We would all love to see your collection. If I had 200 spidies I would be posting pics all over this forum. :D Being defensive about it just seems like perhaps you don't have 200.
Actually, not my scene to post all over the place. Just not my scene. Touchy? In the eyes of the beholder and again I really have nothing more to say about my collection and being defensive. I stand up for myself. If that is high strung then so be it. Thanks for the advice to relax but I feel comfortable with how I am.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

12DJ4 wrote:
WCC wrote:
12DJ4 wrote:

Actually, not my scene to post all over the place. Just not my scene. Touchy? In the eyes of the beholder and again I really have nothing more to say about my collection and being defensive. I stand up for myself. If that is high strung then so be it. Thanks for the advice to relax but I feel comfortable with how I am.

Haha, "pics or it did not happen" is an internet saying for, "show me, show me, show me!!"

Glad everything worked out on your end. Welcome to the forums.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's pretty clear you and sal hashed this out by now. I certainly can't help as we are on different planets of perspective. There isn't an easy fix for hurt feelings so hopefully that's something that heals over time.

I've only had to use W&R once and Charlynn was exceptional. Same goes goes with my brother. Two knives with lockup problems which could not be fixed and were given store credit for. As two people who also have bought hundreds of Spyderco knives collectively and have interacted with other customer service departments no fuss was generated.

Not to bring other brands (any industry) into the mix but I've seen threads like this pop up on other forums over the years...knives, video games, automotive, etc. Let's just say it's exceptionally rare to find an attentive president who has a generally friendly customer base. Even if his knives aren't "perfect".
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've been in the retail/customer service business for 20 years. One thing I can tell you that is a universal fact, is your attitude entering a situation has 100% impact on the attitude you get back from a retailer. If you enter the conversation with an attitude, or you're demanding, confrontational etc, you're putting that person on the defense. I'm sure the OP will reply to this and say he was none of those things, but having dealt with Charlynn several times myself and having read about the experiences from everyone else over the years being on this forum, I find it hard to believe that she woke up that day and decided that this one person with this one complaint was going to get an attitude. I guess we all have bad days, but the reviews suggest otherwise.

My very first boss told me something I never forgot. He was giving me a lesson on customer service, and I brought up the old saying "the customer is always right", thinking that I would look wise for my age. He said to me "No son, the customer is almost always wrong. Your job is to make them feel like they're right and make them leave happy". Like the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have met Charlynn in person multiple times. I find it hard to believe that she was anything less than professional. I do know that her and her department are very, very busy.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

I think that this thread has accomplished all it is going to. Time to move on...
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I think that this thread has accomplished all it is going to. Time to move on...
Yep!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
12DJ4

Post by 12DJ4 »

Evil D wrote:I've been in the retail/customer service business for 20 years. One thing I can tell you that is a universal fact, is your attitude entering a situation has 100% impact on the attitude you get back from a retailer. If you enter the conversation with an attitude, or you're demanding, confrontational etc, you're putting that person on the defense. I'm sure the OP will reply to this and say he was none of those things, but having dealt with Charlynn several times myself and having read about the experiences from everyone else over the years being on this forum, I find it hard to believe that she woke up that day and decided that this one person with this one complaint was going to get an attitude. I guess we all have bad days, but the reviews suggest otherwise.

My very first boss told me something I never forgot. He was giving me a lesson on customer service, and I brought up the old saying "the customer is always right", thinking that I would look wise for my age. He said to me "No son, the customer is almost always wrong. Your job is to make them feel like they're right and make them leave happy". Like the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
And everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not asking for your support. As you will see, I thanked Sal and told him I appreciated him and even told him I am ready to move on and even have an Advocate and Bradley 2 on pre order (I have had them on pre order for weeks). And remember something about the comsumer. If they do not buy, them you are out of a job. How did I go into defense mode? Listen man, I know this is a Spyderco forum and you are here to support and defend Spyderco. I get it, but of course I am going to respond and stick up for myself. You think I should just lay down! Never been that way and never will! Just sticking up for what I believe. Nothing wrong with that! Whatever you find hard to believe is fine. Many people will say the same about me that I fight for the underdog and will give the skin off my back for someone. But you don't know me and you know Charlynn. Kindof biased to go by a thread and know nothing about a person and just go on one experience. Interesting, the customer is always wrong? I would love to know the retailer and where the boss is now. I am in no way perfect but should I say I was wrong when I feel I was not. I was not disrespectul to anyone. I never hung up on her or yelled at her or cussed at her. So because of all you have read and the time you have been on this forum and you knowing Charlynn well, makes me wrong and at fault? Pretty closed minded, no? Maybe be unlike all the rest and keep an open mind and at least hold a neutral stance. Can you imagine the impact and domino effect that would create?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

