52100 Military, what are your plans?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: 52100 Military, what are your plans?

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The 52100 Millie image in the SpyderByte doesn't have the 204p KW's improvements :(
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:The 52100 Millie image in the SpyderByte doesn't have the 204p KW's improvements :(
Booooo..... :(
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Oh well. That's a bummer but I'll live. Maybe down the road if those changes become standard production and they're really that much better I'll do a blade swap if possible.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:The 52100 Millie image in the SpyderByte doesn't have the 204p KW's improvements :(
The Millie image in the Byte looks to me almost identical to the 52100 image in the catalog (not an actual photo but maybe a CAD image?), only with the erroneous lamination line removed (apparently the line on the 52100 blade in the catalog was intended for the knife immediately above it -- the CPM154/S90V Manix, which should have a line but lacks it). These pre-production images are often based on prototypes and may differ somewhat from final production... just sayin' :p

And oh yeah, the Byte says "shipping early June." :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm hoping that's the case Doug!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

How is the rust resistance?
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

What rust resistance? Its a carbon steel.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

I have one on preorder at KC. I really hope I get one, it will be my first millie and it will be a pretty good one to start with. I wouldnt say it will be a safe queen but I wont be using it a lot either.
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

gingerninja wrote:I have one on preorder at KC. I really hope I get one, it will be my first millie and it will be a pretty good one to start with. I wouldnt say it will be a safe queen but I wont be using it a lot either.
This is my first preorder for a knife and I'm not exactly sure how this process works. If I preorderd the knife am I guaranteed one? I'm really looking forward to this one as it will be my first millie and first sprint knife, but now I'm worried that I waited too long to preorder. Do they close the preorder once all of them have been sold?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ShaneInDenver wrote:
gingerninja wrote:I have one on preorder at KC. I really hope I get one, it will be my first millie and it will be a pretty good one to start with. I wouldnt say it will be a safe queen but I wont be using it a lot either.
This is my first preorder for a knife and I'm not exactly sure how this process works. If I preorderd the knife am I guaranteed one? I'm really looking forward to this one as it will be my first millie and first sprint knife, but now I'm worried that I waited too long to preorder. Do they close the preorder once all of them have been sold?
There have been problems with this in the past but KW said they now monitor the pre-orders close enough that they'll stop taking orders when they're all accounted for. I have my doubts that this works as well as it sounds so I try to get in as early as possible. Mistakes can always happen.
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

This will be one heck of a military sprint...
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

ShaneInDenver wrote:
Welcome to the forum Shane, the last couple pre-orders I've had with KC have been fulfilled. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

Thanks for the welcome and encouraging words! I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time and wouldn't have known about this knife otherwise. You guys have a great community here and I look forward to contributing.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I will never own another Military until they make one with tip up pocket clip. That's why I got rid of the two I had
2011BLDR

Post by 2011BLDR »

RanCoWeAla wrote:I will never own another Military until they make one with tip up pocket clip. That's why I got rid of the two I had
and I will never carry a knife with tip up pocket clip...
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

farnorthdan wrote:
ShaneInDenver wrote:
Welcome to the forum Shane, the last couple pre-orders I've had with KC have been fulfilled. :)
Hi Shane i had a few of the HAP40's on preorder with KC and got them all. Not always on their first shipment though but like i said i did get them.
Mikael Andersson

Brock O Lee wrote:What rust resistance? Its a carbon steel.
So rust resistance = zero?
Studey

Post by Studey »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
More like 1.5, unless you roll for +3 weather resistance.

:rolleyes: Its a carbon steel. If you don't know, research it.
Mikael Andersson

Studey wrote:
Mikael Andersson wrote:
More like 1.5, unless you roll for +3 weather resistance.

:rolleyes: Its a carbon steel. If you don't know, research it.
Nice answer, Indiana Jones. :p
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
Basically. This is one of those steels you classify as low quality so probably best if you skip this one ;)
~David