What's up with the Manbug?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BTG

What's up with the Manbug?

Post by BTG »

I don't really have a problem with the Manbug...quite the opposite....just wondering why there aren't more of them? And also just what's out there...besides customs. I try to get all Japanese models, ladybug through the stretch, but it seems there are tons of Delicas and Enduras, a lot of LB's and dragonflys, quite a few Stretch, but very few Manbugs..I got plain, serrated,ZDP, SB, G10 and Hap40 should be out shortly.....would really love one in TI...maybe a little Cruwear....something salty?...I've heard it's one of Sals favorites....Maybe a 2017 forum knife, (too late for this year) ....is there a white scaled one?
Evil D

Re: What's up with the Manbug?

Post by Evil D »

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Salt version yet.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Sal mentioned something about a sheepsfoot version of the Manbug some time ago. Wonder if this is still in-the-works? I'd love to see a Salt Manbug. Dang. I'd buy several for EDC.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Love my SB, carry it every day, its performed above and beyond my expectations, a cruwear bolstered tan G10 would be crazy cool.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

The Sheepsfoot will be a winner, for sure.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I think the amount of Manbugs on the secondary market will increase in the course of the year. Probably still too "new" too pop up as often as the Delica's and Endura's.
Still haven't gotten myself one... Loving my Ladybugs and Jesters, so might aswell :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

For me, what's up with the Manbug is the fact that I'm not going to pay more money so I can get a "taller" bladed Ladybug. For a knife of that size it's just too expensive.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
swigert

Post by swigert »

The G10 Manbug is an awesome little knife. A serrated H1 would be fantastic.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I like the Manbug far more than the Ladybug, and at least as good as the Dragonfly (it will do anything the DF will do). It is my go to knife for carrying to work. I have one in my pocket now. I, too, have wondered why there are not more variations. I could care two hoots about a sheepfoot, but I would love a titanium version. I would like to see some more steel choices as well.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Guess there's not more of them because it hasn't been around nearly as long as the rest of the Japanese models, a lot of all the other different models are "pre-Manbug".
BTG

Post by BTG »

I guess that makes me feel a little better...I didn't just miss the boat on them....like I did with the foliage green G10
Delicas/Enduras....
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

No, you're just waiting for most of the boat to still come in! ;)
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Titanium Manbug!!! With a LC200N blade!!! I'm drooling on my keyboard at the thought.

Grizz
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

gdwtvb wrote:Titanium Manbug!!! With a LC200N blade!!! I'm drooling on my keyboard at the thought.

Grizz
Now you are going to give me fits! :eek: :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
cliff_B07

Post by cliff_B07 »

A Salt H1 Manbug with a plain edge would be on my to buy list for sure. Especially in a color other than yellow, orange and black.

How about that bright green the USN ladybug was in or that tan color the County Comm ladybug was in?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

gdwtvb wrote:Titanium Manbug!!! With a LC200N blade!!! I'm drooling on my keyboard at the thought.

Grizz
:eek: :eek: :eek:
:D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PWork

Post by PWork »

I'm hoping the sheepsfoot Manbug will be available in plain edge.
Paul