2017 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderWill

Re: 2017 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by SpyderWill »

Title: “Blades of Summer”

Forum Name: SpyderWill

Product Name: Spyderco Para Military 2 - C81GCMOBK2

Description:
As the newest addition to my Spyderco collection, the Para Military 2 has proven to be a knife with a tremendous work ethic. It usually spends its working time doing what it does best, effortlessly slicing through any task that gets in its way. It was time for a break though, so the Para Military 2 joined me out into the outdoors to enjoy the first week of Summer where we encountered a variety of blades that nature has to offer.
richardtran

Post by richardtran »

Forum name : richardtran
Knife : SpydeRench

Probably the most unique Spyderco in my collection, the SpydeRench. It’s thin compared to many other multi-tools and thus gets carried more often. I also love that mine has a serrated edge as most of my knives are plain edged.

DerRock

Post by DerRock »

Forum name: DerRock
Model: C39 Dyad Jr.

Mirror arrangement of blades and locks in Spyderco Dyad makes this knife an original, functional and memorable. This is one of the iconic Spyderco knives. It's time to put it back into mass production :)

MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

The Manix 2 XL CF is my go to knife to take outside around the my house or hiking the trails in our little mountain town. This picture was taken while hiking to take wildflower pictures this past spring. The location is up in the Rocky Mountain foothills, actually not too far from the Spyderco plant. I was waiting for some good light and was entertaining myself by whittling this stick. The colors and textures of these old stumps and fallen trees catch my eye.

Up here, there is always the chance that one might encounter a Mountain Lion, so I like to carry a knife with some length. The Manix 2 XL CF is surprisingly lightweight but the solid construction inspires complete confidence. It seems like it can handle some situations in the woods. I don't believe in keeping this beauty locked in a drawer. The knife gets some use around the house. I hope that any scuffs on it don't show up in the picture.

Jim

P.S. Just in case the Photobucket thing doesn't work, attached is an image file reduced in size and quality. Note, this is the same image and only one submission.
IMGP6473 (3) R3.JPG
Last edited by MountainManJim on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
MadmanR1

Post by MadmanR1 »

Forum Name: MadmanR1

Product: Para Military 2

Description: The Para Military 2 was my first Spyderco model and it made such a great impression I was encouraged to seek out additional models by Spyderco. It's my companion in the office or in the field. I've always been a knife guy, but this is the first time I've bought multiples of a single model.

For a large version:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245 ... lakb1g.jpg
Last edited by MadmanR1 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

Tap78- Sick image. Love that knife, used it for my entry as well.
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Thanks ;) I hope Spyderco Team will appreciate it also...
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
kaysa

Post by kaysa »

Preview.jpg
Here is my submission,

Model: P'kal

I am a Chinese from Malaysia. In Chinese tradition,
fierce lion sculptures are placed in house's front door to served as a guardian of the family,
As P'kal is a self defence focused knife, it matched nicely with the theme that lion defends the family.
With incense smoke sipping over the lion's claw, it's like the blade is smoking hot to the touch,
and the smoke sipping over the lion jaw, like the beast are ready to strike anytime!

P/S: Recommend to set on January 2017 to match the Chinese Lunar New Year Theme in January, 28, 2017.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Model: C81GP2 Paramilitary 2
Forum Name: jackthedog

I just bought my first house and while doing some painting prior to moving in, my Paramilitary 2 came in very handy. From cutting plastic sheeting to opening packages, it performed perfectly. Though the knife doesn't know it yet, it will be used to cut down the dozens of boxes from the upcoming move. It's definitely up to the task.

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Not sure if this is my final entry but I'll put it up for a place holder at least.

Model: Spyderco Mule #1 (custom handle by forum member Xplorer)

I took this shot in Northern Costa Rica on a sugarcane plantation. The mule team 1 in the foreground and a beast of burden in the background loaded down with cane.

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

A few notes--I will be backpacking from July 11th until August 6th and unable to access the internet. I have attached a full-resolution version of my image in case I happen to win a spot in the calendar--otherwise I would not be able to submit a full-resolution image until August 6th.

