Endura hardware?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knivesinedc

Endura hardware?

Post by Knivesinedc »

Hey guys and gals. A friend of mine has an Endura that he didn't want anymore, so he's giving it to me for free. The only thing is, it's missing the pivot assembly and washers. Can I get the hardware from Spyderco? If not, whats the best place to get it. Thanks! -Jake-
SpyderNut

Re: Endura hardware?

Post by SpyderNut »

I would contact Charlynn in W&R and ask for guidance. They may not send you the pivot screw and washers (per my personal experience), but they may be able to replace them if you send the knife to them for repair. There may be a small fee involved too.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Waco

Post by Waco »

Yeah, they hold firm to their crap about discouraging customers for working on their own knives. My Millie has a stripped screw. They wouldn't give or sell me parts. They offered to look at it if I sent it in and waited patiently for them to fix it. I used some Loctite and put the screw back in the stripped hole. No problem so far.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Send that baby in. They will take care of you.

It might cost a few bucks so while it's there you might as well get it sharpened etc.

There always took great care of me.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

It'll cost you 5 bucks to send it in. Whether they will charge you to fix it is another story. Call and give them the sad story. They have a great reputation for helping out their customers.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Sending it in is the best idea even if you spend $20-$30, you got the knife for free so you're still saving $. Hopefully they'll re-assemble the knife and put a great edge on the blade for you :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

It can't hurt to send a link to this topic as well

Send that baby in.