HAP40 Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ejames13

HAP40 Dragonfly

Post by ejames13 »

Hey everyone,

Starting this thread in anticipation of the upcoming DF2 sprint in HAP40. Thought it would be good to have a thread for updates on availability and for people to post pics once they arrive.

I see Knife Center expects it within the month of February. Anyone get a shipping notice for their preorder yet??

Best,
Eric
abbazaba

Re: HAP40 Dragonfly

Post by abbazaba »

Pre ordered two. Nothing yet.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Waiting on this and the Manbug.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

I decided a while back to focus on Spyderco for my knife collecting. I love the knives, and there are plenty to choose from. That said, I normally wouldn't want to get more than one of any of them, but after having gotten the Delica HAP-40 for Christmas, I am SUPER tempted to get the DF2 as well. I already have the DF2 in ZDP-189, but this steel and this design are both so good I might just pull the trigger.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
OtisCampbell

Post by OtisCampbell »

I missed out on the Super Blue Dragonfly and it seems all the preorders for the HAP40 Dragonfly (I've been out of knife collecting for a while ;) ).. Is there a brief window these days to nab a popular model that hasn't been pre-ordered?
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

OtisCampbell wrote:I missed out on the Super Blue Dragonfly and it seems all the preorders for the HAP40 Dragonfly (I've been out of knife collecting for a while ;) ).. Is there a brief window these days to nab a popular model that hasn't been pre-ordered?
There are some sites that don't do pre-orders at all (like National Knives I believe). There will be a small window to grab them once they're in stock. You can sign up for notification emails on most vendor websites.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I haven't had very good luck with pre-orders or email notifications on these high demand pieces. What I do is stay tuned into the forums and when they start dropping...act fast fast fast...do not hesitate. I will probably be grabbing as many of the Dflys as I can, these will be very sought after down the road.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

This is the knife I really need; will be getting this one!
BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:I haven't had very good luck with pre-orders or email notifications on these high demand pieces. What I do is stay tuned into the forums and when they start dropping...act fast fast fast...do not hesitate. I will probably be grabbing as many of the Dflys as I can, these will be very sought after down the road.

I've had good luck with pre- order, and now with MAP I swear by it...I used to wait and look to see who was cheaper....now if they're 40% off , I figure that's good to go...I've always got when they dropped, really paid off on the blurple PM2 (sept)..although that was so scarce not even all the pre orders got that one....plus I'm lazy...pre order is like, set it, forget it.
Holland

Post by Holland »

I used to pre order everything but don't anymore. I've never had a hard time buying a sprint as long as I buy in the first week or two it drops.

I am very excited for the DFly, I plan to limit myself to two :o
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

BTG wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:I haven't had very good luck with pre-orders or email notifications on these high demand pieces. What I do is stay tuned into the forums and when they start dropping...act fast fast fast...do not hesitate. I will probably be grabbing as many of the Dflys as I can, these will be very sought after down the road.

I've had good luck with pre- order, and now with MAP I swear by it...I used to wait and look to see who was cheaper....now if they're 40% off , I figure that's good to go...I've always got when they dropped, really paid off on the blurple PM2 (sept)..although that was so scarce not even all the pre orders got that one....plus I'm lazy...pre order is like, set it, forget it.
Now that you mention it I think I did pre-order the PM2 s110v from KW's, is that where you pre-ordered yours, I got lucky and was at the top of the pre-order list and got mine real early, I think I was one of the first. So I guress your probalby right about that. Most times when I pre-order though I end up cancelling because I end up finding it somewhere else faster, I might be a little impatient :D the other one that drives me nuts is BHQ, I dont think I've ever gotten an email notice from them when an item becomes available after signing up.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

farnorthdan wrote:
BTG wrote:

Now that you mention it I think I did pre-order the PM2 s110v from KW's, is that where you pre-ordered yours, I got lucky and was at the top of the pre-order list and got mine real early, I think I was one of the first. So I guress your probalby right about that. Most times when I pre-order though I end up cancelling because I end up finding it somewhere else faster, I might be a little impatient :D the other one that drives me nuts is BHQ, I dont think I've ever gotten an email notice from them when an item becomes available after signing up.
No, my blurple was KC..but yeah I pre-ordered mid August (as soon as I heard about it)..got it under a 100$ with gift card..got their 2016's preorders as soon as they put them up his year so I,m set ...except I gotta keep an eye open for some of those other exclusives as they drop.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

These are being listed in stock at a few dealers. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:These are being listed in stock at a few dealers. ;)
Such as????
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

According to a member over at bladeforums BladeHQ had some in stock today. And it begins...
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

BrianD wrote:According to a member over at bladeforums BladeHQ had some in stock today. And it begins...
Must have gone very quickly. I checked that page a couple times today.
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

Two listings up on fleabay
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

GPK now
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Gone already
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Knife Works guys/Gals...tic...tic...tic