To download the full-resolution image: click the link below, scroll to the top right where there are five icons over the picture, scroll over the gear-shaped icon, click download in the drop-down menu that appears. I can provide proof of age after August 6th if necessary. Here is the link for the full-res version:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q385 ... 9hmuka.jpg
My image showcases the Paramilitary 2 Brown / CPM-S35VN edition with some autumn Aspen in Rocky Mountain National Park. The PM2 is great for any season, but the brown version looks especially great in the autumn. It is fun to photograph Colorado-made knives in Colorado!

feokom

Post by feokom »

Username - feokom
Model - Spyderco Matriarch2 C12SBK2
Spyderco Matriarch 2 a work of art.
Attachments
IMG_0700.JPG
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

The entries are piling up lately! Nice work everyone! :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

New picture same knife

Name: I am travvy
Knife : squarehead

The spyderco squarehead. Industrial design but yet, looks so elegant on one of my leather projects.

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Not sure if this is calendar worthy but here goes....

I've been addicted to Spyderco knives for a relatively short time but I've managed to accumulate several models. I've carefully researched each and every model that I've bought and I have to say that each one makes me happy. I try to show some love to all the "kids" and choose a different knife to carry each day. Out of all these different knives the Sage 2 seems to get a little more pocket time than the others. There's something about the simplicity of the knife combined with the feel of the warm titanium after it's been in my pocket awhile that makes me smile. Not to mention the unique sound it makes when the lock engages. The Sage 2 wasn't the Spyderco that got me hooked but it was certainly the one that reeled me in. I'm sure it will be with me for a very long time.

The pic was taken near a picturesque creek that goes through my neighborhood. I love nature and the outdoors and this spot has become my thinking spot. I'll often take a walk to this area and sit up on one of the sandstone slabs that overlooks the creek enjoying sights and sounds while whittling on a stick with the Spyderco knife I have with me that day.

Last edited by Sharp Guy on Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Amika

Post by Amika »

My Spyderco Cricket Tattoo VG-10

My first Spyderco in the Tattoo series, the Cricket Tattoo is by far my most beautiful Spyderco, in my opinion. I am hoping to collect the whole Tattoo series. For now through, my Tattoo Cricket will go wherever I go!
Attachments
Web.jpg
camporama

Post by camporama »

Wow, these are some amazing pictures. I can't wait to see who the winners are.
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

My Karahawk :D

I took this photo when spring is coming. I will not go out without carrying a spyderco. I love all of Sal's designs, Karahawk is one of them. One morning, the dew drops remaining on the leaves. The air was cool, and it's great that I have to bring my Karahawk.
Hopefully, the clover will bring a bit of luck for me :p .

P / s: Sorry my english is not good. There can be few grammatical errors. And i want to say thanks for all! :o
Uke

Post by Uke »

Forum Name: Uke
Model: British Blades Elmax Urban LW

This is a common sight on my desk - a bunch of Spydies ready for some treatment in front of my Sharpmaker and loupe. The knife in focus here resting against the Sharpmaker rods is my British Blades Elmax Urban after serving some faithful pocket duty! The Urban LW has to be my favourite addition to the Slipit line yet and this Elmax version is performing admirably. A few quick passes on the Sharpmaker and that edge will be back to razor sharp :)

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Models: Spyderco Persian Red G-10 ~ C83GRD, Spyderco Kris ~ C104
Forum name: SpyderNut

I received the Spyderco Persian Red G-10 and Spyderco Kris as gifts from my beautiful wife, Lindsay. Both knives hold a great deal of sentimental value to me and are carried on special occasions. As I've mentioned in the past, my wife has been very involved and supportive of both my Spyderco knife collecting and also in my knifemaking endeavors. I would not be in the position that I am today without all of her love and support.

Thank you, Spyderco and Crew, for the opportunity to participate in this contest.

Cheers to all and best of luck. :)

~Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal