Nirvana has dropped!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sal3C

Nirvana has dropped!

Post by Sal3C »

I just placed my order at Cutlery Shoppe. :D :cool:

I called to confirm that they had the knife in stock and they told me that it was arriving tomorrow.
dplafoll

Re: Nirvana has dropped!

Post by dplafoll »

I handled one today, and posted some (large) pics here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71104
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Post lots of pics please! :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Let the stampede begin. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Wondering how long until my KW's pre-order is filled. Cant really afford this one right now especially after the 52100 frenzy. :o :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I handled this one at the SFO and it is a beautiful knife. It seems like a very functional design too. I liked the package with the blade closed. The way the blade fit into the handle was perfect. It isn't my style but I think a lot of folks will like this one.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
BTG

Post by BTG »

Made my day....can't wait for this one....will definitely be my main EDC for the foreseeable future...I think everything else is going to be in the backup role.....can't believe it's finally dropped..if it ships tomorrow or Thursday it should still get here by Saturday.....just hope the 40th anniversary edition gives me a week or two before dropping.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

farnorthdan wrote:Wondering how long until my KW's pre-order is filled. Cant really afford this one right now especially after the 52100 frenzy. :o :D
No doubt. I'm glad it's a standard production knife because it may be next year before I buy one lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Evil D wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Wondering how long until my KW's pre-order is filled. Cant really afford this one right now especially after the 52100 frenzy. :o :D
No doubt. I'm glad it's a standard production knife because it may be next year before I buy one lol.
Its actually kinda surreal, for once I hope my order doesn't get filled for a couple weeks so my wallet can catch its breath. Had to buy new rims and tires for my truck this week which put a real hurting on the old knife funds :( well that and too many new 52100's
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Gah! I wish I could but this has been an expensive week with the 52100 and a couple of other pick ups.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

WooHoo! Ordered from CS. Can't wait!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

https://youtu.be/IR6S_HHuoM0
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

roger-roger wrote:National Knives already sold out.

http://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco- ... tocknotify
IIRC, I believe the Nirvanas were being made in small batches in light of the complexity of the build. It is still impressive that they are selling out, though. Pretty neat knife.

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
niella

Post by niella »

ktsthiep wrote:Only 7 left in stock, now :D
https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-3-75-Ni ... co+Nirvana
Make that one less (5 left), just cancelled my KC preorder for this! ;-)

I only have one last dream knife before my Spyderco collection is complete (it is my birthday so I'm allowed): a Spyderco Sage 5 in Camo to commemorate the ultimate PM2 Spyderco, Camo with black blade.
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

SpyderNut wrote:

IIRC, I believe the Nirvanas were being made in small batches in light of the complexity of the build. It is still impressive that they are selling out, though. Pretty neat knife.

Highly tempting due to the limited production, and the unpredictable availability scheduling that comes with it. Right now all one has to do is order--no home work involved. :O)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

roger-roger wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:

Highly tempting due to the limited production, and the unpredictable availability scheduling that comes with it. Right now all one has to do is order--no home work involved. :O)
Agreed! :D I am tempted, but my wife helps un-tempt me. ;)

BTG

Post by BTG »

Anybody with a KC preorder hear anything yet,,,nothing for me yet..ordered mid August I think.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Looks very nice!! Has a Sebenza price tag....I think I would like to hear more reviews first before dropping that much coin. I'm curious if there is any blade play...my Sebenzas all feel like fixed blades when open. They don't budge. I love my Spydercos, but they don't lock up as solid as my Sebenzas do. If this locks up as tight as a Sebenza, I'll pick one up!

Harry
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!