Amsterdam Meet 2016 Quick Recap – No Prototype Pics Yet

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
martijn-

Re: Amsterdam Meet 2016 Quick Recap – No Prototype Pics Yet

Post by martijn- »

SpyderNut wrote:Excellent! This will certainly tide me over until 3/9. By the way, I like the looks of the Wharncliffe Dragonfly2. Very cool. Thanks much, Wouter!
that is just the HAP40 regular dragonfly2, no warncliffe blade.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

martijn- wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Excellent! This will certainly tide me over until 3/9. By the way, I like the looks of the Wharncliffe Dragonfly2. Very cool. Thanks much, Wouter!
that is just the HAP40 regular dragonfly2, no warncliffe blade.
Ah, I see. And here I was gettin' all excited for another Wharncliffe. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thank you Mr.Blonde
JT

Post by JT »

Thanks in advance Wouter! Don't worry, we'll wait...dang.. I just HAVE to go next year!
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Thx Wouter. Say Hi and thx to Ted from us Norwegians (he'll know who)
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

A thought:

As the photo has forum members on it (or the backs of their heads) would it be worthwhile having us 'tag' ourselves, in the manner of Facebook....so folks know who was who?

FYI- On the 3rd photo: I'm the bullnecked berk on the left hand edge with the crewcut, white t-shirt and spectacles.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

Looking forward to this thread!!! Thanks for your work to bring this to us who can't be there!
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Already thank you and put a question on your blog.
But thanks again Mr Blonde !

Will you have pics of the Lil'Native and PM3 to show ?
And the dyed Spyderco ? Dragonfly and more.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

demoncase wrote:A thought:

As the photo has forum members on it (or the backs of their heads) would it be worthwhile having us 'tag' ourselves, in the manner of Facebook....so folks know who was who?

FYI- On the 3rd photo: I'm the bullnecked berk on the left hand edge with the crewcut, white t-shirt and spectacles.
Yes, I think this would be helpful. As I mentioned earlier, it is difficult to determine who is who based on the back of the head pictures. And really, not everyone would have to participate if they didn't want to; only those who wanted to say, "Hey, that's me!" :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Is it March, 9th yet?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Holy smoke! 2900 photos to edit! I get apoplectic when I have to pick the best 1 out of 10. You're a better man than I am, Wouter. Thanks for doing this for all of us.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

DougC-3 wrote:Holy smoke! 2900 photos to edit! I get apoplectic when I have to pick the best 1 out of 10. You're a better man than I am, Wouter. Thanks for doing this for all of us.
Nah. Highly doubt he will edit all 2900. When I take pictures during a photo shoot I end up with hundreds depending on what I'm shooting. I quickly review them and then whittle them down to a few of each item I was shooting. 300 become 10. Then I look closer and 10 become 3 or so. I then edit those 3 and go with the best image. He will probably follow a similar process. Which is why we usually get 5 or 6 shots of each knife.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Looking forward to your great multiple-angle pictures, concise write-up, all the materials and specs like blade length, weight, etc.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:Holy smoke! 2900 photos to edit! I get apoplectic when I have to pick the best 1 out of 10. You're a better man than I am, Wouter. Thanks for doing this for all of us.
Nah. Highly doubt he will edit all 2900. When I take pictures during a photo shoot I end up with hundreds depending on what I'm shooting. I quickly review them and then whittle them down to a few of each item I was shooting. 300 become 10. Then I look closer and 10 become 3 or so. I then edit those 3 and go with the best image. He will probably follow a similar process. Which is why we usually get 5 or 6 shots of each knife.
I didn't use the right word. I was just talking about the winnowing process itself, not individual image editing. It still seems pretty overwhelming to me. I can't wait to see the results.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

DougC-3 wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
I didn't use the right word. I was just talking about the winnowing process itself, not individual image editing. It still seems pretty overwhelming to me. I can't wait to see the results.
Me too!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Me too!
Me three! I've actually lost a little weight and a lot of sleep over the anticipation for next week. :D :rolleyes: :o :eek:

Donut

Post by Donut »

Mr Blonde wrote: Image
Well, since we still have another day.

What do we see on the video screen?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

ATR
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

An orange dot on Eric's right hand?

brj

Post by brj »

March 9th, let the feast begin :)