Worker G10 Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
stevekolt

Worker G10 Sprint

Post by stevekolt »

I have a possible option to pick one up, and I am wondering what the concensus is regarding the Worker Sprint in G10. I like the thicker spine compared to my Delica, but am looking for some opinions. I'm a lefty, and a Sebenza of some sort resides in my left pocket, and currently have a Delica with a combo edge in my right. Any help/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Worker G10 Sprint

Post by Doc Dan »

If the price is right I think you will be happy. But, I did not buy one because I was so happy with my Delicas. I wish I had the Forest Green Delica G10. I kept putting it off as I had other things I needed, and then poof, they were gone.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I too would like to find the green G-10 Delica for a fair amount!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Great knife. I like it much more than earlier variants. I wouldn't trade mine even for two G10 Delicas and I have a spare. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I replied to your thread on BF as well, but just wondering if you're gonna go for it?
Great knife if you are looking for smallish size and a precise pointy tip!

I do still want to make the Spyderhole diameter larger, though...
Going back to Caly.
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

I like mine. Probably the pointiest knife I own. Nice size. I'm a lefty too.
Mike
stevekolt

Post by stevekolt »

Speedy,
Still straddling the fence on this...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've always loved the C-01 Worker model and I've owned at least 6 of them over the years. One of the SE, ATS-55 models was probably my all time favorite but the C-01 model was a great PE model as well.

Sure I would love to see a SPRINT Run of the Worker model. G-10 handle makes good marketing sense too but I do want to see it in one of the newer supersteels. I had petitioned long ago for a ZDP-189 Worker model but for some strange reason it fell on deaf ears :confused: But to see a Worker model in one of the Supersteels would truly be nice.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I really like the look of the sprint but for some reason I never seem to carry it, just seems so small compared to others I have, how many carry theirs on a regular basis?

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

My thoughts on the G10 Worker: Perfect fit and finish. Love the green g10. Has the feel of an old school lockback. Gorgeous and intimidating blade shape and grind. This knife seems like it could clean fish very well. Easy to see why this design has stood the test of time.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ I like it!! When was this sprint run released?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:2014
Thanks! Have to think about this one.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
http://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-work ... sprint-run
Now you don't have to think. Best price anywhere.
You're welcome :)
Spydergirl88
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
http://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-work ... sprint-run
Now you don't have to think. Best price anywhere.
You're welcome :)
Yeah I think you (or someone) posted that link before so I've already been looking (had it bookmarked). I'm still on the fence on this one. Might send the link to my girl and hint that it might make a great Xmas or Bday present.
David from NC

Post by David from NC »

Just got one I'd been wanting since they were announced (I've spent SO much on other toys and gear). I haven't carried it (G10s are being put up!) but the Spyderhole is smaller than the Delica4s and Endura4s I EDC... Not a big deal but I didn't realize this when I ordered.
David

Blue Titanium/Jigged Bone: Endura Damascus, Delica Damascus (finally!)
Foliage G10: Endura FFG, Delica FFG
OD Green G10: Worker Sprint
Black FRN: Endura FFG, Delica FFG, Dragonfly FFG, Matriarch 2, Lil Matriarch, Centofante 3, Salt 1 PE
Grey FRN: Endura FFG, Delica FFG
Purple FRN: Endura FFG, Delica FFG
Green FRN: Delica FFG
Denim Blue FRN: Lil Matriarch PE (Thanks McL!)
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Thanks to these photos I am reconsidering this again - I really like VG10 and hollow grinds - not that wild about the pointy tip but the handle is done properly without any of those pointy bits that the Delica has ......

One of you enablers just needs to tell me that it is a full four finger grip and my pinkie won't fall off the back or hover half on, half off the handle and it will probably be a done deal.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

All the nice photos have got me wanting one again. I passed on it when it came out mainly because there were so many other knives I wanted, I just never got around to getting one. I think it's good to have one fine-tipped splinter-picker type blade around for fine work and minor surgery :). I really like the green G10.

I'm surprised DLT Trading still has them and I'm really surprised they still have the Super Blue Dragonfly! Anybody who doesn't have one of those ought to snap one up. I carry mine clipped in my shirt pocket almost every day.

Edit: typo
Last edited by DougC-3 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

I got one a few months ago NIB on ebay for 115.00, consider it a good deal and love the knife!
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

DougC-3 wrote: I'm really surprised they still have the Super Blue Dragonfly! Anybody who doesn't have one of those out to snap one up. I carry mine clipped in my shirt pocket almost every day.
The website now says unavailable. Maybe someone here snatched up the last one :)