Favorite Big Spyder Folder?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: Favorite Big Spyder Folder?

Post by JD Spydo »

Igi964 wrote:I must say Millie
I don't carry it personaly anymore, but is a **** of a knife. If you want big folder and still light enough to EDC, this is it.
I'm starting to believe that the C-36 Military model will end up being the winner overall. And I guess it stands to reason because for The MILITARY model to be in the main line up since 1996 speaks for itself.

I love the fact that Spyderco has elected to use the MILITARY model to introduce many of the newer/better blade steels. Actually I couldn't off hand think of a better model for them to do that with. Yeah the fixed blade Mule Team is great for that purpose but I couldn't think of a better folder for them to use.

I'm just hoping that we will see the C-36 Military model in some more exotic and unique handle materials as time goes on. I wish Spyderco would eventually make a belt type sheath as an option to buy for the Military model similar to what BUCK did for their model 110. And maybe one with a compartment for a "Doublestuff" sharpening stone.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Military and Police for me! Any version of those two are among my favorite Spyderco knives.

The Pattada is a new addition, and is a more dressed up knife with a roughly 4" blade.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

This thread needs more pictures!

Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Military !
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

More photos are always a good thing, right?

Here is a family photo of my larger Spydercos.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Out of all that I have tried I like the Military best of all. It fits my big mitt and cuts extremely well.

(It could be perfect if it had a mid back lock :) )
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ejames13 wrote:This thread needs more pictures!
OK, if you say so ;) :D

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

My Military in CPM CRUWEAR!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

glbpro wrote:My Military in CPM CRUWEAR!
Yessss! Now I don't have many other big folders, but I think that combines with my love of the Military to give credence to its greatness. I'm not a big folder guy, but my Cruwear Military is arguably my favorite knife I own.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

DougC-3 wrote:
ejames13 wrote:This thread needs more pictures!
OK, if you say so ;) :D
Now that's what I'm talkin about!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

glbpro wrote:My Military in CPM CRUWEAR!
Haven't owned one of those yet but I might just have to try one out. The current two Military models I love are the M390 and XHP Sprint versions and I dearly love both of them. Right now I've got my sights set on the Green handled 204P Sprint Run if I can get the coins quick enough.

Now If I ever get my hands on another Spyderedged version of the C-36 Military I will be very content and would be grateful to get another 440V SE version. The 440V blade steel does make a great Spyderedged blade. But I am to the point to where I only want premium Sprint runs of the PE versions of the C-36 Military.

I know, I know I'm getting extremely picky in my old age :rolleyes: :D I never owned one of the BG-42 versions of the C-36 Military but I got a friend who does and still swears about how good that one performs. The Military is available in so many different blade steels it's just hard for me not to love it. I even hope they make a Sprint Run in CPM-REX or some other high tech, exotic blade steel>> I would even love for them to maybe do a Sprint Run in one of the Sandvik blade steels. The C-36 Military may be the best model to test these new high end steels with like the MULE TEAM in the fixed blade sector.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I got my hands on a Mamba and it is by far the biggest most fun knife I have. Love that thing! However, it's way to uncomfortable for me too big/thick to actually carry. The Military (any variation with a G-10 handle) is practically speaking my absolute favorite big Spyderco folder.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
TheArchitect

Post by TheArchitect »

Lionspy!
25 :spyder:'s and counting
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

My absolute favourite spyderco is the Ti ATR.
the big C54 calypso is pretty nice too, packs a lot of blade into a nice light package (and much more gentlemanly than the military)

I have moved away from regularly carrying a big folder, but if i do need one, its either a Pacific Salt, waved Atlantic salt, or and Endura that i reach for.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mr Blonde wrote:I got my hands on a Mamba and it is by far the biggest most fun knife I have. Love that thing! However, it's way to uncomfortable for me too big/thick to actually carry. The Military (any variation with a G-10 handle) is practically speaking my absolute favorite big Spyderco folder.
I've been checking the new Spyderco "MAMBA" out on some websites and I've got to admit that I do like the overall design and that handle just looks superb. I just wish they would make it in some blade steel other than S30V :( It reminds me of one of those "Scimitar" type knives I used to have years.

It is an awesome looking design I will say that. It seems like the Mamba and K2 models are the newer ones I'm hearing a lot of talk about. That K2 model is really one I've got my eyes on at this time and I'll probably end up getting it.

It is nice to hear so many of you all still like many of the old school models>> the Military in particular just seems timeless in many ways. I'm willing to bet it will be in the main line up ten years from now.