How do you store your knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZesT

How do you store your knives?

Post by ZesT »

It seems everybody does it a little different, I love seeing what people come up with! I personally just have them displayed on my bookshelf, but I suspect you guys have more elegant solutions, so show off your knife storage!
"I can stop at any time."
JAfromMN

Re: How do you store your knives?

Post by JAfromMN »

Mostly in there boxes in my safe
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Sharing this from a previous thread... Really like having this display/storage box. It has probably saved me more money than any other purchase I've ever made. With my knives now so easily accessible I'm more likely to carry and use the ones that I have rather than purchase another and then store it, then forget about it, and then buy another.

Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Bill's cases 12 packs for folders. My fixed blades are stacked on shelves.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

My current is this plastic tackle box for my EDC knives. These come in different sizes from different manufacturers, the bigger ones can hold a lot of knives. I use thin pieces of packing foam to separate 2 knives in each compartment.

I just got an Adeptus cart to put some of my guy gear in. I can put knives in a couple of drawers, flashlights in a couple of drawers, etc. It makes it easier for me to find my stuff.

BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

I have mine stored in a small 50lb safe. I've been too lazy to bolt to wall so it's just on the floor. I don't like keeping them in one place. I took a dozen more expensive ones and left at my sisters in a small lock box.
I'm about 200 yards from salt water creek that goes into Boston harbor. I keep Rem oil on all the blades. After reading someone's post, I'm going to go thru them all and put a light coat of oil on liners etc. I don't plan to use them on food. I've had good luck with Rem oil after trying a couple others.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

swigert

Post by swigert »

In their boxes in a shoe box. I never let the box get.too full. That's how I know when to thin the herd.
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

Like TP in the bathroom, my Spyderco knives are stored close to where the action happens -- inside the first aid kit.

All kidding aside, I have a Sentry Safe pistol cabinet that is filled with my boxed knives along with one of those Remington branded plug-in rechargeable dessicant bricks and a band-aid.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Arranged on the mantelpiece in my bedroom. I keep all of the boxes/paperwork stored in the closet.

I'm running out of space on the mantel, so I might invest in some more official storage method.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Elegant? More like lol! I went the tackle box route as well. I use that foamy, grippy sheet stuff that comes in a roll. You know the stuff, you can line drawers and cabinets with it, keeps things from sliding and gives a bit of cushion. I use that to line the compartments and to separate knives in the same compartment, because it's beginning to get crowded in there! Not a ton of organization, just basically things go where they fit best. There are a few non-Spyderco knives in there too, so it's a very integrated box. Includes just about all of them except fixed blades and the Ladybug on my key chain. :)

Guess I gotta cut a piece for the Dragonfly. It's the only one making any noise. :rolleyes:
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

Wow Vais, I'm jealous. :mad: Congrats on that collection though :)
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Malfeasant wrote:Wow Vais, I'm jealous. :mad: Congrats on that collection though :)
Thank you.

Some days I'm embarrassed by the gluttony of it. I have been much more under control of late.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Never seen those acrylic drawers, pretty cool and futuristic looking.

I store mine in a pelican 1300 case. I cut out the foam so they drop in vertically. It's a bit of a pain each time I need to make room for a new one, but it's nice knowing all my stored knives can be shut in the case and dropped off a building without damage.

There are about 5 delicas around the house and office that don't have a place in the case...
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

I keep mine on a box designed for charging electronics along with most of my EDC. I did just purchase a SpyderPac that's in the mail, but that's more for transportation than storage right now. More knives though, and we'll see..

Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I have one small curio cabinet that I use for my Kiwis and Kopas...
...and 2 large curio cabinets that house most of the rest of my Spyderco collection...
...plus a wooden knife block full of Spyderco Kitchen Sharps in my kitchen.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

Mine are stashed in solitary at any location that could be of some use, wherever I'm at (around the house).
In my truck, my wife's car, the kitchen, the utility closet, a few on my office desk, my tackle box, tool box, camping/hiking pack, the shed, even one under my mattress on the edge on my side. The rest are in a cabinet of my chest of drawers. Then of course my edc in my pocket. Probably forgetting a couple spots. .
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?