First ever for me Spyderco coming in the mail

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Marty_E

First ever for me Spyderco coming in the mail

Post by Marty_E »

Hi All, New member here. This past Sunday I placed my very first order for a Spyderco. A Delica 4. I did so after handling one at a small nic nac shop. I was impressed with it solid feel and fit and finish. It felt substantial. Not heavy, but built to last. I can't wait until it arrives.
farnorthdan

Re: First ever for me Spyderco coming in the mail

Post by farnorthdan »

welcome to the forum Marty, great choice on your first spyderco, I'm sure you will enjoy it and look forward to maybe a pic or two. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Marty_E wrote:Hi All, New member here. This past Sunday I placed my very first order for a Spyderco. A Delica 4. I did so after handling one at a small nic nac shop. I was impressed with it solid feel and fit and finish. It felt substantial. Not heavy, but built to last. I can't wait until it arrives.
Welcome to the forum can't wait for you to post pics of your new knife when you get it :) Delica 4 is a great choice!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Marty_E

Post by Marty_E »

Thanks for the welcome. I'm really looking forward to having it in hand. I will definetly post a pic to the forum when it arrives.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hey Marty,

Welcome aboard. :) The Delica4 is a great choice indeed! You will likely fall in love with this knife. It's a great design. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Marty,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Hi Marty,

welcome in the amazing world of Spyderco-knives. Your first experience sounds a lot like mine some 20 years ago. I bought my first Spyderco model 'pro grip' when I remember correctly. I wish you lots of fun with all the Spydies that will pass your hands in the future. Beware of cutting yourself.....this Delica won't be your last, believe me.
One thing we have in common. Your 'can't wait for the Delica' is the same as my 'can't wait for the Advocate'. Every new ordered knife is exiting.....enjoy!

cheers to where you come from,
Tomas
Marty_E

Post by Marty_E »

Thanks Michael and Sal. :)

Sal as in Sal Glesser?

Michael given the :D in your post am I to take from it that you designed or were involved in the design of this knife?
Marty_E

Post by Marty_E »

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the welcome. I agree, the anticipation is like a kid the night before Christmas.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Marty_E wrote:Thanks Michael and Sal. :)

Sal as in Sal Glesser?

Michael given the :D in your post am I to take from it that you designed or were involved in the design of this knife?
Hi Marty,

Sorry for the confusion with my smiley face. :o The Delica is actually one of Sal's many well-known masterpieces. I'll never be able to design knives as well as The Man himself. :)

Sal is indeed Mr. Sal Glesser. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Marty_E

Post by Marty_E »

Michael the confusion is all mine. :o
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Welcome to the forum Marty! Youll find that Spyderco knives are like Taquitos. One is never enough to be satisfying :D Enjoy your new blade! -Jake-
Marty_E

Post by Marty_E »

Knivesinedc wrote:Welcome to the forum Marty! Youll find that Spyderco knives are like Taquitos. One is never enough to be satisfying :D Enjoy your new blade! -Jake-
This is what my wife fears. :D
10just

Post by 10just »

Marty_E wrote:Hi All, New member here. This past Sunday I placed my very first order for a Spyderco. A Delica 4. I did so after handling one at a small nic nac shop. I was impressed with it solid feel and fit and finish. It felt substantial. Not heavy, but built to last. I can't wait until it arrives.
Delica for the win. What color you get?
Sully

Post by Sully »

Welcome, Marty. The Delica was my first Spydie too. It's a timeless classic. No doubt it will serve you well.
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Very cool and very good choice of a knife. Welcome to the forum, Marty! :)
paladin

Post by paladin »

And so it begins.... :spyder:

Welcome Marty, lots of knowledge here and it's all FREE <unless you compute the time you're online at an hourly rate of lost productivity/wages> ;) :p
npad69

Post by npad69 »

congrats. my very first too and what got me hooked in the first place :D
mine's ffg vg10 gray-frn

now i have the resilience, pacific salt and stretch.. so far the delica 4 has the most comfortable fit in my hand.
Marty_E

Post by Marty_E »

With so many having the Delica as their first Spyderco it nice to know I made a great choice.

What captured my interest in Spyderco is the unique look and style. Since I primarily have what I would call traditional style knives, I wanted to go a little different and went with the orange handle for the Delica. Not sure if that was the right choice for an EDC, but I don't care I like that it's different from the neutral colors my other knives have.
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

Congrats on your FIRST Spyderco. It certainly won't be the last.

I predict a Paramilitary 2 and possibly a Manix 2 n your near future. Both are amazing knives. My PM2 is currently in my pocket as I type this.