New Custom Spyderco Slipjoint Design

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TargaMonteSS

Re: New Custom Spyderco Slipjoint Design

Post by TargaMonteSS »

Very impressed, great job! I want one no liners right?
araneae

Post by araneae »

Looks like a Jester all grown up, I like it!
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Squawk

Post by Squawk »

Totally love this one - i need more slipjoints! I'd probably take 3 ;-)
Please make this happen!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Nice work!
I would buy one if they ever made production!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Reject

Post by Reject »

The more I look at this knife, the more I study it, Image the more I like it.

I can’t help put compare it to the new SpydieChef. At first I thought of them as competing for the same job. But they are more job specific than that. They are designed for different ends of the food cycle; one for preparation and the other for eating.

Both with the same idea of getting the blade to the food while keeping the hand and handle clear of the work. Both are designed to step in and do the job when the right tools are not available.

The SpydieChef seems more for pull slicing and roll the blade to cut, while Alistair’s seems more directed to slicing with downward pressure.

Both knives would be great to take to a Barbie; especially when the host in all their good intensions supply you with these dam plastic knives. Both would do each others jobs, but maybe not quiet as well I think. The SpydieChef would be the winner for stepping up and giving the cook a hand.

But I think this one would win for spreading the butter on the bread and rolls and cutting them and as a general table knife. I also love how light it is, you would forget it was in the pocket.

ImageThe design would convert to FRN scales very nicely.

Any chance of getting photos of it in hand and in a cutting position on a flat surface?
How much can a Koala bear?
Cubane

Post by Cubane »

Thanks everyone
BTG

Post by BTG »

Very cool, nice looking, love the color...no pics of other side though....wire clip ? Stamped ?....at any rate, I'd wait for a locking version...0 interest in slipjoints......oops I guess there was other side pic...no clip ? Is that by design, or just not established yet on prototype.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Very nice!! Would buy one if sal and co made them
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Cubane

Post by Cubane »

@Reject I'll see if I can get some good photos of it in action next time I use it. You pretty much nailed it with the idea of push cutting with downwards pressure, then using the front half for slicing etc. Talking of it being used at a BBQ. I attended the Blade symposium at Keith's place in Tahmoor. There were some very nice steaks prepared for dinner and served up along with the plastic cutlery. It was hilarious to see a bunch of knifemakers asking if anyone had a knife on them to cut up the steak. I got out the first prototype of this knife and had a lovely steak while most went neanderthal with them :D Was great for spreading butter on the rolls too.

@BTG currently building a new version that has a bit better space for a clip to be included.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Cubane wrote:@Reject I'll see if I can get some good photos of it in action next time I use it. You pretty much nailed it with the idea of push cutting with downwards pressure, then using the front half for slicing etc. Talking of it being used at a BBQ. I attended the Blade symposium at Keith's place in Tahmoor. There were some very nice steaks prepared for dinner and served up along with the plastic cutlery. It was hilarious to see a bunch of knifemakers asking if anyone had a knife on them to cut up the steak. I got out the first prototype of this knife and had a lovely steak while most went neanderthal with them :D Was great for spreading butter on the rolls too.

@BTG currently building a new version that has a bit better space for a clip to be included.

Will your version with a clip use threaded inserts, or just thread into the G10 directly?
Going back to Caly.
Cubane

Post by Cubane »

SpeedHoles wrote:Will your version with a clip use threaded inserts, or just thread into the G10 directly?
It will be set up to accept a wire clip