New lil matriarch!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knivesinedc

New lil matriarch!

Post by Knivesinedc »

Jut showed up in the mail today. I did a trade and got this Matriarch (albeit, no clip :( ) brand new. It's a sweet blade and I love how it looks. It's buttery smooth to open, just the right weight and looks mean. Im borrowing the clip from my manix2 DLC for now, but I'll be getting an Endura soon that I plan to keep in my car, so I'll take the clip from that and slap it on the matriarch. I'll update when I get more user experience with it :D
bearfacedkiller

Re: New lil matriarch!

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Congrats! I have a plain edge lil matriarch and it is great. It has a less pronounced tip than its parents and this makes it a far better EDC. Enjoy!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congrats! But hopefully, you will never need to use it. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

SpyderNut wrote:Congrats! But hopefully, you will never need to use it. ;)

Nah, I hope you use it all the time! :D
Screw the labels and categorization put upon some of these knives! Don't let that hold you back from using it for your daily tasks!

That tip is just asking to penetrate some box!
Going back to Caly.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

SpeedHoles wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Congrats! But hopefully, you will never need to use it. ;)

Nah, I hope you use it all the time! :D
Screw the labels and categorization put upon some of these knives! Don't let that hold you back from using it for your daily tasks!

That tip is just asking to penetrate some box!
Yup, exactly! I think it's a shame this knife kind of got "pigeon holed" as a SD blade because it makes a great edc.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I guess what was trying to say (in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way), is that I hope you don't ever have to use it for self-defense. By all means, use and enjoy for EDC. ;)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

SpyderNut wrote:I guess what was trying to say (in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way), is that I hope you don't ever have to use it for self-defense. By all means, use and enjoy for EDC. ;)
Awww, we knew what you were saying Michael. Speedholes, Darby and I just never pass on a chance to tout the merits of the lil Matriarch for edc use. ;)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Surfingringo wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:I guess what was trying to say (in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way), is that I hope you don't ever have to use it for self-defense. By all means, use and enjoy for EDC. ;)
Awww, we knew what you were saying Michael. Speedholes, Darby and I just never pass on a chance to tout the merits of the lil Matriarch for edc use. ;)

Haha, no doubt about it! :)
Going back to Caly.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Surfingringo wrote:
Right on, Brother. No worries here. :D

bchan

Post by bchan »

I also have a plain-edged lil matriarch and agree that it is a nice little knife, may be a bit underestimated.

I would like to side-track a bit: how would you sharpen this knife? Can it be done with the Sharpmaker? Thanks!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

bchan wrote:I also have a plain-edged lil matriarch and agree that it is a nice little knife, may be a bit underestimated.

I would like to side-track a bit: how would you sharpen this knife? Can it be done with the Sharpmaker? Thanks!
Sharpen on the corners of the sharpmaker rods at 40 degrees. Be very careful not to drag the tip or you will lose your needle tip.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I am another plain edge Lil' Matriarch owner and I am very happy with it.