My very own knife company

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VashHash

Re: My very own knife company

Post by VashHash »

So when are you going to start your knife company? I'd like to try some of your products.
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Curious as to the color of the sky in the world in which this "very own knife company" could exist. :confused:
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Miss Dragonfly wrote:Curious as to the color of the sky in the world in which this "very own knife company" could exist. :confused:
Toxic green :rolleyes:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

elena86 wrote:
Miss Dragonfly wrote:Curious as to the color of the sky in the world in which this "very own knife company" could exist. :confused:
Toxic green :rolleyes:
damnit, I actually tried to come up with a funny color and blanked.
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

VashHash wrote:So when are you going to start your knife company? I'd like to try some of your products.
Oh, the factory should be up and running sometime 2019/2020.
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

Seriously, too bad you had problems with your knife and it came back less then perfect. Stuff happens. You may have to send it in a second time. Go thru the proper channels not the forum. I'd call warranty and repair and send it back. Better then attacking/blindsiding the owner with your problem on the forum. He doesn't know what the **** your talking about. 'My very own knife company' is the thread heading. Warranty and repair would be the place to contact.
I'm new on here. I figured out that many of the forum members are so loyal to Spyderco only because of their positive experiences. They have been buying knives from Spyderco for years and have obviously been happy. There's no other reason. Good Luck
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

greatscott

Post by greatscott »

"American Eagle" is also the business name of a very large web development company.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This thread..these comments...

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mikael Andersson

BostonTom wrote:Seriously, too bad you had problems with your knife and it came back less then perfect. Stuff happens. You may have to send it in a second time. Go thru the proper channels not the forum. I'd call warranty and repair and send it back. Better then attacking/blindsiding the owner with your problem on the forum. He doesn't know what the **** your talking about. 'My very own knife company' is the thread heading. Warranty and repair would be the place to contact.
I'm new on here. I figured out that many of the forum members are so loyal to Spyderco only because of their positive experiences. They have been buying knives from Spyderco for years and have obviously been happy. There's no other reason. Good Luck
I'm not having any problems with a knife... in fact I don't even get the **** knife even though I paid for it back in March.
Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

Are you going to offer gold, blue, or other fancy handle colors for any of your models? If not, your company should make something more like the leek and otherwise is a sham. Look forward to your innovative designs.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Comedy continues....
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Mikael Andersson

Trevitrace wrote:Are you going to offer gold, blue, or other fancy handle colors for any of your models? If not, your company should make something more like the leek and otherwise is a sham. Look forward to your innovative designs.
I hear that the patent for the axis lock will expire on the 12th of July so there will be some interesting designs based on that and yes every version that the Kershaw Leek has been in I will do with my knives at some point in time.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Mikael, 1 will you attempt or would you attempt to negotiate with the Japanese at Myodo Metals to get permission to have some knives made with H1 stainless steel, and also would you attempt to make knives with VG10, or would you keep away from those?

2 Would you attempt to produce knives for specific niches and categories of use, such as knives for divers, knives for military personell, knives for everyday carry, that kind of thing, or, just basic designs and let those persons pick what best suits them for their chosen category of use?

3 Would you be open to new designs from both experienced and amateur knife collectors and users or would you pretty much keep it set to your own designs?

Just wondering.
Mikael Andersson

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Mikael, 1 will you attempt or would you attempt to negotiate with the Japanese at Myodo Metals to get permission to have some knives made with H1 stainless steel, and also would you attempt to make knives with VG10, or would you keep away from those?

2 Would you attempt to produce knives for specific niches and categories of use, such as knives for divers, knives for military personell, knives for everyday carry, that kind of thing, or, just basic designs and let those persons pick what best suits them for their chosen category of use?

3 Would you be open to new designs from both experienced and amateur knife collectors and users or would you pretty much keep it set to your own designs?

Just wondering.
1. I really don't know on part of the H-1 and I think that I prefer 154CM/CPM-154 over VG-10.

2. Yes on the specific niches and categories.

3. Yes I would be open to new designs from anyone.

The steels that I'm interested in for knife making are: 14C28N, 154CM/CPM-154, S35VN, M390/204P and S110V.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

If you could work with Spyderco to redesign one of their popular designs, which would it be, and what new features would you have added to it or changed?
Mikael Andersson

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:If you could work with Spyderco to redesign one of their popular designs, which would it be, and what new features would you have added to it or changed?
I would add the axis lock to the Para-Military 2 and they can since the patent on the axis lock will expire on the 12th or 13th of July.
palonej

Post by palonej »

The Ban Hammer of Thor shall smite thee...........oh please please please???
Keep it up Misssss Anderssssssson.......there are a couple of more knife forums to crap in and get banned from. Go for it.......tool.
Signing off......gotta take a Leek. Leek??? Wish Spydie would make a knife as good as that....with a pink blade!! Now that would be cool!!
Ugh
Joe
Mikael Andersson

palonej wrote:The Ban Hammer of Thor shall smite thee...........oh please please please???
Keep it up Misssss Anderssssssson.......there are a couple of more knife forums to crap in and get banned from. Go for it.......tool.
Signing off......gotta take a Leek. Leek??? Wish Spydie would make a knife as good as that....with a pink blade!! Now that would be cool!!
Ugh
Joe
Are you a forty year old teenager?!
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

This is one of the oddest threads I have ever read. I just wanted to get a post in for histories sake. An "I was there" sort of thing. I am glad I got in before the lock. :D