Titanium Wish List!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Titanium Wish List!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

For the longest time I steered clear of Spyderco's titanium knives, mostly due to the added cost. I was perfectly happy with G10 and sometimes carbon fiber. Eventually I broke down and bought my first titanium knife, it was either the Domino or the UKPK, I can't remember. A little over a year later and my collection is full of titanium knives, I finally get why they are so popular.

If there is any knife past or present from Spyderco's market that I wish would get the titanium treatment it's the Para Military 2. I've heard the stories etc about what's in development and I'll continue to wait until it's realized and finally in my hand. In the meantime I thought it would be fun to hear about what knives you wish would get the titanium treatment?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Re: Titanium Wish List!

Post by SpyderNut »

I'd be thrilled to see a Ti Manbug and Dragonfly--with any type of steel. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

SpyderNut wrote:I'd be thrilled to see a Ti Manbug and Dragonfly--with any type of steel. :D
Prior to owning the techno and the Pingo Ti sprint I would have disagreed with you but not now. Great idea!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

PM3 in Ti and cts 204p :D :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

My Ti Spydercos are probably my favorites. My knives of the year for the last 3 years have been the Domino, Slysz Bowie and the PITS and I dearly love my Techno, stealth Ti Chap 2 and Pingo sprint. On the Golden side, the Ti Millies and Native 5 also rank super high on my list.

I'm sure Sal will spring the fluted Ti PM2 on us soon enough (maybe this year with that newly expanded factory of his). I'll still have the pics of the "prototype" that sold on eBay a while back, I'll see if I can track them down. If you can't wait for Golden to make one, there's always Casey Lynch's custom Ti scales.

I 100% agree with Spydernut that a Ti Dragonfly is absolutely in order!! I'm a little unsure of a Ti Manbug, but I'm sure my opinion would be favorably swayed by seeing a prototype :)

(I'm resisting the urge BTW to litter your thread with pics of Ti Spydies! ;))
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:My Ti Spydercos are probably my favorites. My knives of the year for the last 3 years have been the Domino, Slysz Bowie and the PITS and I dearly love my Techno, stealth Ti Chap 2 and Pingo sprint. On the Golden side, the Ti Millies and Native 5 also rank super high on my list.

I'm sure Sal will spring the fluted Ti PM2 on us soon enough (maybe this year with that newly expanded factory of his). I'll still have the pics of the "prototype" that sold on eBay a while back, I'll see if I can track them down. If you can't wait for Golden to make one, there's always Casey Lynch's custom Ti scales.

I 100% agree with Spydernut that a Ti Dragonfly is absolutely in order!! I'm a little unsure of a Ti Manbug, but I'm sure my opinion would be favorably swayed by seeing a prototype :)

(I'm resisting the urge BTW to litter your thread with pics of Ti Spydies! ;))
By all means post away!

@liquid_cobra
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Gayle Bradley 2 in full ti framelock and S110V would be awsome. We can dream.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

How about the Manix2 (Tuff Manix looks killer on youtube. Still would love to see a smaller Manix2, like a Native5 with a CBBL).

Dragonfly idea is spot on.

I'm still waiting for an upgraded Tenacious, why not Ti?
Last edited by abbazaba on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Ladybug
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
LC Kid

Ti Rules!!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

I'm another one on the 'My-Best-Ever-Spydies-Are-Ti' Club. :D

What'd I love to see next? :)

- Spyderco Slysz SwayBack :cool:

- Spyderco Ti Para2 (actually I just don't get it why in this world Spyderco hasn't put this one on the market already) :confused:

- Spyderco Ti DragonFly :rolleyes:

- Spyderco Ti LadyBug (both regular & hawkbill) :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:I'd be thrilled to see a Ti Manbug and Dragonfly--with any type of steel. :D
Prior to owning the techno and the Pingo Ti sprint I would have disagreed with you but not now. Great idea!
Thanks man. I would love to see the Ti scales on the Manbug and Dragonfly treated with the same acid wash as the Techno and Bowie. It would look pretty dang sweet, IMHO. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Liquid Cobra

Re: Ti Rules!!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

LC Kid wrote:Hi Folks!

- Spyderco Ti Para2 (actually I just don't get it why in this world Spyderco hasn't put this one on the market already) :confused:
I'm very curious about this one too. I feel like it would be a gigantic success. Spyderco is probably just taking their time to make sure they get it right.

@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd take nearly any knife I own in Ti, with a couple exceptions that might be surprising..

Some knives I like because of their size to weight ratio. Weight doesn't usually kill a knife for me, I carried a Vallotton for a while and it was a brick, and I've been carrying a Nilakka for a while now which is pretty hefty. But, the Military for example, I don't want in Ti because it adds weight to a knife that I think is partially so amazing because of how light it is for its size.

I was going to say the Dragonfly too, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about that one. It's small enough that even with Ti it won't weigh much, but that knife weighs so little it would be a shame to make it heavy.

Middle sized knives though, I care less about weight for some reason. If I could get some solid Ti scales made for my custom Manix 2 that would eliminate the liners, I'd jump on it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Ti Dragonfly would be a must for me. DF2 ZDP is one of my top three Spydies.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

My personal subjective "want" list of Ti. handle Spydies
1. The new ATR
2. Caly 3
3. Dragonfly
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Dodge wrote:Ladybug

Amen

Grizz
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I'd be thrilled to see the GB2 in Ti with a RIL, it would be the closest to a "Salbenza" yet!
My other two would be Manix2 with S110V and Ti and the PM2 with Ti flat slabs

Dan
ktsthiep

Post by ktsthiep »

1. Caly 3 Ti :rolleyes:
2. Centofante 3 Ti :D
3. Lil Lum Blue Ti :eek:

:o
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Ti. RIL Rock Lobster Sprint. In laminated HAP40. :cool:
(just thought of that when replying to the kitchen folder thread!)
Going back to Caly.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Anyone interested in a titanium a new Titanium Lum Tanto? I've never held the original but the grey sprint with its open construction sure was nice. I'd love to see it come back and I think titanium would be a good way to outdo the grey sprint.

I wonder how many times a week someone asks for the Lum tanto to return? Seems like every other day.

@liquid_cobra