Aftermarket G10 scales for the Yojimbo 2 and Casey's low riding clips

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DrtyHarry

Aftermarket G10 scales for the Yojimbo 2 and Casey's low riding clips

Post by DrtyHarry »

Will these scales work with Casey's low riding clips on the Yojimbo 2? Thanks!!!

Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Evil D

Re: Aftermarket G10 scales for the Yojimbo 2 and Casey's low riding clips

Post by Evil D »

I don't see why they wouldn't. If you can mount the factory clip on that scale, you should be able to mount the other one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Yeah if the Spyderco's hour glass clip fits then Casey's clips will too. On a side note does anyone know if Casey has ever made ti scales for the yojimbo? :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

In regard to the OP's question, Casey's clips will indeed fit but there likely will be a need for you to sand down a small portion of the Anso sculpting where the flared out portion of the two bottom screws sit, so the clip sits fully snugly. This is an issue with the Putnam scales and Casey's clips in general, and I don't see why the Yo2 scales would be any different.

In regard to Jon's question, no he does not currently offer custom Yo2 scales, and it's not very likely he will ever offer them.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

I can take a sanding drum dremel bit and gently flatten out the area the clip rests on....I think that would be the easiest way to do it....no?
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DrtyHarry wrote:I can take a sanding drum dremel bit and gently flatten out the area the clip rests on....I think that would be the easiest way to do it....no?
Most likely. G10 is super easy to work with a Dremel. Make sure you wear breathing mask, you don't wanna breathe G10 dust.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Mask and goggles ALWAYS with a Dremel!!! ;-)
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Speaking of...I GOT MY LYNCH CLIP TODAY FOR MY PM2!!! happy happy joy joy!!!!! That yojimbo is going to look killer!! Like those scales.
Josh
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

murphjd25 wrote:Speaking of...I GOT MY LYNCH CLIP TODAY FOR MY PM2!!! happy happy joy joy!!!!! That yojimbo is going to look killer!! Like those scales.
I have his low riding black clip on my S110V PM2 with a back spacer...looks sick!!!!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sweet baby jesus that looks good!!
Josh
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Sorry for the lint and stuff all over the pic...the flash really picked up everything. I'm really happy with the back spacer though. It's my only PM2...I like them, but am more of a MIllie fan.