Spyderco One Piece Tool

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JAfromMN

Spyderco One Piece Tool

Post by JAfromMN »

spyderco one piece tool

we could really use one.

I know a having a good little pry tool on me has saved many a knife tip.

I also think that the bug logo could be the base of a good multifunction tool.

Just a idea I've had for awhile .

What do you all think
Spydersense

Re: Spyderco One Piece Tool

Post by Spydersense »

Yes, please. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I had a pocket pry bar and lost it. A Spyderco prybar would be an awesome replacement! I cringe when I see someone use a knife for that sort of thing. :eek:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'm a spydernut, so I would definitely buy one. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

+1
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

It must be made please.

Please spyderco.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I've actually been looking at these lately to add to a key ring. If Spyderco makes one I'd like, they can continue to proudly monopolize my key rings.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OK I guess I got on the train late :o What are you referring to? Are you talking about maybe like a one piece tool that will be capable of doing many different jobs? This suggestion is rather timely though because in the JUNE edition of BLADE magazine there is an interesting article about "Side Tools". They showed several different types of "Side Tools" made by various knife companies and several custom knife makers.

For instance Boker had one listed in that article that was basically a hatchet and prybar all in one with a couple of other tools on it as well. So what idea do you all have?
paladin

Post by paladin »

What company could design the most ergonomic, utilitarian, and ultimately useful prybar/multitool with just the right styling?

Spyderco, of course... :spyder: :cool:

I'd be in for four <4>. :D
Sully

Post by Sully »

Such a good idea! How is there not one of these already? The bug logo seems ideal. Especially smart, I think, is the "save your knife tip" angle.

Anodizing it might be cool too.
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

As long as it has a beer bottle opener, I'm in.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I wish Sal would chime in with a few words

I got planes in my head for two
First a simple tool using the bug logo as it's base and 2 one much more wicked looking with fangs that can really do some prying.

Just a idea but think I'm on to something here
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

You all with computer skills feel free to design a few tools

I do my test projects on cardboard. I'm old
We can't get the touchy specs right if I'm trimming from cardboard. I can't draw for %$%%%
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Don't need any of that other stuff. Don't need anything... except a beer bottle opener. That's all I need.

And a pry bar. A bottle opener and a pry bar. That's all I need... And a 5/16 wrench to tighten the terminals on my car battery. A bottle opener, pry bar and 5/16 wrench. That's all I need... And a 10 mm wrench for my other car battery. A bottle opener, pry bar, 5/16 and 10 mm wrenches. That's all I need... And a screw driver to take the back off my computer. A bottle opener, pry bar, 5/16 and 10 mm wrenches and a screw driver. That's all I need... And a can opener...
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
swigert

Post by swigert »

My ideal small tools like this (I have a few) have a pocket clip, pry end, bottle opener and maybe a space to insert a bit with a Phillips head or flat head.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Please sal

Sounds like there's plenty of interest.

I'm sure we could design it if you would let us.

I think this is a very good idea with lots of potential for both sales and fun for us.

Please.

We can't even keep it super simple if that's what you'd like.

Please
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Please sal

Sounds like there's plenty of interest.

I'm sure we could design it if you would let us.

I think this is a very good idea with lots of potential for both sales and fun for us.

Please.

We can't even keep it super simple if that's what you'd like.

Please
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I'm sure most of would consider picking one up and they're growing in popularity all over the world. Making one that would be a legal carry in all countries isn't hard to do and it would appeal to a larger market than knives or Spyderco knives alone would, seeing how the whole "gear" market is exploding out of proportions. There's a million things you could do with the design aswell and, in comparison to most Spyderco products, relatively low manufacturing costs.

We could even make it a contest where one or several designs would be finalised into a prototype for next year's meet! :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Leeroy37

Post by Leeroy37 »

I'd be well up for one of those!!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Mad Mac wrote:Don't need any of that other stuff. Don't need anything... except a beer bottle opener. That's all I need.

And a pry bar. A bottle opener and a pry bar. That's all I need... And a 5/16 wrench to tighten the terminals on my car battery. A bottle opener, pry bar and 5/16 wrench. That's all I need... And a 10 mm wrench for my other car battery. A bottle opener, pry bar, 5/16 and 10 mm wrenches. That's all I need... And a screw driver to take the back off my computer. A bottle opener, pry bar, 5/16 and 10 mm wrenches and a screw driver. That's all I need... And a can opener...
:D
And this paddleball!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I think we got a great idea going here.