2017 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
i am travvy

Re: 2017 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by i am travvy »

I really need to get off of my butt and attempt at taking some more pics. All of the ones in here are absolutely amazing.
delican_38

Post by delican_38 »

Forum name : dragonfly16
Knife pictured :Black FRN Plain edge ladybug

This ladybug was one of my first spyderco knives , a starting point to a life of collecting and carrying spyderco . Although I own many different models , I always seem to come back to the ladybug , as it's a pleasure to carry, a sleek looking design and its small blade packs such serious cutting power . I've decided to submit this post as it reminds me of where my love for spyderco all started and how I know that I can put my trust into the quality that's placed into the products under any conditions . Thanks for the opportunity to enter this .
Attachments
image1 (1).JPG
image1 (1).JPG (63.46 KiB) Viewed 4688 times
:spyder: Spyderco collector since 2011
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Kitchen knives are probably Spyderco's least know product line, but they began selling them in 1981, the same year the Worker was introduced. The K11 Cook's Knife is both the newest entry into that line and the latest addition to my kitchen. I was in the mood for red cabbage the other day and decided to use the K11 to prepare it. After my first cut the pattern formed by the purple and white of the cabbage looked interesting, so I got my camera and set up this shot.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Hi Taz , been away for awhile , may have a pic or two to submit . Thank you .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SteelSpyder

Post by SteelSpyder »

Forum name: SteelSpyder

I was too late to submit an image last season, hopefully I'm not this season too haha.

I picked this image because the techno reminded me in ways of the toad sitting there looking at it. Short and stubby. The techno is both of those but still a "little big knife" and highly capable of putting in work.

Edit to add: unfortunately I think my photo will be too small but I'll leave it in for viewing.

Last edited by SteelSpyder on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danke

Post by Danke »

If this keeps up it'll have to be a 16 or 24 month calendar!
Leeroy37

Post by Leeroy37 »

Techno
To me the techno is the definition of a lil big knife its size in the hand while small is never lacking and its cuts well so much packed into a compact package. Top class materials and the high end f&f we have come to expect from Taichung..

Ahhhh techno

Only just seen about landscape hopefully this will do now?

Last edited by Leeroy37 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Leeroy37 wrote:Techno
To me the techno is the definition of a lil big knife its size in the hand while small is never lacking and its cuts well so much packed into a compact package. Top class materials and the high end f&f we have come to expect from Taichung..
Ahhhh techno
Great picture! But I think it might be inadmissible...
TazKristi wrote: The Spyderco 2017 Calendar will be printed in an 8 ½” by 11” landscape format. Only landscape formatted images will be considered and significant cropping/resizing may occur to winning images. All portrait formatted images will be disqualified.
Figured I'd give you a heads up. Would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity! :)
Could be flipped 90°, but it might not end up the way you would want it to.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Model - Spyderco Military C36CF52100
Forum Name - Evil D

I chose this knife/picture because I've been awaiting this knife for a long time now and I'm absolutely blown away with it so far. The theme of the picture is "The Duality of Carbon Steel", which shows two carbon steels in various stages of life; 1) the beautiful rainbow patina that can be achieved with use and care, and 2) the rotting corrosion of rust that can happen with neglect. The steel used in the knife can very well end up the same as the other steel in the picture, but passion and care create the line that separate the two extremes.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Thanks for the chance! Here is my entry:

Knife model: C94TIP
Forum Name: ClusterFlux

I'm a very big fan of the UKPK Series; particularly the Ti UKPK. The UKPK is one of the most minimalistic and useful knife designs that I've come across, which has absolutely no superfluous design features; I wanted to reflect that simplicity in my photo. My Ti UKPK might not be my most carried or used Spyderco, but every time I come back to it I can't help but appreciate what a joy this little guy to work through out my day.

ImageSpyderco Titanium UKPK reflection by Nico, on Flickr
Last edited by Zendemic on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Deleted
Last edited by i am travvy on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alekseyshakaley

Post by alekseyshakaley »

Forum name: alekseyshakaley
Model: Spyderco Delica4 C11FPOR

Delica is one of my favorite knives for several years. This small knife can cope with many tasks.

nurunuru

Post by nurunuru »

Para Military 2 (Sprint run) - C81GPORBK2

I've been a fan of Spydercos for a few years now, and figured it was time I threw my hat into the ring for the photo contest. Pictured is my work knife, resting on a lever of Engine 3's pump panel. In December, I was looking for the knife to make my EDC for my job as a firefighter, and when I came across this version of the PM2 in 'fire engine camo', I instantly knew my search was over! It's been a constant companion in the station and on calls for the past half-year or so, and has thus far served with aplomb regardless of the task required of it. Rescue knives are great, and I carry one in my bunker pants... but for a do-it-all knife to have constantly in the pocket of my EMS pants, this fits the bill perfectly!
spyderco 2017 calendar comp low res.jpg
Tdhurl1103

Post by Tdhurl1103 »

Spyderco Gayle Bradley.

Hard use. Easy choice.

Last edited by Tdhurl1103 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom H

Spydernation #327
Beckerhead #284
KA-BAR Krew #27

Para 3, Gayle Bradley 1, Double Bevel, Paramilitary 2, Paramilitary 2 S110V, Sage 1, Persistence
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Morning dew Kopa
Love the Kopa series, and this, the first one is one of the top 5!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Forum name: tap78
Model: Spyderco Bradley Folder C134CF

Spyderco Bradley Folder is the best folder to take into the woods. Designed to be a well cutting and strong tool.
Thick and heavy liners give You a feel that You can depend on it anytime and anywhere, especially in the dark and misty forest.

Last edited by tap78 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Tap, that is a fantastic picture. Always enjoy your work. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

The competition is getting stiffer and stiffer :eek:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Danke

Post by Danke »

Yeah really closing out the month on a high note!
brj

Post by brj »

Forum name: brj
Model: customized C36 Military

I'm a big fan of the Military and this is one of my favorites - while the blade is factory, everything else has been custom-made (titanium full liners, Anso-style G10 handle slabs and G10 full backspacer).