Anyone bought from blazinblades.com

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swigert

Anyone bought from blazinblades.com

Post by swigert »

Title.

Found a Grail. Wow it's expensive. Anyone bought from these guys?
farnorthdan

Re: Anyone bought from blazinblades.com

Post by farnorthdan »

First I've heard of them but they do have quit a few rare pieces, a little pricey but not too far out of line with what I've seen on the secondary. What are you looking grab if you don't mind sharing,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
alvin06

Post by alvin06 »

First of all, hello everyone. I'm new to Spyderco knives and the forum, but I have been into knives for a couple years.

I recently ordered from blazinblades.com and if they have what you want, and you don't mind the mark up, go for it. They had some sprint runs that I missed out on and had been searching for. I was a bit hesitant at first because of the amount of money I was spending and not being sure about the site's legitimacy. Went ahead and did it anyway. I figured my credit card company would cover me in case something went wrong. A couple days go by and nothing. Then I get a call on my phone from out of state. It's the owner of Blazinblades.com calling me from his cell phone. He explains that he just wanted to talk to me in person because he wasn't sure if my order was legit. We end up talking for 15 minutes about his small business and Spyderco knives. Turns out he's a cool guy and offered me a coupon code for my next order. Anyway, I received my order and everything was good. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how everything went down.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum Alvin, another source for dicontinued pieces is country knives, they are spendy, usually full msrp but are good to deal with, I've purchased a couple of grails from them with no issues.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ureridu

Post by ureridu »

I was going to respond to the other thread, about where to find a caly 3, but I saw this one fwhile looking for the other.

I was looking for a caly 3 in superblue as well, and short of Russia or the Ukraine (dubious propositions at best) blazinblades was the only place I could find it in stock. Price was high, but still less than the 'bay for a NIB (please note, since I ordered price has gone up again).

But superblue in a modern folder is 'nigh impossible to find, short of a custom, so I went ahead and took the plunge (my being a bit of a spyderco fan doesn't hurt). I did request that they check and make sure that the blade was true and centered- a request they responded too and followed up on, as the knife I received was perfect.

So I'd recommend them, as long as you're willing to pay what they want for it. Which high as it is, seems to be roughly market value.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Fun to look through their inventory but nothing in there that I would buy at those prices. Yikes.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Surfingringo wrote:Fun to look through their inventory but nothing in there that I would buy at those prices. Yikes.

And I often wonder why people often choose to single out BBS...?
Going back to Caly.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:Fun to look through their inventory but nothing in there that I would buy at those prices. Yikes.

Probably because BBS gets dealer exclusives and sells them for much closer to MSRP than anyone else getting dealer exclusives. Yes, blazinblades is selling for a lot, but they're not the single source for these particular knives, unlike BBS which has a monopoly on their exclusives. Two completely different scenarios. I'm not saying one or the other is right or wrong, but instead just offering a possible explanation to your question.

Full disclosure: I've bought a BBS exclusive (M390 Para 2) and was perfectly happy with the knife and the price I paid.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Alvin & Ureridu,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

jabba359 wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:

Probably because BBS gets dealer exclusives and sells them for much closer to MSRP than anyone else getting dealer exclusives. Yes, blazinblades is selling for a lot, but they're not the single source for these particular knives, unlike BBS which has a monopoly on their exclusives. Two completely different scenarios. I'm not saying one or the other is right or wrong, but instead just offering a possible explanation to your question.

Full disclosure: I've bought a BBS exclusive (M390 Para 2) and was perfectly happy with the knife and the price I paid.
I bought their exclusive Elmax PM2 and am perfectly fine with the knife and price as well. If you can afford the grail knife that you want, go for it. If you can't afford it now save up for it. What someone is willing to pay for something is completely different than what someone else is willing to pay for that same item.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I got no gripes with BBS, in fact they helped me complete my super blue set, got their last caly 3 and was very glad to have it, try finding one of those these days for a reasonable price. I also picked up the elmax PM2 with PE lil' matriarch combo (I think that was the combo) at a very reasonable price. One of my favorites from BBS was the 204p Domino, probably one of the best flippers I own. So yea they are a little spendy but sometimes this happens. The one I really wish I could have got in on was the M4 Manix2, man I want that one so bad and if I remember correctly their asking price on those was very reasonable.

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

jabba359 wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:

Not that I'm bothered a whole lot either way, but I'd see your explanation as an argument for just the complete opposite point.
Since BBS is bringing those exclusives to the table and making them available to us, they have more reasoning for those prices. Some retailers have normal models only, like here, and not much other justification other than they hold onto stock longer and become a last resort.

I, too enjoy my Elmax PM2, 204p Domino, and Lil' Matriarch PE. And I'm very happy BBS has brought them to us.
Going back to Caly.
Kodiak PA

Post by Kodiak PA »

I bought an Endura in Super Blue last week and it was a smooth transaction. I noticed the price went up about $50 the next time I looked at the site. Thought that was odd.
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

I got my sb caly 3 from country knives at a pretty high price, tho maybe slightly less than what a nib might go for now on secondary market. I think it was their last. Only thing was that it was one of their numbered cc ones. Didn't mind so much because it's a user, but it wasn't disclosed on the site before ordering. Would've preferred non numbered, but was just happy to still find one nib. Now I wish I had gotten their matching caly 3.5 in sb too.
Are these blazinblades rare finds numbered too?
ureridu

Post by ureridu »

sal wrote:Hi Alvin & Ureridu,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks for the welcome!
Kodiak PA wrote:I bought an Endura in Super Blue last week and it was a smooth transaction. I noticed the price went up about $50 the next time I looked at the site. Thought that was odd.
This was my experience as well. After receiving my caly I figured I'd pick up an SB delica or two, but found that prices had risen beyond what I was willing to pay.
bpahk wrote:I got my sb caly 3 from country knives at a pretty high price, tho maybe slightly less than what a nib might go for now on secondary market. I think it was their last. Only thing was that it was one of their numbered cc ones. Didn't mind so much because it's a user, but it wasn't disclosed on the site before ordering. Would've preferred non numbered, but was just happy to still find one nib. Now I wish I had gotten their matching caly 3.5 in sb too.
Are these blazinblades rare finds numbered too?
Mine doesn't appear to be, I assume it would be stamped prominently on the blade?