52100 Military, what are your plans?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abbazaba

Re: 52100 Military, what are your plans?

Post by abbazaba »

senorsquare wrote:
Sirens1 wrote:Is anyone else's pivot super tight? Man, I can't seem to loosen it up and I'd like to avoid messing with the pivot screw.
Mine was super tight out of the box. I adjusted the pivot screws on mine to get the action nice and smooth.

Maybe it was the CQI changes but I was able to get the action smoothed out and still have a centered blade and solid lockup.
Both of mine were super tight out of the box, tighter than any knife I've purchased. I was almost afraid to open one of them all the way because it was so stiff, like something was wrong. Haven't touched the screws on either yet.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

So... haven't been too active recently, but I'm still waiting on a KC preorder that I placed over 2 months ago.
They still just sent me a reminder email saying they "haven't forgotten about my order", but it is the same generic email they were sending weekly before the knife even dropped.

Think maybe I missed out on this one, or more still coming to fill my preorder?
Going back to Caly.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I would buy from someone else if I were you.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

SpeedHoles wrote:So... haven't been too active recently, but I'm still waiting on a KC preorder that I placed over 2 months ago.
They still just sent me a reminder email saying they "haven't forgotten about my order", but it is the same generic email they were sending weekly before the knife even dropped.

If one drops at the $209 price, I'd pick it up if I were you. As its a sprint, there's no guarantee.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpeedHoles wrote:So... haven't been too active recently, but I'm still waiting on a KC preorder that I placed over 2 months ago.

Like others have said, I would go ahead and grab one from another vendor, they seems to be popping up randomly at a regular intervals. My KC pre-order was filled, my pre-order date was 1/8/16. I grabbed one from a different vendor also as I didn't want to miss this one and knew I wanted a user and back up anyways.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Just found out my Military 52100 from Knife Center shipped out today...
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

ME 2!!! Got tracking and everything!!!!! I am so stoked! I really didn't think I was getting one....KC said I was going to get one as soon as they got them in, and I didn't. BUT....just got mail 2 mins ago!!!! About time! Now where are those S110V Millies???

Harry
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Quick question...I thought all of these were to have a number on the blade? No?
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

When did you guys put your order in? I put a pre-order in on 5/26 and I'm afraid I got in way too late in the game. I'm thinking I should try to pick one up else where. Anyone know if these are in stock anywhere?
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

ShaneInDenver wrote:When did you guys put your order in? I put a pre-order in on 5/26 and I'm afraid I got in way too late in the game. I'm thinking I should try to pick one up else where. Anyone know if these are in stock anywhere?
I put my order in 5 moths ago and got tracking today. Drop an extra $50 and grab the one on the Bay for $260... If the run is really limited to 1000, I would look elsewhere if KC doesn't send you a tracking number today/tmro. IMHO...

Harry
Ocarr

Post by Ocarr »

Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

soonerstateknkves.com has them in stock as I type this for $232.

Kenny is a great guy and will promptly ship.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

^^^No way!!! I may just grab another! Never heard of them...they GTG? Why does it say -3?

Harry
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Again, how come some are numbered and some are not???
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ocarr wrote:Heads up...(shows 3 in stock)

http://www.hand-tools.com/product-detai ... 36CFP52100
Wow, only $201.19.....
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

That price may not include shipping charges?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

DrtyHarry wrote:Again, how come some are numbered and some are not???
Only collector club knifes have a number on the blade, normal sprint pieces do not. Wondering when you were going to surface on this one Harry. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Just canceled two KC pre-orders from March after getting lucky from other places... Not sure if they were ever gonna ship, but maybe that freed up a couple
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cujobob wrote:That price may not include shipping charges?
Usps priority $6 i believe....
And they have other good prices.
I believe the Mamba was 315, 321 shipped.
Thats pretty darn good pricing. About a couple dollars cheaper than the leading sites.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

farnorthdan wrote:
DrtyHarry wrote:Again, how come some are numbered and some are not???
Only collector club knifes have a number on the blade, normal sprint pieces do not. Wondering when you were going to surface on this one Harry. :D
I saw a couple of the 52100s floating around and some had numbers, others did not. I thought I had read someplace that all the 52110s were going to have a number on the blade. Guess that was a mistake...

No matter, if it has a number on it I'll probably wouldn't use it much anyway....lol. Now where are the S110Vs at??? ;)

Harry