Hello, Helpful People Of The Forum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Hello, Helpful People Of The Forum

Post by sal »

Hi Jackknife,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

sal wrote:Hello Lady Dragonfly,

Welcome to our forum.

Congrats on your D'Fly. The knives are really very good. But the people that hang around this forum are truly spectacular. Unique, intelligent, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. Much can be learned here about Spyderco knives, but even more can be learned about being fair and civilized.

sal
Mr. Glesser,

I couldn't agree more. Beautifully said.

Thank you for a great knife. Thank you for setting such a high standard in all things. :) :spyder:

Thank you to everyone else also! Please know I'd love to respond to each and every welcoming post. Your insights and personal stories related to the DFly are a treat to read. And you make it very tough to stay at just one Spyderco, but I see it as My Knife now. :)

jacknife, I'm not in NYC all that much these days, and knife laws seem to be a lot less intense Upstate. Thanks for the heads up! :)

elena86, DFly is more than a Gentleman's folder, for sure. Thanks! :)

DocDan, very Gentlemanly of ya to let me know sal is the owner. And you have great taste in knives! :)
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Welcome! I too am a Dragonfly fan; I have two of them and if I found a good deal on the Super Blue sprint I'd buy that one too. You've picked a great company and community with which to associate, and we're glad you're here.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I think I have around 6 DFs or so. Some have many, many more.
I would love to have a Superblue DF in my rotation, but they are hard to get over here.

Miss Dragonfly, look around for a Nishijin Dragonfly. It is a beautiful piece of work.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
BTG

Post by BTG »

All this talk about d'flys and no pics just ain't right ....kinda old pic as I've added a pink, Black Nishijin, and the Hap 40...I do love me some D2's.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (63.49 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Welcome Miss Dragonfly!!

My first Spydie was a black FRN DF. I've since added several different models including a G10 DF like yours. I think I'll carry the G10 DF today in your honor.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
jackknife

Post by jackknife »

sal wrote:Hi Jackknife,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Dear Mr. Glesser,

It is a great honour to "meet" you. Thank you so much for so many things. Hours, days, years in which cutting things was joy, not strain, hassle or drag. Oh, and of course for getting and keeping things sharp!

And, last but not least, for being am example of how to live the good live. If there were more businessmen like you, the economy would quite probably be in a much better place. But hey, it's never too late... ;-)

-jack
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much for the kind words.

sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Man, this thread is like a group hug. Count me in. :) Welcome to the forum! It is a great place filled with great people. I do not actually have a Dragonfly. :o I have been out in Colorado for a few years but am from upstate myself. Well, way, way upstate actually. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
palonej

Post by palonej »

Hey!!! Can a non owning D'fly dude get in on the group hug???
I have a Spin.....next to his REALLY big brother!!!
:D
Joe

Welcome!!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

You guys are funny, haven't seen this much enthusiasm for a new member is some time :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
remnar

Post by remnar »

Welcome to the forum Miss Dragonfly! :spyder:
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Welcome to the forum!! Congrats on the knife! I hope you enjoy it & use it in good health.