my coworker had success with Amazon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdblue

my coworker had success with Amazon

Post by bdblue »

My coworker wanted to buy a knife for his brother who lives in another state. I told him he needed to find out the legal restrictions where his brother lives, I helped him download catalogs for Spyderco and 2 other companies I won't mention, and I strongly suggested he buy from Knifeworks or my friend who has his own small company on the net. After a few days my friend told me he had selected the Paramilitary 2 and ordered one. I asked where he ordered from and he said Amazon because it was a few dollars cheaper. I told him to bring it to work when he got it so we could check it out and I took my pair of PM2s and a magnifier to work for comparison. After studying the new PM2 it appeared to be 100% real. And for the record I would have suggested that he not buy from Amazon if he had told me about it first.
SpyderNut

Re: my coworker had success with Amazon

Post by SpyderNut »

Glad it worked out well on the purchase, bdblue. I've had a few friends purchase Spydercos from Amazon and they never had any issues. My only concern with Amazon in general is the added shipping and tax on certain items. (I'm stubborn and refuse to use Prime). Anyway, glad it worked out!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
camporama

Post by camporama »

It also worked out for me. My first spyderco purchase was from the river store. Just be sure to buy from Amazon, not a seller.
remnar

Post by remnar »

I've purchased a few Spydercos from A-zon without any problems.
Holzfaeller

Post by Holzfaeller »

For me the ratio of risk and benefit when buying from Amazon isn't worth it. Rather than seek a savings of only a few percent, I continue to use the same dealer that I have for over twenty years.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I never heard about Amazon selling fakes.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

I've had great success buying from Amazon, certain sellers are absolutely great to deal with. However, I did receive a used/damaged item from a certain seller, but I believe someone pulled the old switcheroo on them.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Amazons return policy makes it virtually risk free. The only fake I've received was from Ebay, but that was a Fallkniven.
Donut

Post by Donut »

bh49 wrote:I never heard about Amazon selling fakes.
Amazon as a seller is pretty reliable.

The fact that there are thousands of companies selling with Amazon as their storefront, it makes it tough for all the good deals to be 100% reliable. =\
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:
bh49 wrote:I never heard about Amazon selling fakes.
Amazon as a seller is pretty reliable.

The fact that there are thousands of companies selling with Amazon as their storefront, it makes it tough for all the good deals to be 100% reliable. =\
true. I love Amazon and buying from them all the time. Just yesterday I received a new belt for my tractor. Last week it was my favorite tea. But somehow even with Amazon prices, which is about OK I bought only couple Spydercos from them.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

Yeah, I got my PM2 and Manix 2 LW from them with no issues of any kind. They're pretty reliable, so long as you get the items labeled "sold by Amazon".
BTG

Post by BTG »

I've bought quite a few through Amazon, not so much anymore..I got a fake Civilian..and a Native with no clip, but they've always made it right, refunded the civilian and exchanged the Native...so it's really just up to the buyer to check it out, make sure it's what it's supposed to be...but as the fakes get harder to detect I just feel better with KC, KW,& Cutlery shoppe.
ranchboy

Post by ranchboy »

Waste of a post!

I've ordered hundreds of Spyderco's from Amazon! Never an issue! Lol
aka spyderboy
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

ranchboy wrote:Waste of a post!

I've ordered hundreds of Spyderco's from Amazon! Never an issue! Lol
Can I borrow 20 or 30? I'll send you a list, but please weed out the fakes first.
harronek

Post by harronek »

A friend Gary Graley over on another forum just posted up that he just purchased an Opinel from them .
Problem was that there was no Opinel inside the box when it arrived all sealed up .
They have sorted the problem , so that's some good news .

Ken
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

abbazaba wrote:Amazons return policy makes it virtually risk free. The only fake I've received was from Ebay, but that was a Fallkniven.
Yes. The risk is that you don't realize it's a fake and keep it.
average-Joe

Post by average-Joe »

Just buy from a known dealer on Amazon if your ever concerned. I've had so few issues with amazon, and no knife issues ever. The few problems I ever had there they take stuff back incredibly Ez. Their returns are EZ and very buyer friendly. I've sold on Amazon and trust me they are heavy handed to sellers. I was forced to give a lady back money on a total scam she pulled. The behind the Amazon seems is pretty heavy handed like I said.