Spyderco Memorabilia

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Spyderco Memorabilia

Post by JD Spydo »

A thread that Bruceter just did on Spyderco's factory boxes for Spyderco's knives and other items got me interested in Spyderco's other memorabilia. I was going through one of my footlockers last night looking through some of my Spyderco memorabilia that I've accumulated over the years. One item I've had for many years and I actually forget when I got it was an original Spyderco mousepad that I won on an auction site years ago. I've also got some posters of Spyderco's that are very interesting as well. Not to mention Spyderco's catalogs and sales info on Spyderco's Sprint Runs are also interesting.

I'm kind of wondering what types of Spyderco memorabilia that you all have accumulated over the years. Spyderco has had a big variety of different types of memorabilia over the years and a lot of it truly borderlines on what you could call collectibles and souvenirs. I'm interested to know what all Spyderco memorabilia you all have gathered over the years. I particularly remember lapel pins and a couple of games that they gave away at their show booths over the years that are now quite interesting. Pictures are certainly welcome.

Even instructions of older sharpening devices or other Spyderco items could also be included. There were posters that I believe that only dealers got which were posters of specific models>> you see a lot of those in "THE SPYDERCO STORY" book written by Kenneth Delavigne. There are a lot of other memorabilia items in that book as well>> not to mention old advertising items. A lot of the older catalogs and promotional items that only dealers had access to are interesting as well. So what items of Spyderco's past do you all own?
GoldenSpydie

Re: Spyderco Memorabilia

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I've got a few interesting things in this category. Here are some old pictures. I might take some new pictures today.

Closeup of partial Meerkats, stickers, pin, and game
SpydyLover1234

Post by SpydyLover1234 »

I have a couple of stickers and 3 of the spyderco holes.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey GoldenSpydie I see you got that Spyderco game I was talking about. At the bottom of the photo is that round Spydie with the blue backdrop which is a game in which you get all the ball bearings or BBs in Spydie's extremities. I actually used to like to play that game but I put all of mine in the storage unit a couple of years ago. I think it was around 05 or 06 when that game was given away at the Spyderco booths at the shows.

I have several of the lapel pins which replicate some of Spyderco's more popular models of folders. I know I have the Dodo and ATR pins along with a few others. I haven't seen anyone show off any of the pins in quite some time. My favorite poster is the murel of "All GOD'S Critters Have Knives">> I also have a T-shirt with that murel on it as well. Spyderco has had quite a bit of memorabilia when you think about it.
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

I too have too much memorabilia. I have a couple of the games, pins, holes, spyder cutouts that had been labeled and given at the Spyderco annual dinners, catalogs, decals, spyder bags, spyder packs, and mouse pad. I need to get through that stuff again to see what else I might have. I use the game as a card marker when playing poker. What could bring more luck than that? Though one of my better tournaments was won using a bug knife that a friend had bought me on the stop we made at Spyderco on the way up the hill to gamble.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Love this thread- I'm currently seeking out the Spyderco model badges on line with small success so far.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

demoncase wrote:Love this thread- I'm currently seeking out the Spyderco model badges on line with small success so far.
You mean like these?

http://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com/ ... lter_id=67
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
demoncase wrote:Love this thread- I'm currently seeking out the Spyderco model badges on line with small success so far.
You mean like these?

http://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com/ ... lter_id=67
:eek: You total star! Thank you!

EDIT- Heh: That's just cost me 40 quid :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

demoncase wrote:
:eek: You total star! Thank you!

EDIT- Heh: That's just cost me 40 quid :D
Glad to help out :) Keep an eye on their site, I think before Christmas they had more. They also seem to get all the new Spydies pretty soon after release and with the current high value of the Pound you might save a few.

Just hope you and Mrs DC. won't be eating beans on toast for the rest of the week :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

I have a few of the lapel pins.

Bruceter
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Where do people get spyderholes?
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

Dodge wrote:Where do people get spyderholes?
If you are lucky, sometimes you can get one or two from a kind employee at the Outlet. A long time ago they sold them but I don't think they do that anymore. I have a few that I enjoy playing with and trying to match to my knives.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

I don't own a lot of memorabilia, but these two are the most dear to me, and I'll never part with them. Both were gifts from Sal Glesser himself. I have several of the coins now, Sal was nice enough to hand out the Spydercoins to any Mil/LEO/EMS folks he met at the seconds sale. As always, my loyalty and dedication to Spyderco is based on years of them treating their customers and fans with amazing service and attention. This gift concreted that for me for life.

Dodge

Post by Dodge »

hudsonhawk wrote:
Dodge wrote:Where do people get spyderholes?
If you are lucky, sometimes you can get one or two from a kind employee at the Outlet. A long time ago they sold them but I don't think they do that anymore. I have a few that I enjoy playing with and trying to match to my knives.
Thanks next time I'm there I'll ask. All I have is an Everest poster, a golden presentation box with a few pins and palladium spyders out of some centofante's

Last edited by Dodge on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bruceter wrote:I have a few of the lapel pins.

Bruceter
Hey Thanks for putting that one up there Bruceter :) I have all of those pins except the one with the flag on it and the Poliwog. It's funny too because you would think that the Titanium ATR would be the hard one to find but I actually have 3 of them. Personally I think they should do pins of every model they ever made. I would love to have pins of the AYOOB, CAPTAIN and Spyderhawk models.

I still want to know which of you all have any Spyderco posters and which ones you have. One poster I got on fleabay back around 06 was the one of Jot Khalsa riding a magic carpet over the New York City skyline with the twin towers in the backdrop. I've only ever seen one of those other than the one I have. I love the "ALL GOD's CRITTERS" poster>> it is timeless and would be a great one to hang on your wall anytime.
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

Snapped a quick pic of some of the other items I have.

Bruceter
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

Bruceter wrote:Snapped a quick pic of some of the other items I have.
Bruceter
Wow, I have some Spyderholes, but that one on the left is Huge! I can't think of what that would go to.
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

I'm not sure what it's from either. I got a bag of "holes" when the SFO was still selling them. I just measured it, it is just under 22.5mm in diameter and just under 4 mm thick.

Bruceter
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

Bruceter wrote:I'm not sure what it's from either. I got a bag of "holes" when the SFO was still selling them. I just measured it, it is just under 22.5mm in diameter and just under 4 mm thick.

Bruceter
I'm thinking that's the one of the iterations of the Swick.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Maybe this wouldn't count as Memorabilia to a lot of you but I do think that the book entitled "The Spyderco Story" by Kenneth Delavigne is truly what I consider more Spyderco memorabilia. I do hope at some point there will be a sequel to "The Spyderco Story">> because there has been so much water pass under the bridge since the late 90s/early 2000s when that book was released. I would even count many of the older boxes, clampacks and zipper pouches as Spyderco memorabilia.

I've also been wondering how many SPYDIE items that there have been over the years?

Also what about the stuff that came in many of the boxes that the knives came in?

SPYDERCO licensed clothing items like shirts, hats, caps and so forth? I know there is a lot out there we haven't seen yet on this thread.