Hi, New Forum Member

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BostonTom

Hi, New Forum Member

Post by BostonTom »

Hi,
I have been reading this forum for a couple years. I've found some great info. here.
Just picked up new Sage 1 and Sage 3.Both are incredible knives.Cant put them down. I have 17 Spydercos now and about 40 knives total. I'm pretty conservative with my knife purchases. I stick to simpler steels like VG10, 154CM, S30V etc. and proven designs. That will probably change. I'm baffled how You Guys can take apart and reassemble knives. If I had detailed instructions and a year, I couldn't disassemble and reassemble the most simple knife.
swigert

Re: Hi, New Forum Member

Post by swigert »

Glad you joined up! I bet you could figure it out.

That sage series sure is a winner.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Glad you joined up! I bet you could figure it out.

That sage series sure is a winner.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome aboard, glad you decided to join in.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
doomboxEDC

Post by doomboxEDC »

Welcome Tom :)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Welcome to the forum!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Welcome!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Welcome BostonTom! The Sages are wonderful! If you get a chance try the Sage 2. I wasn't sure I'd like it first but it quickly became a favorite of mine.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Welcome to the forum Tom :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

40 knives....17 spydercos...considered conservative with knife purchases. LOL. Only on here. Love it. Welcome!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.
BostonTom wrote:I'm baffled how You Guys can take apart and reassemble knives. If I had detailed instructions and a year, I couldn't disassemble and reassemble the most simple knife.
Assembling a knives is much less complicated than you think.
I am not any good assembling anything without instructions. Ane never disassemble-reassemble a knife until few years ago, when I bought custom scales for my N5. Just be carefull not to loose any small parts and remember in what order you take them out. After you do this once, it will be a piece of cake.
Good luck.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

Thanks everyone..
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Tom, Doombox,

Wecome to our forum.

sal
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

jalcon wrote:40 knives....17 spydercos...considered conservative with knife purchases. LOL. Only on here. Love it. Welcome!

Nailed it

Welcome to the posting side. I lurked for quite a while still do mainly but being able to comment is nice.
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

Thanks, I apologize if I came off as negative/sarcastic. It means I haven't been active enough somewhere else. God works in mysterious ways. Even without the poison for years, the disease thrives if left untreated. The treatment came from Akron, Ohio in 1935.
Back to knives. I'll try and disassemble something cheap soon. Some will eventually need it. Many posts on here saved me a lot of aggravation. For example, I believe Evil D had a lot of simple, good ideas on dealing with torx screws etc etc.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum!

I happened to find Endura disassembly instruction: http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-ta ... -Spyderco/
IIRC, on Bladeforums there're some thread that shows disassembled knives, but no instructions. Alas, my phone crashed & I lost the saved pages.

Also here's for Delica: //forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=30875

Needless to say, it'll void the warranty.
Chris :spyder:
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

Thanks.. That was nice of You..One of my best friends is a head custodian at large middle school. Brought him coffee one day and saw he was using a cheap liner lock. Lock was worn badly. I gave him an Endura and small CRKT Drifter several months ago. I'm going to take those back temporarily. Clean up and sharpen them. Give him a loaner (no Sages for him). I'm sure the Enduras seen some heavy use. He loves that knife. I'll give it a whirl disassembling. I only use my knives lightly right now. Breaking down 12 pack (soda) cardboard etc for recycling and stuff line that.
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

Hi fellow noobs, another newbie here checking in!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Welcome to the forum BostonTom, and again Thorien! :) Enjoy your time here. Cheers, Radioactive (formerly known as Boston Paul ;))
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King