Box of boxes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bruceter

Box of boxes

Post by Bruceter »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm probably not the only one here who has a box that looks like this. :)

Bruceter
Mushroom

Re: Box of boxes

Post by Mushroom »

Yep, you're right, I have a box full of boxes just like this! Nice collection you got too. :D
-Nick :bug-red
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hey Bruceter. Good to see you back! :D

And yup, I've got a similar-looking box too. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Yep, got one just like it, I take good care of mine in case I ever need to sell some,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

We are remodeling our laundry/storage room and these are getting moved to a deeper storage location. Condensed them into one bigger box and thought I would snap a quick pick.

Bruceter
Slone

Post by Slone »

You stil have room for a extra layer. :)
(Big saves on storage box)
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Reorganised my shoe boxes full of boxes friday; you're not alone :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah I'm guilty as well :D I've probably got close to 250 Spyderco boxes myself. I have several going back to the 2002 to 2005 era but not so many in the past 2 to 3 years. If I ever snag any of these older classics it's nice to know I'll have a box for it. They also make good trade bait for people who are looking for Spyderco boxes of a certain model.

I have lots of Spyderco memorabilia and a great selection of their catalogs as well. Most of the boxes I have are for folders I don't have many fixed blade boxes.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Yep, fixed blades have a separate box too, they lack standard sizes like the standard spydie box, or the bug boxes.
image.jpeg
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Nice, my boxes are a mess in a cabinet. Some are empty and some may have knives in them. Plus I have thrown out many of my boxes. You guys are so organized.
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Yep got one of those. Just got home and a package with a Native 5 was waiting at the door for me so will add another box to the box of boxes.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Some of the Spyderco boxes that I have that may be getting to the stage of what you can call "collectible" could be Spyderco folder boxes from the early to mid 90s era i.e. the "black & white" boxes like the ones my Renegade & Blackhawk models came in. There was also a "black & blue" box that followed in the era of the late 90s/early 2000s like the box that the original Jot Singh Khalsa model came in.

The fixed blade boxes are of a wide variety>> I did have the ones that my original TEMPERANCE 1 models came in but those got lost for some strange reason :confused: It seems like when you move from place to place things just get lost with no viable explanation.

Mostly what I have are the gray folder boxes and I do have a ton of those. Spyderco memorabilia truly has gone through an interesting evolution process :cool:
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Yep, tons of boxes. I keep debating whether to keep them. I do tend to carry most of mine, so I could never sell them as "NIB", but when I die my daughters may decide to sell off part of my collection (currently around 250-300 Spydies) and they would probably get more for them if selling them with the boxes, but I don't store the knives *in* the boxes (too much trouble to switch out what I'm carrying) and my daughters aren't familiar enough with the different models to match them up with the boxes.

When I die, one of my daughters will probably have to come on here asking for help identifying and pricing them all, but I'm not planning on that happening anytime soon :).

In the early years I didn't always keep the boxes, and some I damaged trying to get to the new knife in a hurry :D.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Thanks for making my addiction seem minute ;)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

BTG wrote:Yep, fixed blades have a separate box too, they lack standard sizes like the standard spydie box, or the bug boxes.
image.jpeg
That's a bunch of Spydies. Are most of those for collecting purposes or are they all users? Whats the yellow sticker boxes?

I've always leaned more towards using them and having a NIB backup to each of the users in case of loss, destruction etc.

But with the way some of the Sprint and discontinued Spydercos have risen in value over the last few years I'm starting to think about getting more into collecting.

A couple of good examples of that is the discontinued 3V Tuff and Blue Sage 3..they've both went thru the roof since they went discontinued a relatively short while ago.

It seems to me that Spyderco does a very good job at creating a "micro economy" within a economy..not sure if "micro economy" is the correct word for it but it's the closest way that I know how to describe it.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Most are collection, if I really love a knife, I'll get a second one also, currently 12 in the rotation..and all fixed blades are used too, just not EDC'd ..more occasion specific...I think the yellow ID stickers are just random, because they're different years and models...can't find any pattern to it. There are many here who have way more knives, and knowledge on that, mine don't go too far back almost all are from the last 3 or 4 years.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I'm pretty sure the yellow stickers are for serrated blade models, at least that seems to be the pattern I see with mine.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Ashton

Post by Ashton »

I got that box!
aranawhite

Post by aranawhite »

You guys are an inspiration. Or sales men. Or inspired salesmen, Cool thread Bruce.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

I wish i had anywhere near this size collection. I have maybe 8-10 boxes currently. super bummed that my 440v millie box got thrown away. It was the white and blue box if I remember correctly. I still have 2 boxes for spydies I don't own anymore too.