HAP40 Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ejames13

Re: HAP40 Dragonfly

Post by ejames13 »

weaponwh wrote:bladops has some sprint run dfly 2, better hurry

http://www.bladeops.com/Spyderco-Sprint ... pbore2.htm
Thanks for the tip!
pir4te

Post by pir4te »

5 left!
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

4 left.... You all are terrible! :-)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I cannot beleive that somebody still looking :eek: :confused:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

loving this knife. no problems getting it stupid sharp. stays hair spliting for a few days, then it just needs a few passes on the strop with some green polishing compound to bring it back to stupid :D
i dig hap40.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:I cannot beleive that somebody still looking :eek: :confused:
I ordered one of the last two. Just in time, as these are getting pretty tough to find. Procrastination may as well be my middle name, lol. :o
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

SpyderNut wrote:
I ordered one of the last two. Just in time, as these are getting pretty tough to find. Procrastination may as well be my middle name, lol. :o
I was going to order one on Thursday, site said they had more than 10 in stock. I thought I'll wait to order until the evening and lo and behold when I got back to it they were all sold. I'm a wee bit p'ed off at not getting into the Hap 40 run but at least I'll have my money for something else :spyder:
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

They did not arrived yet in Europe, well in France for sure. ;)
And I for now can't get the answer when they will be available.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote:
Michael,

I wasn't planning to buy it. Not a fan of carbon steels. Later I became a victim of The Forum insanity, when first batch was sold out. But I saw post in this thread and grabbed it at GP. Later I found more and posted here the link. All this only confirm my opinion, if somebody really want to by a sprint and making some efforts to achieve result , he/she will find an opportunity. Probably the only exception can be very small runs like three - four hundred pieces from Golden.
Enjoy your knife.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
I was going to order one on Thursday, site said they had more than 10 in stock. I thought I'll wait to order until the evening and lo and behold when I got back to it they were all sold. I'm a wee bit p'ed off at not getting into the Hap 40 run but at least I'll have my money for something else :spyder:
Sorry to hear that, Johnnie. :( I've been in your shoes before... I remember I ended up waiting too long to order one of the 2013 Forum Natives. Before I knew it, they were all sold out. However, a few months later, Spyderco sent me an e-mail (as I had been on a waiting list) and said they had a few left in stock. I was able to get one, but it was by the skin of my teeth. :o Also, I'll be sending you a PM.

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Michael,

I wasn't planning to buy it. Not a fan of carbon steels. Later I became a victim of The Forum insanity, when first batch was sold out. But I saw post in this thread and grabbed it at GP. Later I found more and posted here the link. All this only confirm my opinion, if somebody really want to by a sprint and making some efforts to achieve result , he/she will find an opportunity. Probably the only exception can be very small runs like three - four hundred pieces from Golden.
Enjoy your knife.
Roman
Thank you, sir. It is really my own fault for waiting so long to jump on the HAP-40 "bandwagon." :o I've never enjoyed stressing out about ordering a rare/limited edition model, so I generally wait until after the initial onslaught and see what is left over. Granted, it's a bit risky, but I've usually had pretty good success in getting a rare model. Plus, a couple of folks here (You Know Who You Are ;) ) have been very kind in offering to part ways with one of their spares. :) This is a great place to be!

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
swigert

Post by swigert »

The hap40 is amazing. Find it while you still can! The secondary market isn't even too bad right now. I suspect the DF2, endura and delica sprints will be extremely expensive on the secondary market as time goes on. Even more so than the SB.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

swigert wrote:The hap40 is amazing. Find it while you still can! The secondary market isn't even too bad right now. I suspect the DF2, endura and delica sprints will be extremely expensive on the secondary market as time goes on. Even more so than the SB.
Yup, I think you are right about that. ;)

Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Heads up as of 12:36pm MST, there are 3 Hap40 dragonfly's in stock at New Graham Knives. Finally got mine ordered!!! Good luck.
dcfis

Post by dcfis »

still kicking cans looking
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

dcfis wrote:still kicking cans looking
Check your PM dcfis ;)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
archangel

Post by archangel »

She's here. She's tiny! :eek:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Me likey... :D
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

This steel is the easiest steel to keep sharp that i have, but i'm very careful to keep it dry and not use it on food or anything corrosive (thats what my H1 Dfly is for :D ). Anyone abuse one of these yet like cutting food and leaving it dirty for a few days? Whats the corrosion resistance like?

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I haven't used mine on food yet (surprisingly), but if it's anything like the M4 in my Gayle Bradley, it should have no problem with food as long as you clean and dry it after. Even stainless steels, including the 410 covering the HAP40, will rust if you neglect them like that so I wouldn't recommend it. Nothing does what H1 do!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

PayneTrain wrote: Nothing does what H1 do!
I was out at lunch yesterday, they bring us fresh bread and butter, no knife. I wip out my H1 Dfly and cut and butter the bread for everyone, wipe it off the best i can with a napkin, and put it back in my pocket. This morning I remember i didn't wash it off yesterday, take it out hit it with some soap and hot water, shake off most of the water and put it back in my pocket. Not a hint of discoloration or corrosion on the H1, like it never even happened. I have a feeling my Hap40 Dfly wouldn't pass that test.

bh49

Post by bh49 »

I can be wrong, but I cannot imagine corrosion coming from butter on any steel. Butter like oil will protect a steel.