Rhino

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BDNX

Re: Rhino

Post by BDNX »

I am very much anticipating the release of this one. Possibly more than any of the other releases this year.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BDNX wrote:I am very much anticipating the release of this one. Possibly more than any of the other releases this year.
Welcome back, BDNX. It's good to see you and David back. :). Thank you for the kind words. I hope you will enjoy the Rhino (when it comes).

Take care,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Absolutely can't wait for this little guy to come out! I'll be making a drive to the SFO the second I hear they're out!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I was just looking at the Rhino on blade HQ's site, can't wait to pick one of these up. This will be my first CTS-BD1 blade, and of course I'm a sucker for compression locks. :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Any more news? I saw it in a couple pics from Shot Show.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BDNX wrote:Any more news? I saw it in a couple pics from Shot Show.
It sounds like we're in the home stretch now. :) Last I heard from Sal (via the thread at Blade Forum), they were just waiting on the new shipment. Once through quality inspections, they will be on the market. I am excited. :D

(Edited to add info)
Last edited by SpyderNut on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Great news!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thank you! I am a little exited too... :D

bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote: It sounds like we're in the home stretch now. :) Last I heard from Sal (via the thread at Blade Forum), they were just waiting on the new shipment. Once through quality inspections, they will be on the market. I am excited. :D
Great news. Thank you Michael.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I cannot wait for sprint. Polished G10, bolsters S35Vn will be fine, but I do not mind for something exotic SS from Carpenter like CTS B75P
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Knifenews had a nice video on the Rhino but I can't seem to find it anywhere but on their Facebook page. The knife looks great.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Myself, I'm happy that BD1 is being used on this one. Really would like to see it used more often honestly.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:I cannot wait for sprint. Polished G10, bolsters S35Vn will be fine, but I do not mind for something exotic SS from Carpenter like CTS B75P
That sounds very good to me. My wife made the same comment a few weeks ago regarding adding bolsters to the Rhino. Maybe some day I can make a custom version with Ti bolsters. In fact, I just received some .122" Ti not too long ago. Hmm... :)
Liquid Cobra wrote:Knifenews had a nice video on the Rhino but I can't seem to find it anywhere but on their Facebook page. The knife looks great.
Thanks!
I tried to look for that video too, but didn't have any success. Was it through Knife News exclusively?
BDNX wrote:Myself, I'm happy that BD1 is being used on this one. Really would like to see it used more often honestly.
I agree. I haven't had much time to experiment with BD1 myself, but it looks like it will be a good choice for this design. For what it's worth, the blade on the original Rhino prototype was S35VN.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

You would have to check their Facebook page
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote:
bh49 wrote:I cannot wait for sprint. Polished G10, bolsters S35Vn will be fine, but I do not mind for something exotic SS from Carpenter like CTS B75P
That sounds very good to me. My wife made the same comment a few weeks ago regarding adding bolsters to the Rhino. Maybe some day I can make a custom version with Ti bolsters. In fact, I just received some .122" Ti not too long ago. Hmm... :)
Is there enough Ti for two knives? :p :p :p :p :)

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:You would have to check their Facebook page
Thanks, LC. Will do.
bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Is there enough Ti for two knives? :p :p :p :p :)
:D I reckon there might be. ;) :p

On a serious note though, I just wish I had more time to devote to knifemaking. Adding bolsters to this design would not be too much of an issue, but it would take a lot more time. Maybe some day. :)

bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote: Maybe some day. :)
How is tomorrow looks for you? :)

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

SpyderNut, what are your thoughts on a Para 2 sized version of a Rhino someday?

@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

You mean The Elephant? ;) :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:You mean The Elephant? ;) :D
No. Just SuperRhino :) :D