Rhino

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Rhino

Post by bh49 »

Any news? or at least rumors? I need one for my nephew soon. It is almost Christmas.

Michael,

You have to do something about this. If Spyderco cannot deliver, you have to start producing customs. I need XHP 2 mm FFG stock blade. Bolsters and stag please. I remember that you did a good job on stag for your father in law :)
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

With it's modest size and attractive price point it would be great if this one dropped before christmas. I would need a couple for gifts myself.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Can you imagine how cool the sprint runs on this model would be? Burnt Orange G10, digital camo G10, DLC blade. . . etc!

OMG this model has so much potential.
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

When I saw this thread resurface I thought maybe it had dropped..... :(
JasonC6612

Post by JasonC6612 »

Cogito wrote:Can you imagine how cool the sprint runs on this model would be? Burnt Orange G10, digital camo G10, DLC blade. . . etc!

OMG this model has so much potential.
A digi-camo like on the pm2 on the Rhino would be so awesome...
ヽ(•‿•)ノ
Mr Danger

Post by Mr Danger »

Any news through the grapevine? Really was hoping I'd have one in hand for pheasant season, but that's a definite no-go at this point.
Sharp knife / hairless arm.
SKB182

Post by SKB182 »

Is there an updated time frame on the release of this model? It'd likely be a good idea to let customers know if it will still be a 2016 release or run into 2017. Undeterminable would also be a valid reply.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

With it's price point it would be outstanding if these would drop by christmas. I really, really want to gift a couple of these this year.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sildani

Post by Sildani »

Really want one myself, I need a new, smaller EDC.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hello friends,

Thank you for the kind words. In talking with Spyderco recently, it sounds like we are getting closer to seeing the Rhino on the market. I too cannot wait to see the Rhino in person. I have a feeling it will be worth the wait. :)

Kind regards,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:Hello friends,

Thank you for the kind words. In talking with Spyderco recently, it sounds like we are getting closer to seeing the Rhino on the market. I too cannot wait to see the Rhino in person. I have a feeling it will be worth the wait. :)

Kind regards,

Michael
Hi Michael, haven't seen you post up for a while, hope all is well in your world friend :)

Thanks for the update, I'm still very excited to get my hands on one of these fantastic looking little blades of your creation, like Darby said, I sure hope they drop before Christmas, I have a number of folks I'd like to gift. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Michael,
Good to see you back, especially as a barer of the good news. You I need two and I need them way before Christmas :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

Glad to hear it's still on the way! Spyderco is really ending 2016 and starting 2017 on a high note with all the great models lately.
Sully

Post by Sully »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Hello friends,

Kind regards,

Michael
Hi Michael, haven't seen you post up for a while, hope all is well in your world friend :)

Thanks for the update, I'm still very excited to get my hands on one of these fantastic looking little blades of your creation, like Darby said, I sure hope they drop before Christmas, I have a number of folks I'd like to gift. :)
Compelled to echo all that Dan said. Fine Christmas gift, for sure.Besides the unique design, no doubt a wee bit of great karma will have rubbed off on every Rhino as well.

May the road rise to meet you...., Michael.
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

This knife will be the best ever gateway drug to Spyderco; compression lock, FFG, great steel, unique trailing point, and a NKP-friendly size.
Last edited by clovisc on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

clovisc wrote:This knife will be the best ever gateway drug to Spyderco; FFG, compression lock, FFG, great steel, unique trailing point, and a NKP-friendly size.
Don't forget FFG!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mr Danger

Post by Mr Danger »

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the announcement of the PM3. A Rhino, PM3, and Sage 5 would be three ~3" blades with a compression lock in the last several months. Maybe they're trying to not oversaturate the market with that form factor.
Sharp knife / hairless arm.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:

Hi Dan,
Thank you, sir, I really appreciate that. I am doing well and still breathing. :)
I am also quite hopeful that we'll see the Rhino before the end of the year--if not by Christmas. That would make my Christmas a very merry one indeed. :)

Sully wrote:
Compelled to echo all that Dan said. Fine Christmas gift, for sure. Besides the unique design, no doubt a wee bit of great karma will have rubbed off on every Rhino as well.

May the road rise to meet you...., Michael.
Brother Sully,

Your kind words made me smile. Thank you for that, my friend. :)

Liquid Cobra wrote:
clovisc wrote:This knife will be the best ever gateway drug to Spyderco; FFG, compression lock, FFG, great steel, unique trailing point, and a NKP-friendly size.
Don't forget FFG!
Thank you, Liquid Cobra and Clovisc. I can't wait to hear your feedback after the Rhino arrives. :)
Mr Danger wrote:I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the announcement of the PM3. A Rhino, PM3, and Sage 5 would be three ~3" blades with a compression lock in the last several months. Maybe they're trying to not oversaturate the market with that form factor.
That is an interesting point, Mr. Danger. I never thought of it in that way before. On a side note, I am very much looking forward to the PM3. I already have a feeling it is going to be on my short-list whenever it arrives. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It looks we will not be getting Rhinos in 2016 :(
Any updates? Gossips? Rumors?

twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

bh49 wrote:It looks we will not be getting Rhinos in 2016 :(
Any updates? Gossips? Rumors?
Brick and mortar told me the same and said likely on the PM3 as well