Manix titanium ball bearing cage

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
freebird610

Re: Manix titanium ball bearing cage

Post by freebird610 »

Ok so I just heard back from the guy. My price estimate was spot on. Price is 25$ shipped via western union. 45$ shipped via paypal. He has to pay a lot extra for paypal for some reason. That's why the paypal is higher. He tried to explain but I wasn't getting what he said due to the language barrier. 25$ I think is a heck of a deal. He is finishing up the design in the next few days so he should be able to start pumping these things out in a week or so. I will get you guys his email, name and paypal address so yall can order when he is ready.
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

[quote="jylong_away"]Totally in. How're the other manix mods going?[/quote

Found a standoff that I think will work. Gonna find out for sure tomorrow. Or at this hour today now I guess.
jylong_away

Post by jylong_away »

freebird610 wrote:
jylong_away wrote:Totally in. How're the other manix mods going?[/quote

Found a standoff that I think will work. Gonna find out for sure tomorrow. Or at this hour today now I guess.
Nice. Can I ask which standoff you went with? Have another untouched M2 that I might tinker with eventually. I also did see a post on another forum about someone using the chain ring bolts to completely replace the lanyard tube.
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

jylong_away wrote:
freebird610 wrote:
jylong_away wrote:Totally in. How're the other manix mods going?[/quote

Nice. Can I ask which standoff you went with? Have another untouched M2 that I might tinker with eventually. I also did see a post on another forum about someone using the chain ring bolts to completely replace the lanyard tube.
They have some .165 length ones on a site called ticonnector.com. I'm going to sand it down a little and try to make it fit. Do you know what size chain ring bolt they were using. I think I saw that thread on BF?
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Boar-gen wrote:This is one of my favorite locks, so I am in! Probably start with 1 first to check the fit and finish. If it's really good, then I potentially need more...

Boar-gen
Same for me, at least one and likely more, especially if we're talking $25-ish.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

I'm in.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

25 vs 45? Just for different payment methods?

I'd say I'm in for one to try, but honestly when I think about it, I've had no issue with any of mine in factory configuration, even some M2's I've had for nearly a decade...
Going back to Caly.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

at that price, ill try Western Union for a pair, or at least one via Paypal.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Boar-gen

Post by Boar-gen »

freebird610 wrote:Ok so I just heard back from the guy. My price estimate was spot on. Price is 25$ shipped via western union. 45$ shipped via paypal. He has to pay a lot extra for paypal for some reason. That's why the paypal is higher. He tried to explain but I wasn't getting what he said due to the language barrier. 25$ I think is a heck of a deal. He is finishing up the design in the next few days so he should be able to start pumping these things out in a week or so. I will get you guys his email, name and paypal address so yall can order when he is ready.
Makes no sense... Anyway, since I am using PayPal and the price is $45 compare to $25- I am out and no longer interested.

Boar-gen
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Any progress toward delivery of the Ti Manix lock cages?

I for one am still interested in this mod!
-David

PocketZen

Post by PocketZen »

Boar-gen wrote:This is one of my favorite locks, so I am in! Probably start with 1 first to check the fit and finish. If it's really good, then I potentially need more...

Boar-gen
+1 favorite lock, +1 in for one to evaluate
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

I had an email exchange with the OP and he said the sample he received did not pass muster. He said he is not pursuing due to lack of quality
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

rybu0305 wrote:I had an email exchange with the OP and he said the sample he received did not pass muster. He said he is not pursuing due to lack of quality

Well, that sucks.....thank you for trying!
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

I'm interested in the titanium ball bearing cage.
Darth_cholo

Post by Darth_cholo »

Was this ever produced?
Edit. Sorry saw the end if thread. Disregard
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

At that price range, I'd be in for a couple.
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

I'd be interested!
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Just as an FYI: Flytanium heard our plea and now has Ti, brass and copper Manix 2 ball cages available!

I have a Ti cage on order (sadly, it's blue as they don't have natural finish available now, despite the only image being the naked Ti) and as soon as it's installed in my CruWear/CF Manix, I'll report back on the details.
-David

PStone

Post by PStone »

awa54 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Just as an FYI: Flytanium heard our plea and now has Ti, brass and copper Manix 2 ball cages available!

I have a Ti cage on order (sadly, it's blue as they don't have natural finish available now, despite the only image being the naked Ti) and as soon as it's installed in my CruWear/CF Manix, I'll report back on the details.
Please do post your thoughts after you get it installed. I’m looking at the Ti one as well. Curious if it will be as easy to grip as the stock ones. And if it slides within the cutout as easily too.
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I got mine in and they feel really good. They definitely have more aggressive jimping. They are also a little gritty. I hope it goes away with use. Image