Is Caly jr. project still alive ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Is Caly jr. project still alive ?

Post by elena86 »

Sal, if I remember corectly, you once mentioned something about a micarta Caly jr. project.Are you still considering a Caly jr. come back ? With the new red hot steels in place, it would be great to release a SB or Hap40 iteration.I hope I'm not the only one.
swigert

Re: Is Caly jr. project still alive ?

Post by swigert »

I'm in.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I'd VERY (And "VERY" doesn't even begin to cover the definition of "VERY") like to see a redo of the Caly Jr. in HAP40. I'd be fine with cladded or unclad blade, but I wouldn't want it in Micarta...I'd much rather have the one piece FRN handle with the fish scale texture (In burnt orange). A solid HAP40 Caly Jr. with a one piece FRN burnt orange handle featuring the fish scale texture would tickle my fancy to a degree that I can't really express easily with words.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
elena86

Post by elena86 »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'd VERY (And "VERY" doesn't even begin to cover the definition of "VERY") like to see a redo of the Caly Jr. in HAP40. I'd be fine with cladded or unclad blade, but I wouldn't want it in Micarta...I'd much rather have the one piece FRN handle with the fish scale texture (In burnt orange). A solid HAP40 Caly Jr. with a one piece FRN burnt orange handle featuring the fish scale texture would tickle my fancy to a degree that I can't really express easily with words.
Fish scale burnt orange FRN....we never spoke to each other yes :eek: ? Oh, let's not forget the swedge :cool:
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

The swedge is essential...that goes without saying lol.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

A concept model Calypso jr. with brown micarta scales was shown at a recent Amsterdam Meet, I hope to see it again this year which would mean it's still on the front-burner....
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Mr Blonde wrote:A concept model Calypso jr. with brown micarta scales was shown at a recent Amsterdam Meet, I hope to see it again this year which would mean it's still on the front-burner....
Awesome, thanks for the info Wouter! I'm glad as I'm sure many others are that there's some hope left to see this come to reality. Interesting that it's brown Micarta and not brown G10 like the recent big brother Calypso sprint... Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:A concept model Calypso jr. with brown micarta scales was shown at a recent Amsterdam Meet, I hope to see it again this year which would mean it's still on the front-burner....
Awesome, thanks for the info Wouter! I'm glad as I'm sure many others are that there's some hope left to see this come to reality. Interesting that it's brown Micarta and not brown G10 like the recent big brother Calypso sprint... Cheers, Radioactive :)
Well, it was still a concept model, so it is very possible the handle material could change.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
paladin

Post by paladin »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'd VERY (And "VERY" doesn't even begin to cover the definition of "VERY") like to see a redo of the Caly Jr. in HAP40. I'd be fine with cladded or unclad blade, but I wouldn't want it in Micarta...I'd much rather have the one piece FRN handle with the fish scale texture (In burnt orange). A solid HAP40 Caly Jr. with a one piece FRN burnt orange handle featuring the fish scale texture would tickle my fancy to a degree that I can't really express easily with words.
I'm in...the burnt orange fishscale FRN would be an instant CLASSIC! :D :spyder: :D

And as for the steel upgrade....VG10 has served me well on my Gray Caly Jr., The ZDP-189 has delivered on everything it promised on my black & burgundy models...how could HAP40 do anything but further IMPRESS? :cool:
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

Mr Blonde wrote:A concept model Calypso jr. with brown micarta scales was shown at a recent Amsterdam Meet
Guess you're thinking about the concept model that Sal showed during the 2012 meet, wasn't in A'dam last year though.
Sal told me during the 2013 meet that this Sprint Run most probably wouldn't come, which turned out to be true.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

MarcusH wrote:Sal told me during the 2013 meet that this Sprint Run most probably wouldn't come, which turned out to be true.
:( :( :(
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King