204p Military Update!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KnickKnackCity

Re: 204p Military Update!

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Pre-order secured. Using this knife to kill two birds with one slice: First Military and first foray into the 204P. Very excited for both :D
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

I think like a few others here I will sit this one out. I have the pm2 in this configuration but am just not feeling like I have to have this version. And at the price point it feels a little spendy given some of the other new models coming this year that seem like must have items.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

ohcyclist wrote:I think like a few others here I will sit this one out. I have the pm2 in this configuration but am just not feeling like I have to have this version. And at the price point it feels a little spendy given some of the other new models coming this year that seem like must have items.
I agree 100%, I'm also not likely to pick one up. I've been slowly selling off my 15+ Millies over the last year, especially those whose steels are covered in the PM2 platform. The 204P PM2 is my favorite, and the high price tag for the Military version is a bit tough to swallow especially when trying to save for the other big one being released (supposedly) this month - the Nirvana. It will be interesting to see how quickly this exclusive sells out.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Just got an email from KW saying they expect these June 1st!

Dibs and stuff.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

**** it!! I'm waiting on the 52100 and the S110V….now this? Ugh…I can't get all three!! I should probably dump the S110V seeing how it's not a Sprint Run and get the 52100 and the 204p. KC is going to kill me for changing my order again!
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

DrtyHarry wrote:**** it!! I'm waiting on the 52100 and the S110V….now this? Ugh…I can't get all three!! I should probably dump the S110V seeing how it's not a Sprint Run and get the 52100 and the 204p. KC is going to kill me for changing my order again!
They only have themselves to blame.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Lol...no one ever said being a :spyder: Afi was going to be easy. I've come to terms with the realization that I'll probably never have any spare money again.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Well…I really only collect Millies and PM2s. Otherwise I collect Moon, Shiro, Bastinelli, and Brend knives. Millies are some of my all time favorite knives. If I don't have one of my Brend Marauders on me, I have a Millie. And my PM2 is my back up ALL the time. I really fell in love with the S110V PM2…I think it's my favorite steel thus far. Can't wait to see how the 52100 works. I was expecting the 52100 or the S110V to come out before this one….Crusible has steel ready to go in a heart beat. Maybe that's why we are seeing this first. I don't know….but this sure threw a monkey wrench in what I want to get now. But Green G10?? I dono…decisions decisions.
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
2011BLDR

Post by 2011BLDR »

I am in for 2, I carry one of my Military sprints/ exclusives every day.

BG-42 /CF
S90V / CF
M4 / Ti & G10
CTS-XHP / Brown G10
M390 / CF
S90V / Blue G10
CRUWEAR / Gray G10 (3)

I had the D2 / FG G10 sprint until I lost it to a manufacturing defect on a trip back to Spyderco. They found crack in the lock bar, lucky timing as the CRUWEAR / Gray G10 was at the tail end of release and they credited me one of them as a replacement to the D2. I had never seen the need to have a spare for any of my Military sprints/ exclusives until then. I had a pre-order in on the CRUWEAR / Gray G10 @ two dealers when the first one came in and I saw how much I liked the steel I let the second one ship instead of canceling out. The D2 / FG G10 issue came up afterwards and there was no standard inventory knife I felt I would use so I asked for the CRUWEAR, thinking I might be able to trade it for a replacement D2 / FG G10 down the line.

I like the M390 steel a lot so looking forward to having the 204P with a back up. I will probably pass on the S90V / Ti & CF due to the high cost, heavy weight and having 2 other Military’s in S90V.
paladin

Post by paladin »

got my pre-order...now you gotta get yours!

EPIC...especially for those who missed out on Bohler microclean m390...Go Carpenter...Go USA!
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

This is very tempting as I don't own a Millie yet and this would be a good one to start with. My biggest issue is I can't stand the only can carry one way thing about this knife, and the fact that it seems like the curve of the knife would push it into my thigh rather than to the outside if I could flip it tip up. And left side carry is out of the question;just don't like weak side carry.

Hmmm, what to do what to do???.????
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:
DougC-3 wrote: Interesting that they're limiting orders to three.
Usually limit is 2, possibly they realizing that this run will not be sold as fast as paras.
That's what I was thinking too, especially since they're apparently releasing all 1200 in one run, rather than 800 plus a much later run of 400, as with the green 204P para.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

I pre-ordered one 10 minutes after the pre-order went live. I never pulled the trigger on the para and still smack myself for not doing so.

I can't believe all of the posts saying on here that they are passing on this sprint/exclusive. I understand that two more military's are coming out (one of which will be a production piece) but it feels like there are more "I'm passing" than "ordered one" on this thread.

I'm guessing once the pictures in the wild come out and they start shipping some will change their minds. (At least it has done for me in the past.)

Looking forward to this receiving this piece and using it.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Tabo wrote: I'm guessing once the pictures in the wild come out and they start shipping some will change their minds. (At least it has done for me in the past.)
I am not above that one bit. If the there are some left and the numbers at the bank line up just right, I may be persuaded. But for now, I just can't commit. There is only one upcoming knife that supersedes my current conservativism, and it is an exclusive by a different vendor of a slightly different knife. ;)
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

Passing on this one too. I think I will hold out for one of the PM2 sprints.
Don't like the Jade G-10 on the BHQ, but like the price.
Like the CF on the KW, but don't like the price.
Hmm...
Donut

Post by Donut »

It's a little steep, but I'm in.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
kelpie

Post by kelpie »

i'm in, its my first Military, I like the way 204p has run on my Southard. I get the feeling it won't be an every day knife, but if I ever need a "for a week in the middle of nowhere" knife ...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Fallen wrote:
Hmm...
+1
I am with you brother on this :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:
Fallen wrote:
Hmm...
+1
I am with you brother on this :)
Try it, you'll like it ;) :D

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DougC-3 wrote:
Try it, you'll like it ;) :D

I bought one foliage green knife and put for sale on BF on the next day. This color looks like foliage gren to me :(
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian