Next Pink Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KnickKnackCity

Next Pink Spyderco?

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Hi all. I have been slowly but surely pulling my girlfriend into my Spyderco obsession. She is a executive chef who never carried a personal knife until I bought her a pink Native shortly after we started dating. Although at the time she didn't understand the impact on the market or following her knife company has cultivated, she did like the fact that it was the best folder she had ever touched, pink, Colorado made, supports a great cause (http://www.pinkfiretrucks.org/donations/) and was now a staple tool in her kitchen (opening flour bags, boxes, etc..) Cut to 6 months ago when we moved into our new place her Native goes missing. I wasn't quick to replace it as we both were sure it was somewhere in the house so she started using my Manix2 G10 (my anniversary gift from her) as her EDC. In Jan I found a Pink DF2 for her and she quickly discarded the Manix to show off her cute new pink knife to the world. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking to myself "how nice it is for most ladies to not have size restrictions on key chain knives since they rarely see pockets", sooooo a pink LB3 from CS.com then blessed our doorstep. Now seeing a utilitarian collection on her hands she really set to tracking down her Native for bigger cutting tasks. The next day I got the following pic texted to me with many "!!!!!"'s in the text body:
20160321_181000.jpg
My question for the forum is which should be her next pinky be?? I am already on the hunt for a Pink Delica 4 to gift her on our first camping trip for the year. It seems like there's plenty of pink Native 5's in stock I will hold off on that one for a bit. Does anyone have any info on upcoming pink exclusives, production plans, any exclusives currently on the market, or suggestions on discontinued pinks I should look into? Thanks in advance!
SG89

Re: Next Pink Spyderco?

Post by SG89 »

Get her a manix 2 g10 in pink or a pink delica 4
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
slick228

Post by slick228 »

You can give your girlfriend a pink Endura4. With a longer blade, it should work well since she is a chef.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

BladeHQ still has the pink Large Chinese Lum available. Not a "pinky" knife in terms of small, but a really nice knife. I have the large (mine isn't pink though) and medium lum models and really like them, I plan to also get the new Small Lum if/when it comes out.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

And besides those, there are the pink Native 5 and the Squeak. Seems like you have some shopping to do. I suggest the pink Native 5.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Thanks for the responses and the welcome! Think I'll pull the trigger on the Delica 4 today before they're all gone. The pink Manix2 would be great but the price point is making my credit card nervous. Native 5 is patiently waiting in the shopping cart. I think the Endura is a little too large for her liking as a practical folder (As that feeling borders that direction for me too. (We're of shortish stock)) Can't envision her using the squeak for anything. The Lum looks right up her ally.. I've never held one but thinking I might have to give it a test run (or 20) before I turn her over!
If any of the spyderco folks see this, a Pink PM2 would be dreamy!
Last edited by KnickKnackCity on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

I had no idea that there were so many pink knives. I knew about the Native. It's a great idea all around. My ex and Mother are both dealing with BC. My GF does not 'get' knives. I don't own a Native (getting pink) yet but it's on my short list, along with a couple more common knives.. Then, hopefully soon on to Blurple.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard, KKC. :) I saw today that BBS still has some pink Endura 4's in stock.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome aboard KKC,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

You know, another idea would be to try and find a Pink Cricket. They are fairly rare, but very unique and would make a nice anniversary gift. :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

SpyderNut wrote:You know, another idea would be to try and find a Pink Cricket. They are fairly rare, but very unique and would make a nice anniversary gift. :)
How about making a pink Rhino? :D :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Doc Dan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:You know, another idea would be to try and find a Pink Cricket. They are fairly rare, but very unique and would make a nice anniversary gift. :)
Lol, that sounds great! :D Looks like I'll have to get some pink G-10.

KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Thanks again for the welcomes guys. Glad to be here! :cool:

Just snagged the last factory new Pink Delica 4 Plain Edge from deepakc.com (their website is down at the time of this post, but called and was helped promptly. Deepak is a friendly guy) He said that there was a Pink Delica 4 Combo Edge still in stock, in case anyone's looking.
BostonTom wrote: My GF does not 'get' knives.
I would say get a Ladybug of her favorite color for her just to throw in her purse, pocket, or car. Its small enough not to scare anyone and pretty affordable. You really don't think about how much you could use a knife till you're up against a stubborn piece of packaging or opening 20 pieces of mail. Hopefully she'll remember its there and enjoy the ease of not having to fight to get into said packaging.
Looks like I have yet another "keep you eyes peeled for..." knife. Not sure what the future is of the Nishijin scales, but a Pink Nishijin Cricket would be awesome too!
SpyderNut wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Lol, that sounds great! :D Looks like I'll have to get some pink G-10.
Yes please! I'm very excited for the collaboration to hit production, a custom from the man himself would be the perfect companion piece!
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

Yes. Good idea. Welcome to forum. Interesting
learning about all the pink knives.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I snatched a Brand new pink Lum off of eCop on eBay yesterday. $102,43 was just too good to pass on..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Figured I would show off the most recent addition to the pink family in our household! I had little info to go off of when ordering but was pleasantly surprised to open the package and find the second batch run of the pink Delica 4 sprint. I cant wait for our first trip into the woods this spring to see the look on her face when I give it to her.
20160328_071947-a.jpg
On a side note, after typing in the SKU on the old google machine, I found another retailer who has stock (cannot vouch for the company as I've never ordered from them) If anyone is looking for the PE version http://www.countryknives.com/product/c11ppn-delica/
Holland

Post by Holland »

How funny would a pink tatanka be?
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Holland wrote:How funny would a pink tatanka be?
Ha! I would buy one in a heartbeat! Then make a request for a pink SzaboHawk :eek: :D :p
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I love my Pink Squeak! Not as vivid a pink as her other knives (slightly more pale) but such a nice little knife.