HAP40 Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nasgul

Re: HAP40 Dragonfly

Post by Nasgul »

Sal, could you let me know if Europe, well France did get HAP40 Dragonfly ? :confused:
It look no one reach here. :confused:
Like you forgot us. :confused:
Please, if somebody know something... Thanks in advance. ;)
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

A day late and a dollar short. That's me, as always. :eek:

Really AOK. :D Since VG-10 is still revolutionary to moi. (Really hoping for the French guy above to get HAP40-ed soon though.) :)

Congrats to all proud new DFly owners! :spyder: :cool:
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Looking for it in the US and French retailer before it been produced ^^
Yes VG10 is a nice steel ! I really like it !
But as I really like the Dragonfly :D I wanted the HAP40 and I didn't wanted to make the mistake when I miss and order lately the Superblue one's....
So this time, to be sure to get at least one, I order (1 limit) it in the US ... I didn't want to wait that it arrived in France, in case they are sold quickly.

Thanks for your wish. Merci ;)

I would like an answer from Spyderco or somebody who can explain a bit... :)
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

There are mutterings on a UK forum that there was an issue with the import of HAP40 Dragonflys, with pre-orders now being cancelled.

Not good.

My HAP40 Stretch should arrive today, though!
archangel

Post by archangel »

I had mine ordered in the US at KnifeCenter. Had to pay tax additionally, but at least I got it. And shipping time was relatively short.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I'm still waiting for my hap40 df2 in Australia
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Warriors and Wonders has a few left I think.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

mine is starting show the first signs of wear. a little blade play is developing (forward and back, not side to side). nothing major, but there is a noticeable tiny shift when pressure is applied (the other 3 dragonflys i have don't do this), does not hurt the functionality of knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:mine is starting show the first signs of wear. a little blade play is developing (forward and back, not side to side). nothing major, but there is a noticeable tiny shift when pressure is applied (the other 3 dragonflys i have don't do this), does not hurt the functionality of knife.
I've owned 4 of these, and every single one of them had a minuscule amount from the factory. I used one of them to break down a bunch of cardboard and noticed that it got worse. I also have a regular VG10 dfly that is solid as a rock, even after cardboard breakdown. I wonder why that is...
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

ejames13 wrote: I also have a regular VG10 dfly that is solid as a rock, even after cardboard breakdown. I wonder why that is...
Wellll I'll tell ya... That is because it's undeniably the most perfect :spyder: knife anyone can be lucky enough to own. All other :spyder: knives are merely very, very, very, ,very, VERY good backup dancers! :p :D :)
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

As of yesterday I'm officially in the club :D

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

ejames13 wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:mine is starting show the first signs of wear. a little blade play is developing (forward and back, not side to side). nothing major, but there is a noticeable tiny shift when pressure is applied (the other 3 dragonflys i have don't do this), does not hurt the functionality of knife.
I've owned 4 of these, and every single one of them had a minuscule amount from the factory. I used one of them to break down a bunch of cardboard and noticed that it got worse. I also have a regular VG10 dfly that is solid as a rock, even after cardboard breakdown. I wonder why that is...
I thought maybe it was because i was using the hap 40 dfly more than my other three. I really like this steel. the orange is unique but not my favorite color. Ive been thinking about getting a vg10 dfly with the g10 scales though. With the thought of maybe down the road a bit swapping the vg10 blade out with one of the super steels (zdp, super blue, or hap 40)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Johnnie1801 wrote:As of yesterday I'm officially in the club :D

Congrats, Johnnie! Glad to see you found one. :) I still have yet to carry mine. :o
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Just FYI, I got one for a coworker at KC last night... was somewhat amazed that there are still HAP'flies available!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...