Knife & Watch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
adancingmonkey

Re: Knife & Watch

Post by adancingmonkey »

IMG_5005.jpg
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

These two G-Shocks, the Frogman and the GW-5000-1jf, both have steel, screw-on case backs and steel cases. Casio normally makes one or two screw-on case back G-Shocks at a time and these are the two currently in production. These don't have resin cases like most G-Shocks, which are subject to resin rot after 5-10 years. These are all-steel cases with a rubber cover/bezel and band. I think the case and movement will last darn near forever. The GW-5000 is a faithful reproduction of the very first G-Shock made in 1983 (the DW-5000C), except that it has modern technology like atomic clock radio signal synchronizing.

Both of these are actually made in Japan. Screw backs are the flagship models, along with the MTG line, for G-Shock.

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

^ Rad! I like the '83 reproduction! :D
Going back to Caly.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Only have my phone right now since I'm at work, so the quality isn't anything to be proud of... but here you go ;)

A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

SpeedHoles wrote:^ Rad! I like the '83 reproduction! :D
It's a terrific G-Shock. It doesn't look like much at first glance, but under the hood it's all-steel and the band/bezel is made from a soft polyurethane, not plastic resin. So it's incredibly comfortable to wear. The design is perfect in its simplicity. It's the absolutely pure form of the aesthetic. They got it exactly right with that very first G-Shock.

The only other G-Shock with a polyurethane band, of which I'm aware, is the Mudman. The Mudman is also super comfortable to wear.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

A pair of Dominoes and Citizen Skyhawks.

ScottG

Post by ScottG »

ImageMy Swiss Made Burberry joined by all eleven of my Spydies.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Is that your daily carry ScottG :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:Is that your daily carry ScottG :D
Nah, that's just about the right number of knives that Doc Snubnose carries in his right front pocket alone! :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
Nah, that's just about the right number of knives that Doc Snubnose carries in his right front pocket alone! :p

:eek: ;) :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

I'm drooling at all these sweet pics! Give me a few days guys to pick out which knife and which watch I want to do a combo pic with. (This not gonna be easy.... especially with the knives.)
ScottG

Post by ScottG »

That is the entirety of my modest collection. I would be frozen with indecision every time I found the need to utilize a knife if I had them all with me. It's almost always the ZDP Manbug, as it is attached to my keys, plus one and then the 4v Mule in the kitchen. Next up on the shopping list is the Hap40 DF2 although I dream about a Chaparral with a Reeve Integral Lock or some sort of bolt lock (either the one from the Manix or Sage 3) in Hap40 or maybe M4.
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

This isn't a Spyderco, but it's the best single knife I've bought in recent memory, a Zero Tolerance 0392 Brown-Gold. I have several ZT's and a Hinderer XM-18, and this one is my favorite by a wide margin. It's perfect. It's really well-designed and well-made.

The watch is a GPS satellite watch. It synchronizes the time with GPS satellites when you're outside. I'm sure GPS watches will become much more common in the future, but this is one of the very first ones ever made. I kinda like the 1980s Buck Rogers aesthetic that it's got going on.

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

ScottG wrote:
That is the entirety of my modest collection. I would be frozen with indecision every time I found the need to utilize a knife if I had them all with me. It's almost always the ZDP Manbug, as it is attached to my keys, plus one and then the 4v Mule in the kitchen. Next up on the shopping list is the Hap40 DF2 although I dream about a Chaparral with a Reeve Integral Lock or some sort of bolt lock (either the one from the Manix or Sage 3) in Hap40 or maybe M4.
Yea, I was just ribbing you a little Scott, that's a fine collection you have there, very good taste in knifes for sure. I also like the prometheus light, I use to have one and wish I would have kept it now.

Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

Heres my recent EDC

Space black apple watch (SS with black DLC) on sports strap
Orange Roadie (with scary sharp edge)
Muyshondt Aeon (titanium)

I have only had the apple watch a few weeks - before that there was a Titanium Ecozilla on my wrist - the knife and light havent changed since they arrived.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

In my mind the brand homologue to Spyderco in the watch world is Casio-especially the G shock line.Inovative,tough,highly functional,and beautiful because,and not in spite of those attributes.Apparently i'm not the only one :)
Attachments
delica Gshock.JPG
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Double pleasure thread :D

I really like the two small and last Casio !
The Archimede too !

But less like for their prices :o :p
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

G-Shock Rangemaster and Aviator with a pair of carbon fiber Paramilitary 2's.

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Nixon SS Corporal, Manix 2, Streamlight pen light
Attachments
25.jpg
25.jpg (62.78 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
Josh
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Citizen Eco-Drive + Nato strap and Superblue orange Dragonfly