Mid-Year Product Guide Released

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Re: Mid-Year Product Guide Released

Post by SpyderNut »

Just received my 2016 Mid-Year Product Guide today. Wow! I am honestly blown away. Talk about a cool layout! I love how each knife has its own page and is shown to actual scale. Also, the reverse side of each page provides specifications on each design. Well done, Spyderco Crew! :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:Just received my 2016 Mid-Year Product Guide today. Wow! I am honestly blown away. Talk about a cool layout! I love how each knife has its own page and is shown to actual scale. Also, the reverse side of each page provides specifications on each design. Well done, Spyderco Crew! :)
Ha, got mine in the mail too, pretty slick how its to size, I'm still really stoked about the Euro edge.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Got mine today as well, love the layout, really does a good job showing off the knives.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I received my supplement today, and I am really impressed by it. I hope Spyderco continues to use this format. It is very helpful for providing a better sense of the size/proportions of the knives, and makes it easy to reference and compare different pieces. My wife was very impressed by its appearance, as well.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Well.. I got mine today!! The fan deck idea is kool but mine was destroyed in the envelope along with the envelope sealed in a PO bag!! Darn!! :mad: John !!
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I just received mine today too! I'm thinking the Advocate might be really hard for me to resist. It's way out of my normal price range but....

Getting even more excited about the Rhino!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
BTG

Post by BTG »

SpyderNut wrote:Talk about a cool layout! I love how each knife has its own page and is shown to actual scale. :)

Except the SUSTAIN....page isn't long enough....can't wait for that one....I think the sheath looks hella cool too.
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Hi All,

We are committed to doing our best to make the knives life-sized in Spyderco catalogs. Sometimes that can be a bit of a challenge :D . We have some pretty large knives and would like to keep the page count smaller than a mid-sized town's phone book (if those even exist any longer). Thanks for the input!

Joyce
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Joyce,

We still get phone books here in Raleigh. :)

They send out a big and small one.

Jim
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

For whatever reason, Spyderco catalogs always come with damaged packaging. It's odd because none of my other mail does. This one arrived perfectly, but I had had issues with every full catalog I've received. Maybe it's a Colorado issue?

Either way, all of the catalogs are really well done. Actual sized photos do a lot of good for those of us who can't view these knives in person.
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

I received my Mid-Year Guide today. I have to say, I don’t think I have ever seen catalogs put together as well as Spyderco’s. The 2016/40th anniversary one was beautiful and this format for the Mid-Year works really well. Nice and compact and retains the scale photos. I think we need to coin the phrase, “little big catalog”. :D Now to decide on what to buy…