Nirvana has dropped!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KnifeJunky83

Re: Nirvana has dropped!

Post by KnifeJunky83 »

BTG wrote:
KnifeJunky83 wrote:The way these are being made in small amounts , I may not get mine from KW until next year ! Haha The bad thing is I'm very impatient !!! So if I see it in Stock somewhere else I'll have to jump on it and cancel at KW !!! lol

That's what I did....didn't get a KC notice, ordered last August, so I called and they said they only got into July orders, so I found one 15 dollars more on Amazon, figured no way anyone's faking this one,through some East Coast shop..had 5 at the time, and I'm too impatient to wait for KC , soooo it arrived on the 12th...has not left my pocket since....little tight at first, I couldn't do my regular thumb flip open, and some lock stick when closing....which was gone in a couple hours...and within a couple days detent smoothed out and now it's perfect. This is going to be #1 EDC for a long time....all others will be rotated at the backup #2 position, and # 3 EDC is ALWAYS a LBHB on keychain ......,#2 has been the Mantra or the Positron for months now....maybe I'll have to start carrying 4.
Yeah I gotta go huntin for an available Nirvana asap ! I keep seeing reviews or pictures of it and it makes me want it more !!! I bet you're enjoying the **** out of it ! Yeah I always carry either 3 or 4 blades at all times ... Most are Spyderco but I got a couple CRK's I throw in rotation ... The Nirvana is the one I'm really waiting for , I just love that pattern a lot !!! And the fact that I've never had an integral before ! Hopefully I can get my hands on one very soon !
:spyder: "A lazy man carries a dull knife" :spyder:
:spyder: "If you're not carrying a knife, you may as well be wearing a skirt!" :spyder:
BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:I hear you knifejunky, still waiting on my KW's pre-order, been tempted to cancel too but got in early at under $400, its actually almost been a blessing with all these other great sprints and exclusives dropping and not getting charged for the Nirvana yet. I will admit though, I'm very eager to get my hands on a Nirvana. I talked to KW's last week and they said I just missed getting mine in the first batch and am next in line when they get their next so hopefully it will be soon.
Hey Dan, I saw you posted you finally got your shipping notice, was wondering if it's made its grand appearance yet, gonna be hard to get that K2 into the rotation, the Nirvana does not like to sit at home.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

BTG wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:I hear you knifejunky, still waiting on my KW's pre-order, been tempted to cancel too but got in early at under $400, its actually almost been a blessing with all these other great sprints and exclusives dropping and not getting charged for the Nirvana yet. I will admit though, I'm very eager to get my hands on a Nirvana. I talked to KW's last week and they said I just missed getting mine in the first batch and am next in line when they get their next so hopefully it will be soon.
Hey Dan, I saw you posted you finally got your shipping notice, was wondering if it's made its grand appearance yet, gonna be hard to get that K2 into the rotation, the Nirvana does not like to sit at home.
Ha, funny you should mention it, it landed here a few days ago (longest pre-order, 13 months) and you are correct, the Nirvana demands pocket time, its riding in my RRP right now with my SB Delica RFP. The Nirvana is a pure work of art, the finest :spyder: I own. Luckily mine came with very little lock stick and is gone now after only a day of opening and closing, I was really worried after hearing so many reports of issues. I did succumb to peer pressure though and grabbed a K2, hoping my luck holds out and no lock stick on that one, its sitting at my mail box right now, can't wait to get off work. :)

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:
BTG wrote:
Ha, funny you should mention it, it landed here a few days ago (longest pre-order, 13 months) and you are correct, the Nirvana demands pocket time, its riding in my RRP right now with my SB Delica RFP. The Nirvana is a pure work of art, the finest :spyder: I own. Luckily mine came with very little lock stick and is gone now after only a day of opening and closing, I was really worried after hearing so many reports of issues. I did succumb to peer pressure though and grabbed a K2, hoping my luck holds out and no lock stick on that one, its sitting at my mail box right now, can't wait to get off work. :)

Yep, me too on the K2, and after putting the Chubby in my cart like ten times and then not going through with it, I finally pulled he trigger last night, price just too good, especially if their going to be disco'd.......battle station and friction folder calling now.....but I'd better not...