Hello, Helpful People Of The Forum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Miss Dragonfly

Hello, Helpful People Of The Forum

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Hello Everyone!

Just joined. To thank you. And to get at that search feature. :)

So thanks! Lost my inherited pocketknife. Long story. Really missed it. Wanted a new one. Researched pocketknives like it was my job. Stumbled in here. Read too many threads not start my own. Really found the ones where new members introduce themselves to be polite, so I wanted to do that. Anywhoo, thanks for helping me discover the Dragonfly 2. Foliage green G10. Expensive, but so worth it! ($85..we are allowed to say prices? Sorry, if not.) That is now my new knife! I just can't bring myself to use that EDC term :)

It's funny how guys react to my knife compared to women. Women don't giggle when I point out the comfortable 50/50 choil and smooth opening. Non-knife guys get really goofy. "Why do I have a knife", "Do I want to cut a B@%**", "That's so dangerous"... just oddball comments, right? I stress those are NON-knife guys. Just a few, really. But hopefully a forum worthy comment.

That's all I got for now. Thanks for letting me in your :spyder: club!
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
Donut

Re: Hello, Helpful People Of The Forum

Post by Donut »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your Dragonfly. The Dragonfly is an awesome knife.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum and nice choice, the Dfly is a real sweet piece, great EDC.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
alan007

Post by alan007 »

Welcome! The Dragonfly 2 was my first Spyderco also. I now have two - a 'regular' orange one and the HAP40 version. I really like the Dragonfly 2 as it is so light in my pocket that I don't know it's there (until I need it!). I'm a newbie in the forum too....

Alan
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard, Miss Dragonfly! Congrats on the purchase of your new G-10 Dragonfly. It is a terrific design that will serve you well for many years to come. Hope to see you around. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Thanks for the very kind welcome! Fun to officially be a knife person now! :) A SpyderLadyDragonFly! :spyder:

As I said, I read so much here, I had to jump in. Loving My Knife, as I call it! Tried to switch my name here to Lady Dragonfly, but couldn't. My friend also reminded me that this isn't facebook, so my best glam shot from two years ago is a bit much for an avatar :o so I switched it to Lady Dragonfly. :)

Anywhoo, I'll be around when I can to share Spyderco info. Though I don't have all that much knife knowledge. :confused: Am learning from y'all tho! :D

Thanks again!
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

My Mrs loves hers.

She takes it with her everywhere she goes.

It's odd for me to borrow a knife from anyone more so my wife and even I use her dragonfly now and then.

Great knife.
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

Welcome, I hear nothing but good stuff about the Dragonfly. The G-10 sounds like a good choice. That and the H-1 SE interest me..I'm real careful now to make sure my hands get a grip on a smaller knife. I love the Cat. No dragonfly yet but so many good choices.
I was going to type a long rant about non-knife people but I held off....
Tom
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Welcome! And get ready, after a while not only will you be using the term EDC, but $85 won't seem like that much for a knife. ;)
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

There are far too many Spyderco knives calling me but I think if I had to have only one I'd be in a dilemma trying to choose between a Delica 4 and Dragonfly 2. Congratulations on the DF2. Great choice.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Welcome Miss Dragonfly to the forum. Lot's of great folks here. The Dragonfly seems to be a favorite of many. My daughter's favorite knife is the Tattoo Dragonfly. My wife carries the purple dragonfly in her purse every day. You made a great choice in the G10, one of the best "little big knives" available.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Welcome to the forum! The Dragonfly Salt was actually the Spyderco that got me started.
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

Surfingringo wrote:Welcome to the forum! The Dragonfly Salt was actually the Spyderco that got me started.
You all are so warm and welcoming, and I have just one knife. I know, so far. Thank you all!

Surfingringo, if I ever get a Salt, I know you'll have influenced me. Been fishing like 3X in my life, but reading a bunch of your posts makes me think I should really have one as well. You're like the International H-1 Ambassador Kayaker! I bet a boat load of Salts were sold because of you. :)
Marilyn Monroe
BTG

Post by BTG »

Anywhoo, I'll be around when I can to share Spyderco info. Though I don't have all that much knife knowledge. :confused: Am learning from y'all tho! :D

Thanks again![/quote]

Welcome aboard, and don't worry about knife knowledge here, the people are great, all you have to know is what you like...not like some other forums..that seems to be the topic a lot of the time...people just looking for opinions...although we also have some who really know their stuff..
sal

Post by sal »

Hello Lady Dragonfly,

Welcome to our forum.

Congrats on your D'Fly. The knives are really very good. But the people that hang around this forum are truly spectacular. Unique, intelligent, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. Much can be learned here about Spyderco knives, but even more can be learned about being fair and civilized.

sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Hi Miss Dragonfly, you made a wise choice in knives. The foliage green G10 DF is my favorite. My wife has an orange and a purple DF and she has one of them with her all the time. She likes the way they fit her tiny hands, tiny pockets, tiny purse, but still cuts like a bigger knife.

In case you don't know, Sal is Sal Glesser the owner of Spyderco. He takes personal interest in the forums and in his knives.

Also, you will find you are not the only lady, here. One of them will chime in eventually.

Welcome.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Welcome and enjoy your staying here. Dragonfly2 is indeed a brilliant design and it seems it's more than a " gentleman's " folder :)
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Welcome to the forum!
I must say the Dragonfly is a great choice as you will have discovered for yourself! I'm sure it won't be the last Spyderco you'll get, but it'll surely be one that'll see quite allot of pocket-time in years to come :)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
jackknife

Post by jackknife »

Hello Dragonlady!

I'm new here, too... and it is great to see ladies carrying sharp things :-)

My wife loves her pink Squeak, always, always and I mean always carrying it in her purse and my daughter just got her First Victorinox (I hope it is OK to mention other brands in such a context?) for her fifth birthday - so you are definitely not alone.

BTW, are locking blades legal to carry in New York? I heard they had some strange knife laws there, too...
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)