Finally caved in

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Finally caved in

Post by SG89 »

Don't know what took me so long to get one of these but once again Taichung hits it out of the park. Great job again Mr Bradley you sure know how to design liner lock knives. :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Re: Finally caved in

Post by SpyderNut »

Congrats on the new GB2, Spydergirl! Man, you've been on a roll here lately... A new Serrata and now a new Gayle Bradley? ;) Ah well, you can never have enough carbon fiber in your life.

P.S. Congrats on your 1000+ post count. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice pick up SpyderGirl, sure do like the grind lines on those GB's.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
palonej

Post by palonej »

Was just gonna say the same thing Dan!!!
I just love that blade!!!
Congrats and enjoy the GB Spydiechick!!!! You can NEVER have enough carbon fiber!!!
Joe
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Congrats! Mine is as slick as snot. I love it. It has been a steady part of my rotation since I got it.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Nice! I got to handle one just last week at Knifeworks. It's a great design though quite different from its predecessor. I will probably always slightly favor the more "tank-like" original but there are definitely some features of the 2 that I prefer. Enjoy!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Nice grab Sydergirl!! That does look like a sweet blade. That's one I'll have to add to the knife drawer one of these days!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It took me like three years to get the first one. I say you are definitely ahead of the curve (or at least on the chart :p)!
bearfacedkiller

This knife just has something classy about it. It may not be the workhorse that the GB1 was but it is a stout knife and it is dead sexy!

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:This knife just has something classy about it. It may not be the workhorse that the GB1 was but it is a stout knife and it is dead sexy!

How you like the sight on that LCP Darby?
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Nice purchase! The GB2 is most likely to be my next acquisition.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
bearfacedkiller

Do you mean the laser? The actual sights are almost non existent. I shoot it well in good lighting with the iron sights and I painted the front little bump they call a sight but in any kind of poor lighting or when trying to acquire a target quickly they are useless. It is a belly gun but I still like to be able to aim. I love the laser and wouldn't own an LCP without one because the stocks sights are so minimalistic. You can get a LCP now with full sights but this little pink beauty is an older model. As a package the LCP and the Crimson Trace grip is great. It is 12.8oz loaded and carries well in a front pocket. CT makes a quality product but they are expensive. The laser is very bright and holds zero well. I never have to think about activating the laser. If I grip the pistol then the laser is on. I like that.
-Darby
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Yes, I was talking about the laser. Thanks for the info. My Dad has the standard model and I'd agree that the sights are pretty useless. Anyway, back to knives.... :)
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Congrats. It's a must have knife for a Texas girl. Enjoy it. It's really great knife. Best cutter on the market , M4 steel, sexy as ****. I love mine.
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

This is the best Spyderco I've ever held and used in terms of design and execution, and priced at a ridiculous value. I can't think of a better knife in the $100-$150 category.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Such a deal, and what a looker...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Nice knife. I like it much more that original GB. If I will miss PM2 with CMP M4, probably I will get this one to try the steel
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This knife is so so so so awesome!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

How's your thumb holding up?
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

This is actually my favorite knife. So much so I am seriously considering getting a back up. If they would come out with a bunch of different ones with different scales and steels I would buy them all I think.