Super Blue Manbug

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bouhunter

Super Blue Manbug

Post by bouhunter »

Hey everyone. I'm new here and enjoying the discussions :) It seems the Super Blue models were very popular. Just thought I'd pass along the Manbug is still available here:

http://www.osograndeknives.com/catalog/ ... 25338.html

I was surprised to see this since the Super Blue knives were in such high demand overall.
SpyderNut

Re: Super Blue Manbug

Post by SpyderNut »

Mmm. Gotta' love the Super Blues. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

O man. I have a Super Blue Manbug and it is simply awesome.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
BTG

Post by BTG »

Just saw them on sale at BBS, 63 bucks...well 83 after shipping, but still I couldn't resist..can always use a spare.

Also jazzed about the Hap40 MB.... Just tracked...should be in my mailbox in approximately 5hrs, I'll be waiting!!
Last edited by BTG on Thu May 26, 2016 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Hello Fellows,

I'm new to Spyderco knives. I bought my very first Spyderco ealier this month, a Manbug SuperBlue! I've fallen in love and bought a ZDP-189 as well. These little razors with a three finger grip fit my hand as though it was custom made for me. I took the ZDP out on a fox calling trip over the week end and used it to take a pretty nice tail and dress a couple of rabbits for no other reason than to use the knife. I'm converted! The Manbug is by far the biggest little knife I've ever used.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
sal

Post by sal »

The Manbug is my regular back-up model. I generally rotate between steels. Just started carrying the HAP40 model.

sal
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

sal wrote:The Manbug is my regular back-up model. I generally rotate between steels. Just started carrying the HAP40 model.

sal
I bought a Delica 4 in HAP40. I s'pose it wouldn't hurt to buy a Manbug in HAP40 as well. :)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

sal wrote:The Manbug is my regular back-up model. I generally rotate between steels. Just started carrying the HAP40 model.

sal
I love mine, for sure. In my pocket now.

How would solid, unclad Super Blue and bolstered G10 get along?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Definitely grab a HAP Manbug Bloke, you'll regret it down the road if you dont, trust me. The HAP40's are going to be hard to find in a couple years just like the SB's.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

farnorthdan wrote:Definitely grab a HAP Manbug Bloke, you'll regret it down the road if you dont, trust me. The HAP40's are going to be hard to find in a couple years just like the SB's.
G'day farnorthdan

Mate, I've gone mad on these knives. I bought the first Manbug 04 May just gone, since then I bought another one, and the Delica, ordered a Stretch ZDP-189, Para Military S110V, a SharpMaker, diamond rods, UF Rods and I'm about to order a Manix 2 S110V. Plus I want a Military S110V and S30V. I want every Spyderco I see! :p
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Bloke wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Definitely grab a HAP Manbug Bloke, you'll regret it down the road if you dont, trust me. The HAP40's are going to be hard to find in a couple years just like the SB's.
G'day farnorthdan

Mate, I've gone mad on these knives. I bought the first Manbug 04 May just gone, since then I bought another one, and the Delica, ordered a Stretch ZDP-189, Para Military S110V, a SharpMaker, diamond rods, UF Rods and I'm about to order a Manix 2 S110V. Plus I want a Military S110V and S30V. I want every Spyderco I see! :p

Sounds like your settling in just fine Bloke :D just pray you don't get disco'd fever and start chasing all those great pieces from the past as well.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

farnorthdan wrote:
Bloke wrote:
G'day farnorthdan

Sounds like your settling in just fine Bloke :D just pray you don't get disco'd fever and start chasing all those great pieces from the past as well.
Ah, disco and the '70's they were indeed fun times and hearing those old songs take me back! Oh, to be a teenager again......!

I've been a knife nut since i was a little boy and i couldn't count how many knives I have, had, gifted and lost or misplaced. I can't understand how I overlooked Spyderco's other than I primarily use fixed blades. Anyhow lucky my darling wife is understanding. She still askes silly questions somethimes. The other day she asked "How many knives does one man need?" worst of all I had no answer! :)
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

Bloke wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Bloke wrote:
G'day farnorthdan

Ah, disco and the '70's they were indeed fun times and hearing those old songs take me back! Oh, to be a teenager again......!

I've been a knife nut since i was a little boy and i couldn't count how many knives I have, had, gifted and lost or misplaced. I can't understand how I overlooked Spyderco's other than I primarily use fixed blades. Anyhow lucky my darling wife is understanding. She still askes silly questions somethimes. The other day she asked "How many knives does one man need?" worst of all I had no answer! :)
I think that he meant disco'd as in discontinued. ;)
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

:o
Mikael Andersson wrote:
Bloke wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Bloke wrote:
G'day farnorthdan

Ah, ha ha ha!

Thanks Mikael, what was I thinking? :o
Mikael Andersson

Bloke wrote::o
Mikael Andersson wrote:
Bloke wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Bloke wrote:
G'day farnorthdan

Ah, ha ha ha!

Thanks Mikael, what was I thinking? :o
Don't worry about it. :)
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Just got mine form a Dutch forum.
Mikael Andersson

Bloke wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Bloke wrote:
G'day farnorthdan

A man needs five hundred and sixty-nine knives, no less and no more... well now you know what to answer your wife. ;)
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
Bloke wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Bloke wrote:
G'day farnorthdan

A man needs five hundred and sixty-nine knives, no less and no more... well now you know what to answer your wife. ;)
Ah, ha ha ha, Good on you Mikael! I just showed her your reply. She shook her head, chuckled and asked "Don't you have more than that?" Mate, you can't win!

I think you'll look long and hard and still not find a better little knife than the Manbug. I have the equivalent offerings from several US and EU manufacturers. The Manbug is plain better! My SuperBlue lives in my pocket and the ZDP in my fox calling bag. Think I'll have to buy a HAP40. :D
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

J D Wijbenga wrote:Just got mine form a Dutch forum.
G'day JD,

These little razors make exceptional small game knives. Don't let the knife's diminutive size trick you. I used a ZDP to take a fox tail last weekend and dress a couple of rabbits. The knife seems tailored to the task. I'm sure you'll love it any way you use it.
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Bloke wrote:
G'day JD,

These little razors make exceptional small game knives. Don't let the knife's diminutive size trick you. I used a ZDP to take a fox tail last weekend and dress a couple of rabbits. The knife seems tailored to the task. I'm sure you'll love it any way you use it.
Thanks! Seems like it is working wel for you. It is my pocket now. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

You know what they say: "It doesn't have to be big,just sharp!"