Looks like the Chinook 4 bouta drop

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Looks like the Chinook 4 bouta drop

Post by vivi »

eta?
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

No problem. :cool: Again, my recollection was for the targeted release by years' end -- straight from the SFO crew. If not, then by early next year. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SB / BRUCE
tripscheck'em

Post by tripscheck'em »

twinboysdad wrote:Chinook 4...holy wow

http://knifenewsroom.com/2016/06/video- ... chinook-4/
the flat-grind kills it for me. Why does the Chinook need the utility of a flat-grind? That's for user knives. The Chinook was never meant to be a "user," it is a looker and potentially a killer, and in fighting you want lateral strength.
vivi

Post by vivi »

tripscheck'em wrote:

the flat-grind kills it for me. Why does the Chinook need the utility of a flat-grind? That's for user knives. The Chinook was never meant to be a "user," it is a looker and potentially a killer, and in fighting you want lateral strength.

Plenty of people use their "fighting knives." Go look at the photo section of this forum and search Yojimbo.

Besides, if you employ a knife in self defense, do you really think the bit ofbextra steel is going to be the difference between success and failure? You trying to pry apart skulls and rib cages or something?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

tripscheck'em wrote:

I agree with you. I looks more sanitized with every rendition
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm not really familiar with chinook series, but I just watched that video, looks like a very useful knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

By my crazy, baseless calculations (i.e. looking through the calendar and supplement), from Japan we are also still waiting on the Police 4, ATR 2, Caly 3 HAP40, Opus, and maybe a kitchen knife or two. Last I remember, the Police 4's were waiting to go through QC, and I thought the ATR 2's were not far behind. Where the Chinook 4 is in all this, who knows?

I know I haven't helped, but its a fun game, no?
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

KingRat wrote:By my crazy, baseless calculations (i.e. looking through the calendar and supplement), from Japan we are also still waiting on the Police 4, ATR 2, Caly 3 HAP40, Opus, and maybe a kitchen knife or two. Last I remember, the Police 4's were waiting to go through QC, and I thought the ATR 2's were not far behind. Where the Chinook 4 is in all this, who knows?

I've been going over & over in my head about the C4 delivery just like you Rat, hoping nothing is wrong with the Powerlock :eek: I have to laugh at myself about how excited I get about the new C4 and when it will be in the rightful owners hands! (me) :p This must be Sal trying to teach me patience :D
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Chinook3 wrote:
KingRat wrote:By my crazy, baseless calculations (i.e. looking through the calendar and supplement), from Japan we are also still waiting on the Police 4, ATR 2, Caly 3 HAP40, Opus, and maybe a kitchen knife or two. Last I remember, the Police 4's were waiting to go through QC, and I thought the ATR 2's were not far behind. Where the Chinook 4 is in all this, who knows?

I've been going over & over in my head about the C4 delivery just like you Rat, hoping nothing is wrong with the Powerlock :eek: I have to laugh at myself about how excited I get about the new C4 and when it will be in the rightful owners hands! (me) :p This must be Sal trying to teach me patience :D
It is pretty funny, and a little silly once we stop to think about it. In the end, it is definitely on the way. If there was something really wrong, I'm sure Sal or someone else from Spyderco would have posted here, just like they have for the upcoming Rhino. One day soon we'll log on here to read that they have been spotted in the wild.
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Well, the Caly 3 HAP40 has arrived. Different factory I know, but I can't help but notice another made in Japan spydie has made it to market ahead of the almighty Chinook. May the Chinook 4 be the next release!
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

KingRat wrote:Well, the Caly 3 HAP40 has arrived. Different factory I know, but I can't help but notice another made in Japan spydie has made it to market ahead of the almighty Chinook. May the Chinook 4 be the next release!
"We have a large number of new models to come out and we're tying to meter them out so as not to intro too many at one time. Delivery to us is always varied. Our apologies."

sal

Hopefully there in Golden and next in line :confused:
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This year has been absolutely amazing for new releases. Everyone expects perfection when it comes to QC but nobody wants to wait for it. Remember Spyderco are still a small company and this year's new releases are more than likely overwhelming the QC department, not just because there are so many new releases but also because they're new models with potentially new issues to catch. All good things to those who wait.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Chinook3 wrote:
KingRat wrote:Well, the Caly 3 HAP40 has arrived. Different factory I know, but I can't help but notice another made in Japan spydie has made it to market ahead of the almighty Chinook. May the Chinook 4 be the next release!
"We have a large number of new models to come out and we're tying to meter them out so as not to intro too many at one time. Delivery to us is always varied. Our apologies."

sal

Hopefully there in Golden and next in line :confused:
I hope this is the case, and the knives are just waiting to be inspected. I'm sure they would have said something if anything was wrong production wise. It's just hard to judge sometimes when the models are coming out, and subsequently preparing funds for them. Some models, like the Chinook and ATR 2, seem to take forever after public unveiling, while others, like the Manix 2 backlock, suddenly appear at the dealers less than a month after announcement. Oh well, I'm sure it will get here eventually. I'm sure there are many little things going on behind the scenes of which we are not aware.
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Thought I would link this here. Not confirmation, but likely close to dropping.

//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=75785

Let's hope we close out September with our Chinook 4's in hand.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

It dropped!
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

available at BHQ
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Yay. Probably will be a little while for the pre-order to be fulfilled, but we made it here anyways.

Looks like the Police 4 is out as well.
vivi

Post by vivi »

mrtodd777 wrote:available at BHQ
Sold out almost immediately.

Probably gonna snag one as a present from "Santa" in a few months ;)
:unicorn
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Got one! I was told by several dealers that their initial premier orders are being filled and they have no idea when it will be fully released. One dealer only got 5
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

one fewer, but still available at KW