On second thought, certain things are just better left alone
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

12DJ4 wrote:
Evil D wrote:I've been in the retail/customer service business for 20 years. One thing I can tell you that is a universal fact, is your attitude entering a situation has 100% impact on the attitude you get back from a retailer. If you enter the conversation with an attitude, or you're demanding, confrontational etc, you're putting that person on the defense. I'm sure the OP will reply to this and say he was none of those things, but having dealt with Charlynn several times myself and having read about the experiences from everyone else over the years being on this forum, I find it hard to believe that she woke up that day and decided that this one person with this one complaint was going to get an attitude. I guess we all have bad days, but the reviews suggest otherwise.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not asking for your support. As you will see, I thanked Sal and told him I appreciated him and even told him I am ready to move on and even have an Advocate and Bradley 2 on pre order (I have had them on pre order for weeks). And remember something about the comsumer. If they do not buy, them you are out of a job. How did I go into defense mode? Listen man, I know this is a Spyderco forum and you are here to support and defend Spyderco. I get it, but of course I am going to respond and stick up for myself. You think I should just lay down! Never been that way and never will! Just sticking up for what I believe. Nothing wrong with that! Whatever you find hard to believe is fine. Many people will say the same about me that I fight for the underdog and will give the skin off my back for someone. But you don't know me and you know Charlynn. Kindof biased to go by a thread and know nothing about a person and just go on one experience. Interesting, the customer is always wrong? I would love to know the retailer and where the boss is now. I am in no way perfect but should I say I was wrong when I feel I was not. I was not disrespectul to anyone. I never hung up on her or yelled at her or cussed at her. So because of all you have read and the time you have been on this forum and you knowing Charlynn well, makes me wrong and at fault? Pretty closed minded, no? Maybe be unlike all the rest and keep an open mind and at least hold a neutral stance. Can you imagine the impact and domino effect that would create?

He's nobody you would know but was born to a single mother and grew up with nothing and retired with millions in the bank. You've completely missed the point of his comment to me and I can see now there's no point in any further contributions to your thread.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
12DJ4

Post by 12DJ4 »

Evil D wrote:
12DJ4 wrote:

He's nobody you would know but was born to a single mother and grew up with nothing and retired with millions in the bank. You've completely missed the point of his comment to me and I can see now there's no point in any further contributions to your thread.
I exactly understand the comment he made and that you are trying to make. I am saying that I should not feel I am wrong because you feel I went in to this experience with a negative attitude. I understand that you work retail and this boss with millions was in your eyes correct by saying that the customer is always wrong and to grease them to make them happy. Ha ha. So I should feel wrong because you say I am defensive going into this experience? What do I not understand? I think I get it.
12DJ4

Post by 12DJ4 »

MacLaren wrote:On second thought, certain things are just better left alone
I third thought. I agree with you totally!
sal

Post by sal »

probably time to let his go and move on. Seems like the customer is happy with the results. He's had an opportunity to share his thoughts, which we all like to hear now and then. So let us know how you like the new Bradley when it comes in?

sal
12DJ4

Post by 12DJ4 »

sal wrote:probably time to let his go and move on. Seems like the customer is happy with the results. He's had an opportunity to share his thoughts, which we all like to hear now and then. So let us know how you like the new Bradley when it comes in?

sal
Thank you Sal,
I tried to explain that I am happy and I that I wrote you back thanking you, but I seem to still get flack from all the loyal followers. Please let me say again that I appreciate you taking the time to respond in a positive way.